Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive read the other passenger , such a fun age and another book called less this week. All ok, the other passenger very slow but did get a bit better at the end.

I didn't expect to like this book as it was so hyped but I really loved it
Yea its brilliant

Reactions: 2
I had a feeling it would turn that way though. I think it is because I watched upload on Amazon Prime and they had these VR suits where you could feel evvvverrrrything 😂 I don't think it added anything beneficial to the storyline
Oh I loved Upload! Such a great concept for a show. I NEED a series 2!

Really enjoyed blood orange!

The Guest List.....hhhmmmm I enjoyed it at the time, if not quite predictable, but now I've reflected I dont think I did enjoy it that much.

Does anyone use the Goodreads app? I've set a challenge of 50 books for the year, I'm on number 17!

Reactions: 4
I use Good Reads. Set myself a target of 24 for the year and wasnt sure Id even manage half but am working my way through 14 and 15 at the moment :)

I have a target for 30 books this year but I'm already on my 12th! ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What questions do you have on Blood Orange? How did you like it?

I read it and wasn’t a fan, tbh.
I just feel like some things were unresolved about Carl. Like the Tuesday men’s meeting, and the suicidal patient he keeps running off to help, and he made it seem like he had something to do with Patrick’s death because he made a comment that alluded to being involved, and if Caroline’s police report was egged on by Carl then how do we explain Alicia’s? It felt like a completely different book in the last 30 pages!

The Guest List.....hhhmmmm I enjoyed it at the time, if not quite predictable, but now I've reflected I dont think I did enjoy it that much.

Does anyone use the Goodreads app? I've set a challenge of 50 books for the year, I'm on number 17!
Yes I have set myself the challenge of 52 books for the last 4 years....last year was the first year I achieved it! I’m also on book 17!

Reactions: 1
I am reading book 2 of 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami at the moment... book 1 took me a little while to get into and I was concerned because I hate not finishing books but I did eventually start to enjoy it! I am still early on in book 2 but I expect I will have a break in between this and book 3 with some lighter/shorter novels.

I've finished The Authenticity Project by Clare Pooley today. It was the perfect Easter weekend read. A little bit twee but very readable and I'd recommend it if you're after a light, uplifting type of read.
I'm reading Just My Luck by Adele Parks next.

Just My Luck by Adele Parks
this was good! I like Adele Parks!

reading both the guest list and the hunting party made me dislike both more than I would if I only read one, if that makes sense 😂 it’s painting by numbers writing, but I need/I’m trying to be to be less critical of what I read, I know I can be too hard on them at times 😂

Last edited:
I like Adele Parks too. I had one as a talking book in the car and I used to take the long way home so I could listen to it for longer :)

these were my last two books! Do you have any other recommendations? Yes I use Goodreads, only on book 13 😅

this was good! I like Adele Parks!

reading both the guest list and the hunting party made me dislike both more than I would if I only read one, if that makes sense 😂 it’s painting by numbers writing, but I need/I’m trying to be to be less critical of what I read, I know I can be too hard on them at times 😂
Agree about The Hunting Party and Guest List. Both books were those that you read to the end for the sake of it. Slightly preferred the Guest List of the two. Probably wouldn't read her next one tbh.

Lies, Lies, Lies by Adele Parks was very good.

Reactions: 4
Agree about The Hunting Party and Guest List. Both books were those that you read to the end for the sake of it. Slightly preferred the Guest List of the two. Probably wouldn't read her next one tbh.

Lies, Lies, Lies by Adele Parks was very good.
I can’t believe she’s had 20 books, some I’ve liked more than others but I don’t regret reading any of them!

the author I’m most disappointed with as time goes on is Sophie Kinsella.
I did love her shopaholic series, I even liked the Christmas one last year 😂 probably nostalgic reasons more than anything.
I liked the undomestic goddess enough to keep reading, 20st girl, they were easy reads, but her latest ones I just can’t get into and I don’t know if it’s just me, I also found her really early madeleine wickham books to be so different to what she eventually went on to write.
I worry lyndsey Kelk is following the same route for me 😫 the I Heart Series is one of my favourite series ever.

(actually what’s everyone’s favourite book series? The three that spring to mind for me without giving it much thought are the Emma Hearte/BTB books, the I heart series and strangely enough the Paige Toon Johnny Be Good series, but I’m sure there are more I just can’t think of right now.)

Lindsey Kelk is my favourite series with the I heart series. I still haven't read I Heart Hawaii cause I don't want it to end. I find it weird Angela having a baby. I have to agree with you @Oohthedrama I'm also not as excited about her other books. I've read them but don't have the same sort of spark.

I also loved the True blood book series by Charlaine Harris. I loved the TV series and loved the books even more. I would love to get into a long series with like 12 titles but not found any!

I still haven't read I Heart Hawaii cause I don't want it to end.
I’m so tempted to read Hawaii again because I finished it in one sitting, I’m a fast reader anyway so I think I was done in 5/6 hours 😭 I feel like as an author I’m now kind of closing a chapter with her, excuse the pun! because I just can’t get into any of her newer releases, I don’t like the characters enough to invest in a series about them either, I don’t get excited for them anymore.

thinking about it and my love for the Johnny be good series I clearly have a thing for rocker/sensitive “bad boys” 😂

have I said how much I love this thread lately 😂🤣 I feel like I need to say it every day 😂

have you read the woman of substance books? Very old series but it holds a place in my heart 😭

I’m so tempted to read Hawaii again because I finished it in one sitting, I’m a fast reader anyway so I think I was done in 5/6 hours 😭 I feel like as an author I’m now kind of closing a chapter with her, excuse the pun! because I just can’t get into any of her newer releases, I don’t like the characters enough to invest in a series about them either, I don’t get excited for them anymore.

thinking about it and my love for the Johnny be good series I clearly have a thing for rocker/sensitive “bad boys” 😂

have I said how much I love this thread lately 😂🤣 I feel like I need to say it every day 😂

have you read the woman of substance books? Very old series but it holds a place in my heart 😭
I might try to get into I heart Hawaii on my TBR one day. I'm moving onto the kindle books I've brought and not read yet now lol.
I love this thread too. It seems like a few of us have similar tastes. Everyone is respectful, polite and kind. We all give honest opinions without others getting mad. I have joined a few FB groups to discuss books but they always seem to be very fast paced and a bit wild.

• Heart

Just had a look at the Johnny Be Good series and think I might have to give it a read. Sound like my kind of books😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.