Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am currently reading Cara Hunter - Murder In The Family. Has anyone else read this ?

I am enjoying it so far and I like the difference in how the story is presented to the reader.
I really enjoyed it. Its different to her other books as they follow a police team. Would highly recommend those too.

Reactions: 6
I am currently reading Cara Hunter - Murder In The Family. Has anyone else read this ?

I am enjoying it so far and I like the difference in how the story is presented to the reader.
I was watching a TV programme tonight that I taped a while ago with this title 🤔

Reactions: 2
There's a Taylor Jenkins Reid book where the main character is obsessed with cinnamon buns and its always like omg how can you eat a FULL one of those. I thought I was just being easily irritated but I saw a few Goodreads reviews mentioned the same, and someone searched on Kindle and apparently cinnamon bun was mentioned 100+ times or something crazy. :ROFLMAO:

Eta: here's one from Goodreads (not my review). The book is Maybe in Another Life.
this drove me crazy about maybe in another life! It’s my lowest rated TJR book and honestly it’s mostly because of the constant cinnamon bun talk 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes. It is fantastic in audio. I read @PunkyMonkey 's comment earlier and did mean to come back to it.

I bought it ages ago in an audible sale on a recommendation from someone else and tbh the premise really made me doubt Id enjoy it. I put it off for so long. It is such a great book and amazing in audio format. Well worth a credit imo if using audible.
Absolutely agree @nbt - I got it on audible and I think it'd lose a fair bit of its charm without the actual voice of Marcellus! Think I'm going to give it another listen tbh.

Merry Christmas, lovely reader crew ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Merry Christmas my fellow book lovers ❤ I just received a book present for the first time in years and I'm so happy. It's a mystery book, wrapped in brown paper with the opening lines of the book printed on the front.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve finished Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover this afternoon - really enjoyed this one. Now onto The Lying Game by Ruth Ware.

Really enjoying the Christmas break as I’m reading again. I’m finally out of the slump!
Read The Lying Game some time ago. Thought it was ok (score 3) but not remarkable.

Reactions: 2
Last night I finished Why mummy drinks at Christmas by Gill Sims 7/10 all these books are an easy enjoyable read but TBH I guessed what would happen at the end, still enjoyed it though.

Reactions: 5
this drove me crazy about maybe in another life! It’s my lowest rated TJR book and honestly it’s mostly because of the constant cinnamon bun talk 🤣
Cinnamon buns and wearing her hair in a high bun was the entirety of her personality 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Cinnamon buns and wearing her hair in a high bun was the entirety of her personality 😂
Now I wanted a cinnamon bun....

Merry Christmas/happy holidays to everyone and to anyone not celebrating today (inc me) hope you can at least enjoy some cosy reading and some treats. I'm glad to have found this thread, and be rapidly expanding my to be read list at every page 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just popping my head in to say a very Merry Christmas to quite possibly the nicest corner of the Internet. Hope everyone has a good day, especially those who may not partake in the celebrations.

I am also delighted to hear the Waterstones sale is live 🙊 Mr B did listen to me after all and he got me Prophet Song so have crossed that off my shopping list.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Merry Christmas my fellow book lovers ❤ I just received a book present for the first time in years and I'm so happy. It's a mystery book, wrapped in brown paper with the opening lines of the book printed on the front.
What a neat idea.

Merry Christmas to the fabbest bunch of beings and the best thread on Tattle. I hope you all have lovely day with lots of pockets of joy. 🌲🎁🌟

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Got a few books for Christmas. Hopefully they'll be good reads:

The help I sexted my boss book by William Hanson and Jordan north

Four Seasons In Japan by Nick Bradley

A Bird in Winter by Louise Doughty

The first Stranger Things novel

Sweet pea by CJ Skuse

I will try and keep up with this thread as it may get me out of the reading slump I've been in for the past few months!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My secret Santa gift from my lovely friend. The spoon! 🥰
IMG_9110.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Merry Christmas you lovely lot.

hope everyone got gifted lovely book and bookish things.

Mr Pinkii gave me £100 waterstones gift card! Can’t wait to book shop

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Merry Christmas you lovely lot! 🎄

I know I said I need to use the library more in 2024 but the Waterstones sale has got me like

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.