Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Dorothy Koomson. The sequel to The Ice Cream Girls came out last year, All My Lies are True. That's really good too
I didn’t know there was a sequel...
Thank you, I need to read that!

Reactions: 1
I've set my Kindle aside and picked up an actual book for the first time in over a year. I'm almost 50 pages in to The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson and am enjoying the story so far.
Aw i always have to have an actual book. I cant do reading on a kindle im old school!

Aw i always have to have an actual book. I cant do reading on a kindle im old school!
I think we've all said that 😁 I do love a book but I feel like it doesnt fit into my lifestyle for the ease of picking up and down. Im hoping once my kids are older I will go back to books. Its good you can pass them around and then receive books others have read. My work has a 'library' you can take books or donate. Theres always so many to choose from.

Reactions: 5
They made a Dorothy Koomson book into a tv show, I think it was The Ice Cream Girls. It was quite a few years ago now but thought I would mention it as it might still be out there somewhere and of interest x

Reactions: 3
Just finished Olive by Emma Gannon, really easy read. Very enjoyable.

I don't get the final chapter - felt a bit forced
the final chapter ruined the whole book!!!! Spout of left field and out of character for her it annoyed me!!! 😂

I've set my Kindle aside and picked up an actual book for the first time in over a year. I'm almost 50 pages in to The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson and am enjoying the story so far.
read this years ago, I generally like her stuff, some are better than others and Im finding with authors I always seem to think their older work is better 😂

Reactions: 3
I wish there was a way to share books on kindle 😂 I know it’ll never happen bcos they’d make absolutely no profit but it’s so annoying when my mum and I both want to read the same book and end up both buying it😂 if it was a hard copy we’d just share it! I LOVE my kindle but usually get a few “proper” books for birthdays/Christmas which I always look forward to

Reactions: 4
I wish there was a way to share books on kindle 😂 I know it’ll never happen bcos they’d make absolutely no profit but it’s so annoying when my mum and I both want to read the same book and end up both buying it😂 if it was a hard copy we’d just share it! I LOVE my kindle but usually get a few “proper” books for birthdays/Christmas which I always look forward to
You can! Me and my husband share books. I think we are able to do it as we share Prime but I think there are other ways too, I just googled this...
49F28710-EAC0-4B4D-AB0E-34A507B0C959.jpeg

get her to sign into your account on an app, like an iPad app?

You can have family sharing I think, if you manage your content and devices, me and my mum share books that way

My husband and I share a kindle library, I can’t remember how we did it but it was very easy x

Me and my partner share kindle books, he added me onto his Amazon Household and so we each have our own Amazon accounts but they are linked in terms of accessing each others kindle books etc. It's great because it also means we only pay for one Amazon Prime subscription! :)

Reactions: 2
I really like Dorothy Koomson. The sequel to The Ice Cream Girls came out last year, All My Lies are True. That's really good too
I've got the sequel downloaded since I heard it was released and heard really good reviews about The Ice Cream Girls. I like her books, my favourite to date is The Rose Petal Beach and my least favourite was Flavours of Love.

I didn’t know there was a sequel...
Thank you, I need to read that!
It only cane out last year I think 😊 I started it and then couldn't remember how The Ice Cream Girls ended so had to reread that first then start the sequel again haha

I've got the sequel downloaded since I heard it was released and heard really good reviews about The Ice Cream Girls. I like her books, my favourite to date is The Rose Petal Beach and my least favourite was Flavours of Love.
I agree. She's a fantastic author

I liked The woman he loved before by Dorothy Koomson. I think that was my favourite.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.