Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jane Casey is a crime writer I really enjoy. Her heroine is Maeve Kerrigan, who I really like. This a few books into a series though.

Exactly! This is one of my fave threads on here. No blocking or deleting here if we have different opinions eh! :ROFLMAO: 😘
it’s my favourite thread 🙈

Even though I have over 50 + unread books on my kindle, I just downloaded these 🤦‍♀️
Think I'll read The Push when I eventually finish my current book.
EXCELLENT selection!!! I’ve read a few 😌

Reactions: 2
OMG I took my kindle off aeroplane mode to download today's 8 books only to discover another 7 that I completely forgot about 🤣🤣 I'm delighted cause there's the latest in a series I'm enjoying and The Arrangement is also downloaded. I've started The Push, now real life needs to take a back seat for a few days 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
OMG I took my kindle off aeroplane mode to download today's 8 books only to discover another 7 that I completely forgot about 🤣🤣 I'm delighted cause there's the latest in a series I'm enjoying and The Arrangement is also downloaded. I've started The Push, now real life needs to take a back seat for a few days 🤣
I am jealous of you just starting The Push! I found it so gripping and I love it when I feel like that about a book ...can’t beat it ha ha!

Reactions: 3
I'm about 20% through The Push and am really enjoying it so far but also kind of confused trying to click what character and what time/year each chapter is about with the jumping back and forth 😳

Reactions: 2
I downloaded the wrong 'the push' so I have the Claire McGowan one to read. What a donut 🥲
I almost downloaded that one today and then read through the reviews so changed my mind. It may be good though so keep us posted please.

I'm still on Poirot, just finished The Mysterious Affair at Styles today and now about to start The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

I always do this, have a period of only reading one author for a few weeks. Its like comfort reading!

Reactions: 5
I downloaded the wrong 'the push' so I have the Claire McGowan one to read. What a donut 🥲
I almost downloaded that one today and then read through the reviews so changed my mind. It may be good though so keep us posted please.
Sorry to be a Debbie downer but it wasn’t the best, I read it a few weeks back 😂 I gave it 2/5 on goodreads!

Reactions: 1
Sorry to be a Debbie downer but it wasn’t the best, I read it a few weeks back 😂 I gave it 2/5 on goodreads!
I might not bother... just starting the Arrangement. Finished Daisy Jones and The Six. Not my usual read but pleasant all the same.

Reactions: 4
I'm still on Poirot, just finished The Mysterious Affair at Styles today and now about to start The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

I always do this, have a period of only reading one author for a few weeks. Its like comfort reading!
When I find a rich husband with a huge house and make my library I plan to have every Agatha Christie book in it. I've only read a few but I adore David Suchet as Poirot (I will also have four cats called Hercule, Hastings, Japan and Miss Lemon).

• Heart
I’ve hurt my back so badly I can’t hold a book and I’m bleeping fuming about it as I now need to read a different book on my kindle as I won’t pay full price 🤦🏽‍♀️😂

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I might not bother... just starting the Arrangement. Finished Daisy Jones and The Six. Not my usual read but pleasant all the same.
I loved Daisy Jones and the Six. If you think you'd read another by that author I can highly recommend The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

I do this too. Find the style of a writer I like so comforting I stay with them for weeks. The last one I stayed with was Elizabeth Jane Howard's Cazalet (sp???) series. So good.

Reactions: 3
I'm late to the game, but I started We Need to Talk about Kevin last night and wow! I didn't want to put it down

My “want to read” list on goodreads is an actual joke because of this thread 😂😂😂 I don’t think I’ll ever get through them all

Read about 20% of the Sanatorium and I’m very close to giving up. It reminds me of YA fiction. And to be honest that’s probably an insult to some of the amazing YA authors 😂. Can anyone confirm it gets better and encourage me to truck on please?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.