Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yea I’m getting that vibe, it’s interesting but it’s not really making me desperate to read on. I think every book should make a reader excited to finish it regardless of the genre - the reader needs a reason to read on and this just isn’t giving me enough of a reason.
I know what you mean. I did get invested in Helen, Julia and Claire as characters though and wanted to see how things panned out for them.

Reactions: 1
You’re not really selling the Aftermath to me 😂
I think I just felt it was going to be more suspenseful than it’s turning out to be. It’s still readable but I think I expected more of an exciting thriller type of book.

Found this line in a review on Amazon and it’s fits very well...
“It’s an ok read. Not going to blow your socks off and not going to tax the brain. Worth a look.”

Just finished Get a Life, Chloe Brown. I enjoyed it. A very easy read with not much going on but I like that from time to time. I’ll read the other 2 books in the series if I feel like I fancy an easy read.

Next it “to all the lonely people” by Mike Gayle. Downloaded it so long ago I have no idea what it’s about 😂

Has anyone read the man who didn’t call
Yes and I still cringe even thinking about it. Couldn't believe the fact that a grown woman was acting like a love struck teenager. I guessed the twist so that didn't help.

Reactions: 2
Is it that bad 🤣🤣
LOL 😂 Sorry but I just couldn't see past her behaviour, even though there is a decent story. She reminded me of myself at 19 and I wanted to shake her as much as I want to go back and shake my 19 year old self 🤣

Oo excited to hear how you find it, the reviews are positive. I really enjoyed most of her previous books.
I'm really enjoying it, the only other book I’ve read from her has been ‘if I never met you’ so I wasn’t sure if I liked her as an author.
i did really like the whispers as well so if anyone is looking for a filler read at 99p I’d recommend!

Yes and I still cringe even thinking about it. Couldn't believe the fact that a grown woman was acting like a love struck teenager. I guessed the twist so that didn't help.
I didn’t like it at all 😬 thought it was just me, I got frustrated read it 😂

Some of the best books I've ever read
1. The Last Jews of Kerala by Edna Fernandes (nonfiction)
2. A Moveable East by Siddharth Dasgupta (poetry)
3. The Tea Planter's Wife by Dinah Jeffries (fiction)
4. Funny Boy by Shyam Selvadurai (fiction)
5. Cinnamon Gardens by Shyam Selvadurai (fiction)
6. All the Bridgerton books by Julia Quinn (fiction)
7. The Ibis Trilogy by Amitav Ghosh (fiction)
8. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (fiction)
9. Train to Pakistan by Khushwant Singh (fiction)
10. Coraline by Neil Gaiman (fiction- graphic novel)

Reactions: 3
I have finished Skin. I agree with the previous poster, 3.5 out of 5. I’m glad I read it, it was eerily reminiscent of COVID-19!

I have finished Skin. I agree with the previous poster, 3.5 out of 5. I’m glad I read it, it was eerily reminiscent of COVID-19!
I reckon if we weren’t in the midst of a global pandemic, I would have scored it lower than I did (I think I felt generous and said 4.5, but it could easily have been anywhere from 3.5 upwards on reflection). I think it just hit at a level that without this last years experience, I would have had difficulty processing and understanding.

Did anyone else find the VR party scene just totally out of place and weird?!

I reckon if we weren’t in the midst of a global pandemic, I would have scored it lower than I did (I think I felt generous and said 4.5, but it could easily have been anywhere from 3.5 upwards on reflection). I think it just hit at a level that without this last years experience, I would have had difficulty processing and understanding.

Oh god yes!

I just finished Blood Orange and I still have so many questions. Just starting The Holiday now!

I'm really enjoying it, the only other book I’ve read from her has been ‘if I never met you’ so I wasn’t sure if I liked her as an author.
i did really like the whispers as well so if anyone is looking for a filler read at 99p I’d recommend!
I wasn't a massive fan of If I Never Met You either. You Had Me At Hello was my favourite from her.

I just downloaded her new one going to start it tonight :giggle:

I wasn't a massive fan of If I Never Met You either
it had such promise and I really enjoyed it until about 3/4 way through, and then I felt like it completely lost its way, her character especially.
I worry this will be the same so I’m reserving judgement until I’m further in but so far I’m enjoying it, it’s not as light as I expected that’s for sure! I thought it would be generic chick lit, it’s not. Oh I’m glad some of her other books are good, I hate not “knowing“ an author when I’m starting a book 🙈😂
but I want something chick lit, I think I’m gonna go with lucy diamonds new one next as I’ve been looking at it for a while now 😆 I need easy reading for a bit now 😂

Currently 62% through cilka’s journey and I think I prefer it to the tattooist. Definitely going to have to take a break and read some easy fiction after this though 😂

Reactions: 3

I had a feeling it would turn that way though. I think it is because I watched upload on Amazon Prime and they had these VR suits where you could feel evvvverrrrything 😂 I don't think it added anything beneficial to the storyline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.