Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve set myself one challenge for next year … to read Manacled. I downloaded it last night and it’s 1000 pages 😱 I’m a bit scared 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I’ve set myself one challenge for next year … to read Manacled. I downloaded it last night and it’s 1000 pages 😱 I’m a bit scared 😂
Is this the Dramionie fanfic? Sorry if it's not but sounds like it.

Came on to say I'm halfway through Forth Wing and I am loving it! It's so fun. I think that by having no stress and no expectations it has made the reading experience so much better.

Also went to a charity shop yesterday with my mum who helps out there and got 6 books for practically nothing. The lady who runs it said she knows they will come back to her eventually 😂

Reactions: 8
1000 pages of draco malfoy?! sign me up. i guess i have another challenge for next year 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I’ve decided I’m going to do The 52 Book Club’s 2024 Reading Challenge this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is this the Dramionie fanfic? Sorry if it's not but sounds like it.

Came on to say I'm halfway through Forth Wing and I am loving it! It's so fun. I think that by having no stress and no expectations it has made the reading experience so much better.

Also went to a charity shop yesterday with my mum who helps out there and got 6 books for practically nothing. The lady who runs it said she knows they will come back to her eventually 😂
Yes that’s the one. It came up on my tiktok fyp yesterday and I had to get it. Apparently it’s really dark 😱 I’ve never read fanfic so I’m jumping straight in at the deep end

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've been really out of sorts lately with my reading, not been well, work manic and just struggling a bit, but finally finished Really Good Actually, which Goodreads tells me I started on 13th November!! I liked it, it just didn't have that 'going to bed early to read' vibe! However, I've started Good Material by Dolly Alderton today, and it's right up my street and am loving it so far. Loved Ghosts, so not surprised I'm straight into it.
Still very much into this thread, and have been keeping up with what everyone's reading or read this year. 🥰 Merry Christmas to all my fellow booklovers.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes that’s the one. It came up on my tiktok fyp yesterday and I had to get it. Apparently it’s really dark 😱 I’ve never read fanfic so I’m jumping straight in at the deep end
the reviews are really good!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I just finished Facing The Music by Hannah Spearritt of S club 7 fame. I’m just glad this was a library book and not one I’d spent money on! Now moving onto Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover.

Reactions: 6
I downloaded it a few weeks ago and had no idea it was so long 😬😬

Will definitely read it in the new year 😊

Reactions: 3
Finished the tome that was Barbra Streisand's autobiography in the early hours.
Just picked up my next book to read - George Alagiahs autobiography - opened the front cover and it's got his signature in it and a note from someone gifting it to someone....🤷

Reactions: 3
Read a bit of Fourth Wing and worried it's going to be one of the ✨oh she's so SMALL and TINY and CLUMSY✨ main characters. They've already been repeated about Violet so many times and I'm only a few chapters in. :rolleyes:

Obviously being small and clumsy isn't a problem in a person but why do authors have to make such a thing about it for female main characters?!

Reactions: 6
Read a bit of Fourth Wing and worried it's going to be one of the ✨oh she's so SMALL and TINY and CLUMSY✨ main characters. They've already been repeated about Violet so many times and I'm only a few chapters in. :rolleyes:

Obviously being small and clumsy isn't a problem in a person but why do authors have to make such a thing about it for female main characters?!
i hate this in romances so much. because she’s never just clumsy, she’s ✨clumsy✨ to the point that apparently walking in a straight line becomes tricky. it’s a trope that really bothers me 🤣

(the she’s so tiny! so small! a teeny tiny baby girl! made the love hypothesis borderline impossible to read for me so i hear you)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
i hate this in romances so much. because she’s never just clumsy, she’s ✨clumsy✨ to the point that apparently walking in a straight line becomes tricky. it’s a trope that really bothers me 🤣

(the she’s so tiny! so small! a teeny tiny baby girl! made the love hypothesis borderline impossible to read for me so i hear you)
Yes! This trope! My biggest hate! Also, someone is so anxious they can't speak, or do anything ever.

Also, the man is so mysterious and so closed and never shows his feelings but suddenly by the end he is crying, having all the feelings and is really a big softie inside.

They always go too far with making the characters into such tropes. Need to tone it down.

Reactions: 9
Almost skipped over Remarkably Bright Creatures but it's now firmly in my top five from the year, so another recommendation for anyone teetering, it really is fantastic!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.