Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've finished Just My Luck by Adele Parks. It was excellent. I'd highly recommend it. Although it did have several typos!!!
I'm going to read Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones next. She wrote An American Marriage which was very good.

Reactions: 4
Just finished Last One at the Party and loved it! I finished work early today and I’ve pretty much sat reading the second half since about 3pm.

I loved that it mentioned the coronavirus pandemic but then focused on the next big pandemic, talking about the lessons learned around the world - such an interesting concept to take an actual real life event and then say ‘what happens next?’

I was really quite emotional at various points but the writing style keeps it light and pacy.

However, I need to know more about the ending! I feel like I invested so much in the character and her story and I don’t think it’s finished!! What happened?!??

I’ve just downloaded Followers by Megan Angelo as my next read - 99p on Kindle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Well since I started reading this thread I have really picked up the reading again! Was an avid reader for years then just kind of fell out with it (just couldn't concentrate enough to read a book). Crazy really as my job is based in a library so surrounded by books all day long (I dont really have much to do with the book side of things though).

Anyway I like crime/thrillers mostly but nothing too heavy. Yet to find anything that I find outstanding but enjoying what I am reading.

Mainly read on my kindle tablet though thinking of swapping to the kindle e reader type instead as they are a bit lighter I think.

Finished I am watching you by Teresa Driscoll last night, did quite enjoy it as not too many characters and found it quite easy reading.

Reactions: 4
I started Ruth Ware One by One last night. Got to page 129 in one sitting! So I I clearly enjoying it.

Makes a change as I have been in a bit of a slump tending to scroll through my phone instead of reading

Reactions: 2
Just bought for 99p Lightseekers by Femi Kayode it came up on my recommended books- a crime fiction that is set in Nigeria about a psychologist who goes to a remote town to investigate a triple murder. I will start it next. It looks good

Reactions: 1
Just bought for 99p Lightseekers by Femi Kayode it came up on my recommended books- a crime fiction that is set in Nigeria about a psychologist who goes to a remote town to investigate a triple murder. I will start it next. It looks good
Thanks for the recommendation, just bought it.

Oooooh, I love a book thread.

I've just finished The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah which was good but so bleak. I'm currently reading It's Always the Husband by Michele Campbell which is old but I saw it recommended somewhere and liked the title. It's OK so far.

I’m halfway through All The Lonely People by Mike Gayle. I’m enjoying it but not a favourite. I’ll probably forget about it pretty soon after finishing. I absolutely love the main character Hubert though🤩 something about old grandads, he’s so cute🤣🥰

I started Ruth Ware One by One last night. Got to page 129 in one sitting! So I I clearly enjoying it.

Makes a change as I have been in a bit of a slump tending to scroll through my phone instead of reading
I've just finished The Turn of they Key by Ruth Ware it was really good!

I’m halfway through All The Lonely People by Mike Gayle. I’m enjoying it but not a favourite. I’ll probably forget about it pretty soon after finishing. I absolutely love the main character Hubert though🤩 something about old grandads, he’s so cute🤣🥰
I saw so many rave reviews but I didn’t love it or hate it 🤷‍♀️ It was average.

I still haven’t started another book 😣 I need to find something, I’m just in a book bla rut, I know it’s my mood more than anything else, even choosing a book is too much 😂

I saw so many rave reviews but I didn’t love it or hate it 🤷‍♀️ It was average.

I still haven’t started another book 😣 I need to find something, I’m just in a book bla rut, I know it’s my mood more than anything else, even choosing a book is too much 😂
I’m feeling a bit like that. Enjoying it but wouldn’t recommend it and will easily forget it.

I get overwhelmed with too many choices when I need to pick a new book 🤣

I’m 60% through If I Can’t Have You by Charlotte Levin at the moment, really enjoying it. Lost the love for reading last year but this thread motivated me to try picking up a new book. Definitely going to read People Like Her next though to see what all the raving is about!

Just finished Last One at the Party and loved it! I finished work early today and I’ve pretty much sat reading the second half since about 3pm.

I loved that it mentioned the coronavirus pandemic but then focused on the next big pandemic, talking about the lessons learned around the world - such an interesting concept to take an actual real life event and then say ‘what happens next?’

I was really quite emotional at various points but the writing style keeps it light and pacy.

However, I need to know more about the ending! I feel like I invested so much in the character and her story and I don’t think it’s finished!! What happened?!??

I’ve just downloaded Followers by Megan Angelo as my next read - 99p on Kindle.
I'm so glad you loved it too!! I felt the same about the ending. The author is hoping to write a sequel so fingers crossed we get to find out more in the next book.

I’m 60% through If I Can’t Have You by Charlotte Levin at the moment, really enjoying it. Lost the love for reading last year but this thread motivated me to try picking up a new book. Definitely going to read People Like Her next though to see what all the raving is about!
I loved If i can't have you!

I'm so glad you loved it too!! I felt the same about the ending. The author is hoping to write a sequel so fingers crossed we get to find out more in the next book.
It’s weird because I don’t know if I need an actual sequel. Perhaps just a newspaper article at the end or something that gave an update on where the world was at, where were the survivors etc. And also where did the main character go? I think I would read a sequel if it was released but it does stand well on its own as a single novel.

Oooooh, I love a book thread.

I've just finished The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah which was good but so bleak. I'm currently reading It's Always the Husband by Michele Campbell which is old but I saw it recommended somewhere and liked the title. It's OK so far.
All her books are mega depressing i find !.

I remember a book I read ages ago - And still she wept by T.C Barnes. Really enjoyed it but it has been ages since I read it! Might go back and see if it is still as good as I remember (its probably not 😂).

Loving this thread as I've really got back into reading this year!

I recently finished The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley - enjoyed it but not quite as much as The Guest List.

About half way through Bring them Home the first of the Detective Karen Hart series following a recommendation here and loving it so far, can't wait to finish and read the others!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.