Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a Christmas themed thriller might hit the spot, has anyone read The Night Before Christmas - Alex Pine? Or recommend something similar? Happy to pay a pound or two for a kindle edition.

I did see Silent Child by Sarah A Denzil is free at the moment, not even prime borrowing. That looks interesting.

Reactions: 4
I think a Christmas themed thriller might hit the spot, has anyone read The Night Before Christmas - Alex Pine? Or recommend something similar? Happy to pay a pound or two for a kindle edition.

I did see Silent Child by Sarah A Denzil is free at the moment, not even prime borrowing. That looks interesting.
Ahem, may I direct you to the Tattle book club thread with the one and only suggestion so far that may or may not get chosen for December… 😅

Reactions: 1
I think a Christmas themed thriller might hit the spot, has anyone read The Night Before Christmas - Alex Pine? Or recommend something similar?
I read his previous book The Winter Killer and whilst it was an enjoyable read I thought it was a bit predictable in places.

Yesss I know what you mean. Do it 🥰

I am knee deep in the chestnut springs series by Elsie Silver and loving them.
Omg I read them in the summer I just have hopeless to read, I looooved them such a guilty pleasure 🤭
---
I just ran here to say I just saw Waterstones triple/double points but obvs I’m too slow 🤣 happy buying guys!

Omg I read them in the summer I just have hopeless to read, I looooved them such a guilty pleasure 🤭
---
I just ran here to say I just saw Waterstones triple/double points but obvs I’m too slow 🤣 happy buying guys!
I am really loving them. Im only at Cade and Willa's book just about finished it. I loveeee Cade. So much. Grumpy Daddy is my vibe 😂😂

Ahem, may I direct you to the Tattle book club thread with the one and only suggestion so far that may or may not get chosen for December… 😅

I will keep an eye on the thread but I’m hoping to start a new book tonight and finish before December! But maybe I will read along with the book club in December (I’m not very good at book clubs though 🤣)
---
I read his previous book The Winter Killer and whilst it was an enjoyable read I thought it was a bit predictable in places.
I‘ve seen now that he has four Xmas/Winter themed books in the series. The first one - The Christmas Killer - is on prime borrowing so maybe I’ll try that

Last edited:

I read the first in that series, The Christmas Killer and thought it was dross. Awful writing, flat characters. Wouldn't pick up another one.

Talking of the Waterstones points deal, what books do we all have on our Christmas wish lists?

I will keep an eye on the thread but I’m hoping to start a new book tonight and finish before December! But maybe I will read along with the book club in December (I’m not very good at book clubs though 🤣)
---

I‘ve seen now that he has four Xmas/Winter themed books in the series. The first one - The Christmas Killer - is on prime borrowing so maybe I’ll try that
I forgot to finish replying to this earlier. I read The Christmas Killer last year, so bought the others in the series and then realised I’d only given it 2/5 🤦🏼‍♀️ that’s not to say the others won’t be good though so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Reactions: 3
What did you get?
Mostly pre-orders with spredges!
The Beholders, Voyage of the Damned, The Warm Hands of Ghosts, City of Stardust. A couple of paperback pre-orders inc. the Covenant of Water and Count of Monte Cristo.. plus a bookmark!

Did you order anything?

The Beholders, Voyage of the Damned, The Warm Hands of Ghosts, City of Stardust. A couple of paperback pre-orders inc. the Covenant of Water and Count of Monte Cristo.. plus a bookmark!

Did you order anything?
Still finalising it. We are at 21 books so some need to go. 🫣

I just finished it this week and guessed whodunit less than a third into the book. I have the next in the series on my kindle but do find his books hit or miss.

I have 3 books on the go which are nearly all done... then I start my festive reads.

I also have some questions for our yearly round up. I will get them prepped for next week and the beginning of December. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just a random question but does anyone else enjoy reading the British Library Crime Classics as I am currently reading a Surprise for Christmas and other seasonal mysteries and I have to say they are very nice cosy reads that you can just dip in and out of.

Reactions: 2
Just a random question but does anyone else enjoy reading the British Library Crime Classics as I am currently reading a Surprise for Christmas and other seasonal mysteries and I have to say they are very nice cosy reads that you can just dip in and out of.
I picked up four of these in a charity shop a while back, I haven't got around to any of them yet, my TBR pile is ever growing, but nice to know they are good reads. I will get around to at least one eventually.

Did you order anything?
Ahh, I also got The Warm Hands of Ghosts and City of Stardust! Waterstones have really stepped up the spredge game, these look beautiful.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.