Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Book pals, thrilled to announce I’ve finally finished All the Light We Cannot See! It was alright but I found it a slog and a half so only giving it 2 stars.

Reading Green Dot and the main character is infuriating! I want to slap some sense into her 🤣 Anyone else think this?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Finally finished Preloved. LOVED it. Something I can we can all relate to in one way or another.

Reactions: 7
Finally finished Preloved. LOVED it. Something I can we can all relate to in one way or another.
I have it on order - 7 people in front of me.
I finished the Leonie Swan book at 2am this morning. Saw her picture on the flyleaf and said to myself "only that face could write a book like this". It's her second book and I can't wait now to read her first book.
I loved everything about the book down to the picture of the tortoise crawling up the side of the pages with bloody footprints.
Definitely a book to buy your friend, with chocolate, their favourite drink and even a blanket as I couldn't put it down. It's a 5.5 out of 5.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just finished the will of the many, really really enjoyed it. I love fantasy but I’ve been annoyed that “romantasy” has kinda taken over. I like more war less love in my fantasy. So if anyone is looking for a good political(ish) fantasy I can recommend it.

I feel like I should read a non-fantasy next to widen my reading. I don’t really know what to try through as I usually only read fantasy.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My January reads:

I’m not one for reading biographies but I’m going out of my comfort zone this year .

Red, White & Royal Blue - a fluffy fun read. I had a few moments where I almost put it in my DNF pile but I preserved and it paid off. I can see why this is a booktok hit, it’s fun but can also be a bit annoying at times. 3/5

Born a Crime by Trevor Noah - such an interesting and heartbreaking read. His poor mother. But I love her spirit and his respect towards her. It also gives us a look into apartheid and post apartheid South Africa and how his mixed family navigated their way through it. 4/5

I’m Glad my Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy - Holy bleeping tit! Such a great book, so honest and thoughtful. I loved hearing her opinions on the child actor industry and her honesty in saying she still has far to go in her recovery. I just cannot believe the crap her mum put her through, even from beyond the grave! 5/5

Paris the Memoir by Paris Hilton - I was hesitant about this one as I thought it would be vapid but I was pleasantly surprised. She delves into her ‘dumb blonde’ persona and is surprisingly a clever business woman. She also talks about her experiences of abuse at boarding school which is harrowing but I really admired her strength and spirit. I also love how this was written. She states she had ADHD and it’s written with that in mind, fluctuating and going off topic. It’s brilliant! 5/5

The Last Devil to Die by Richard Osman - I like the Thursday Murder Club series as it’s a fun, light read. This one is still light and fun but it also has a very emotional and heartfelt aspect to it. I got a bit teary reading it and I’ve definitely become attached to the gang. This is my favourite book of the series. 4/5

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've just finished Shuggie Bain, really enjoyed it although it was grim and hope the TV show will be just as good when it's made.

Also just finished Matthew Perry biography but skim read a lot of it to be honest.

Now looking for something else to read!

Red, White & Royal Blue - a fluffy fun read. I had a few moments where I almost put it in my DNF pile but I preserved and it paid off. I can see why this is a booktok hit, it’s fun but can also be a bit annoying at times. 3/5
i love rw&rb (as my icon will attest) but i think this is a fair assessment. i gave it 4 stars because while alex and henry themselves are lovely, some of the supporting cast did try my patience 🤣 plus the general interpretation of royalty (“prince of england” etc) could have done with more research imo. but it’s also freaking adorable so balanced out and the emotional payoff is worth it imo!

Reactions: 2
I've just finished Shuggie Bain, really enjoyed it although it was grim and hope the TV show will be just as good when it's made.
I did not know this!

I love Shuggie Bain. I'm waiting until I've forgotten enough to re-read but on audio.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just downloaded The Housemaid by Freida McFadden. 1 in a 3 book series! Heard good things 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Reactions: 9
I’ve just downloaded The Housemaid by Freida McFadden. 1 in a 3 book series! Heard good things 🤞🏻🤞🏻
We read it for the Tattle book club last year and it was mostly well received. I personally loved it! I think I remember reading 1 and 2 within 24 hours as I couldn’t put them down. Got the 3rd on preorder.

• Heart
Just started Fourth wing 😁 I’m going in 😍I’m determined by the end of the year I’ll be fantasy girlie 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Posting this so you can have a bit of a read of it and see if this book intrigues you as it did me... Press on the purple "preview this book"

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just finished the will of the many, really really enjoyed it. I love fantasy but I’ve been annoyed that “romantasy” has kinda taken over. I like more war less love in my fantasy. So if anyone is looking for a good political(ish) fantasy I can recommend it.

I feel like I should read a non-fantasy next to widen my reading. I don’t really know what to try through as I usually only read fantasy.
I've just read this, not usually a fantasy reader, but randomly clicked on it on Waterstones app, sounded good, so bought it.

Honestly one of my favourite books ever. I just loved it that much.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Posting this so you can have a bit of a read of it and see if this book intrigues you as it did me... Press on the purple "preview this book"

added this to my Amazon TBR list :)

Reactions: 2
Oh by the way I took the advice of going with another Lisa Jewell book : The Night She Disappeared

I love it already.

And its read by Joanne Froggatt (Anna from Downton Abbey) who has the loveliest soft voice. Id listen to her read the phone book
I read The Night She Disappeared and loved it! I might need to try another of her books soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.