Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've hit my reading goal for the year so December is going to be the month of FAT BOOKS that I am otherwise concerned will ruin my momentum.

Love Songs of WEB Du Bois
Priory of the Orange Tree
The Count of Monte Cristo

I might even try and trudge through my non-fiction book on the Romanovs.
That sounds interesting, what's the book on the Romanovs?

I’ve just finished the secrets of strangers and it was my first five star read in a while!
One of my favourite books ever!!

the audiobook was just phenomenal

I really rate charity Norman as a writer
---
Ooh I have this in my Kindle and was just wondering what to go for next! #influenced 😂 I’m current reading None Of This Is True by Lisa Jewell and absolutely racing through it. One of my favourites of the year (as long as the ending doesn’t let it down!)
this is another good read for me, again another one with a great audiobook, especially if you like nicola walker!
Let me know what you think of the ending.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ooh I have this in my Kindle and was just wondering what to go for next! #influenced 😂 I’m current reading None Of This Is True by Lisa Jewell and absolutely racing through it. One of my favourites of the year (as long as the ending doesn’t let it down!)
Secrets of Strangers is really good. I think I also gave it 5 stars and have since read more Charity Norman books, all of which I enjoyed.

Reactions: 7
I read this last week. Loved how I kept wanting to read it. It felt a little unrealistic, but what thriller doesn't. I didn't love the ending. It felt like the author just decided at the last minute how to end it. Still loved how fast paced the book was and how sucked into it I was even though none of the characters were likeable.

Also read Secrets of Strangers a while ago because of this thread. Read it all on a plane and flew through it. I'd never heard of the author, but picked up another one of her books secondhand after reading it.

I've hit my reading goal for the year so December is going to be the month of FAT BOOKS that I am otherwise concerned will ruin my momentum.

Love Songs of WEB Du Bois
Priory of the Orange Tree
The Count of Monte Cristo

I might even try and trudge through my non-fiction book on the Romanovs.
I’ve got a couple of books to finish then I’ve hit my new goal and was thinking of going for one of the chunky books on my pile too.. I also have love songs and count on my shortlist - along with the goldfinch and empire of the vampire!

Reactions: 2
For any JP Delaney fans, Playing Nice is being made into a TV mini series featuring James Norton… yessssss.

Hoping for good things. I read it in March 2021 and after reading the synopsis, can vaguely remember the storyline which can only be a good sign 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Finally read and every morning the way home gets longer and longer. I definitely need to read more from Fredrik Backman, I really love his characters and writing style. I never annotate/highlight books but there were so many sentences I loved that I felt like I should’ve.

I think I’ve mentioned here before but I work in an advanced dementia ward and it’s just so sad. Watching people lose/miss someone who’s right in front of them is heartbreaking, and the book encapsulates that feeling so well in such a short number of pages. It shows the confusion and fuzziness of the disease in such a tender way and I felt like my heart was breaking and bursting at the same time, so much love and loss it really was beautiful

‘if you forget me then you’ll just get the chance to get to know me again’ this really got me 😢
---
For any JP Delaney fans, Playing Nice is being made into a TV mini series featuring James Norton… yessssss.

Hoping for good things. I read it in March 2021 and after reading the synopsis, can vaguely remember the storyline which can only be a good sign 😅
I just finished this yesterday! I enjoyed it, looking forward to the series

• Heart
Reactions: 13
AS IF I made it here on the first page

I’m reading the new Naomi Alderman book and it feels very similar to the Power which I love so I know it’s going to be good and I kind of want to save it for Christmas when I can dedicate all my energy to reading :D
I loved The Power and have avoided the TV series because of that!

Finally triple points! This is free money people!
---
What are we all buying?
Sadly gifts for my children, the newest Isadora Moon and Mirabelle books. The Minalima version of the philosophers stone. A jellycat vegetable (tweens whod have them)

I have ordered the new copies of the Off Campus series by Elle Kennedy though for my new bookcase.

---
What are we all buying?
Mostly preorders! Katherine Arden just had a special edition announced yesterday which I think is gorgeous.

I've also decided to do a (short) literature course next year, so I'm taking the chance to buy the books for that!

Reactions: 4
Sadly gifts for my children, the newest Isadora Moon and Mirabelle books. The Minalima version of the philosophers stone. A jellycat vegetable (tweens whod have them)

I have ordered the new copies of the Off Campus series by Elle Kennedy though for my new bookcase.
I am practically keeping Jellycat in business at this point.

• Haha
---
What are we all buying?
Mostly pre-orders for me but now I’m at the point to checking out a couple of other books might fall in…
---

If you haven’t already ordered the Minalima Harry Potter - Bloomsbury have 30% on their website. I’m tempted to order it for myself!
---
I am practically keeping Jellycat in business at this point.
Enjoying the Jellycat love on the thread.
I’m an adult with no kids and a Jellycat Yule log and mince pie on my (home) desk for the foreseeable..

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Theyre so expensive though and for what?! I have obliged for the stocking though 🫠

Audible Black Friday 2.99 sale. Its fun going through and trying to determine if Ive bought them on kindle or not as they look super familiar.

I finished Before My Actual Heart Breaks last night. 5 star for me! Loved it even though it broke my heart in places 💔

I don’t know whether to start on festive reads or squeeze in another non-festive one first. This time it will be something on my brand new kindle though! So I’m excited for that. I was already part way through the physical book so made myself finish that first.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.