Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nooooo 😭
At first, I thought 'what a weird quote to open the book with' and then the narrator/the mother start talking
about Maggie drowning
Guess my heart will be broken soon...
But I understand why you love it! If it keeps being this good, it could be an all time fav. Thanks for recommending it ❤
honestly, read more eliot after this. she is wonderful and i love how she writes women (and female friendships) 💙

i will refrain from comment on the rest of your post. a lot of unexpected things occur though, i can’t wait for you to finish so i can properly spoil 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
House of Flame and Shadow fans (I know it's not everyone's bag). I walked past The Works today and they had it in the window (and online) for £14.

My Waterstones preorder hasn't turned up, which seems like a bit of a recurring theme these days and the tracking looks more like it'll arrive Thursday at this point - so I just bought a copy in The Works and will return the Waterstones one when it comes. 5 quid saved and my day off tomorrow salvaged so I can start it!

Reactions: 12
My January reads (and listens) 😁 super chuffed with myself. Trying to get into Iron Flame but I’ve been side tracked by Gypsy Rose Blanchards new documentary 🤣 I’m inly the second chapter but enjoying it so far

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Unsure how to do the pictures people post of their wrap ups!!

But January I've read/listened to Icebreaker, The Housemaids Secret, ACOTAR & ACOWAF!
11% of my target for the year reached :m

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Happy with how much I read and listened this month. The biographies were listened to on spotify.

845B37FE-7DD1-46B7-9E45-58DF16DC4A6D.jpeg

---
Btw the book of the month was The Murder After the Night Before by Katy Brent.

• Heart
Joining in and posting what I’ve read this month, I’ve been lurking as always but trying to be not so shy and hoping this will encourage me to keep the reading up I enjoy it so much but sometimes I’m my own worst enemy.
Really love this calendar thingy from Bookmory which I only found through here so thank you whoever posted about that! Started off the month really well then lost it a bit, I’m so all or nothing, it drives me crazy can never seem to find a balance in anything 🙈
Loved Penance like lots of people here, Eliza Clark can do no wrong in my eyes. Ask for Andrea was really good too, the ending was a bit meh to me but it couldn’t have really ended any other way so that’s me being a bit daft, I just hoped for a little more I guess. Really loved If I Can’t Have You too, made me really emotional in parts and I didn’t expect that, Constance was such a flawed character but also I really did like her and related to her obsessive side a lot which is a bit hard to admit but we’re all friends here 😅 and god she’d been through it. I think it gets quite mixed reviews and it does drag a bit in parts but for me I loved it and it’ll stay with me.
Up next is either Strong Female Character or Preloved both of which are recommendations from here so thank you guys again!
IMG_5495.jpeg

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Joining in and posting what I’ve read this month, I’ve been lurking as always but trying to be not so shy and hoping this will encourage me to keep the reading up I enjoy it so much but sometimes I’m my own worst enemy.
Really love this calendar thingy from Bookmory which I only found through here so thank you whoever posted about that! Started off the month really well then lost it a bit, I’m so all or nothing, it drives me crazy can never seem to find a balance in anything 🙈
Loved Penance like lots of people here, Eliza Clark can do no wrong in my eyes. Ask for Andrea was really good too, the ending was a bit meh to me but it couldn’t have really ended any other way so that’s me being a bit daft, I just hoped for a little more I guess. Really loved If I Can’t Have You too, made me really emotional in parts and I didn’t expect that, Constance was such a flawed character but also I really did like her and related to her obsessive side a lot which is a bit hard to admit but we’re all friends here 😅 and god she’d been through it. I think it gets quite mixed reviews and it does drag a bit in parts but for me I loved it and it’ll stay with me.
Up next is either Strong Female Character or Preloved both of which are recommendations from here so thank you guys again!
View attachment 2726529
I was the same, too shy to post anything for ages!
I love seeing what people have been reading, I’ve got loads on my TBR list now, where I had previously lost all inspiration for reading

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was the same, too shy to post anything for ages!
I love seeing what people have been reading, I’ve got loads on my TBR list now, where I had previously lost all inspiration for reading
I’m glad it’s not just me! I did post last year and then I overthought everything as usual and went shy again 🤦🏼‍♀️. I love seeing what everyone’s reading too, my TBR grows pretty much everytime I come on this thread 😂. So glad you’ve got your inspiration back, I know how hard it is when you lose it. Looking forward to seeing what you’ve been reading

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is my most read in a month ever, I had to find a new template to fit them all in 😅 I’ve still got The Whispers to finish but I’ll finish that tonight.

I feel like I’ve enjoyed SO many of these books too.

5* - Keep it in the Family and Don’t Let Her Stay

4* - Misery, Geneva, The Perfect Marriage, The Millionaires Wife, Remarkably Bright Creatures, Too Late, I Found You, The Woman in Me and The Last Mrs Parrish.

So yeah, a great start to 2024 and a few ticks off my challenges too.

BBEA1867-FAF6-4D14-BCA8-B107A4DCBF2E.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This is my most read in a month ever, I had to find a new template to fit them all in 😅 I’ve still got The Whispers to finish but I’ll finish that tonight.

I feel like I’ve enjoyed SO many of these books too.

5* - Keep it in the Family and Don’t Let Her Stay

4* - Misery, Geneva, The Perfect Marriage, The Millionaires Wife, Remarkably Bright Creatures, Too Late, I Found You, The Woman in Me and The Last Mrs Parrish.

So yeah, a great start to 2024 and a few ticks off my challenges too.

View attachment 2726635
Intrigued to see what you think of The Whispers...

I read it last year and then nominated Hot Spring Drive for the book club pick and I think its probably similar vibes ha.

Reactions: 1
Happy with my January reads including longer books. Just finished Remarkably Bright Creatures today 😭😭 cryin

And yup, I also don't know how to do the nice pictures 🤣

Think I'll start on the Crescent City series now

Screenshot_20240131-144121~3.png
Screenshot_20240131-144127~2.png

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Intrigued to see what you think of The Whispers...

I read it last year and then nominated Hot Spring Drive for the book club pick and I think its probably similar vibes ha.
I’m 85% through and actually looked here to see what others had thought because I knew it’d been mentioned.

For the first half I could have taken or left it tbh. I kept going because of the positive reviews here and now I’ve found myself a lot more into it. It’s just a slow burner I think and more character based, whereas I’m usually more plot focused. Second half has been much better though so far.

Reactions: 1
Happy with my January reads including longer books. Just finished Remarkably Bright Creatures today 😭😭 cryin

And yup, I also don't know how to do the nice pictures 🤣

Think I'll start on the Crescent City series now

View attachment 2726647View attachment 2726649
Marcellus is the best 🥰
---
I’m 85% through and actually looked here to see what others had thought because I knew it’d been mentioned.

For the first half I could have taken or left it tbh. I kept going because of the positive reviews here and now I’ve found myself a lot more into it. It’s just a slow burner I think and more character based, whereas I’m usually more plot focused. Second half has been much better though so far.
Yes its definitely character driven. Have you read The Push by the same author? Thats why I wanted to read it. It wasnt as good imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My reads for January, great month for me 15 books done.

Favourites and 5 stars each were The German Mother by Debbie Rix and Preloved by Lauren Bravo. Also really enjoyed Fat Chance by Nick Spalding, Em and Me by Beth Morrey and Little Liar by Lisa Ballantyne.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Only two books read this month:
1. Paper Palace - Miranda Crowley Heller
2. bad apples - will dean

pretty happy with that because I work full time and have two very young children so I only get to read bits and pieces.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.