Books #17 Reading Chats!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just started The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, enjoying it very much. I would have continued to read it last night but my cat hates having the light on (i know, she’s spoilt 😂) so I grabbed the kindle and started reading Daisy Darker. Stayed up far too late reading it but it’s fantastic so far!
This has proper tickled me 😂 😂 😂 I thought my cat was a diva but this might beat her! Love to see a cat spoilt as they deserve 🐈

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh yea I definitely struggle with my mental health - been a lifelong battle. I don’t think I’ve dipped far enough for me to think anything major is going on but just in a proper funk. Probably a good place to try and change things up a bit, like get outside and eat a bit better to see if that all perks me up and gets me back on track. I also think I need to delete TikTok - it’s the only social media I’m on and I’ve fallen too far into its grip this last few weeks.
Yup. Defo delete. Social media destroys our attention span and makes us crave the instant dopamine hit rather than the slower releasing and stabilising enjoyment from healthier pursuits! Fresh air and sunshine are transformative ☀ it’s been a long grim winter here. Hopefully we will all benefit from longer sunnier days and brilliant books. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh yea I definitely struggle with my mental health - been a lifelong battle. I don’t think I’ve dipped far enough for me to think anything major is going on but just in a proper funk. Probably a good place to try and change things up a bit, like get outside and eat a bit better to see if that all perks me up and gets me back on track. I also think I need to delete TikTok - it’s the only social media I’m on and I’ve fallen too far into its grip this last few weeks.
Aww I'm sorry I can really relate ❤ sending good vibes your way. ✨ Getting outside is a good idea, it always helps me but is tough to even motivate to do that sometimes! When I'm in a funk I choose easy going books or ones I've read before and loved, makes it a bit more manageable than something intense/that you're unsure if you'll enjoy.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Aww I'm sorry I can really relate ❤ sending good vibes your way. ✨ Getting outside is a good idea, it always helps me but is tough to even motivate to do that sometimes! When I'm in a funk I choose easy going books or ones I've read before and loved, makes it a bit more manageable than something intense/that you're unsure if you'll enjoy.
I think I’ve been subconsciously reaching for comfort and doing some rereads recently. I need to figure out what my next one may be - have done Harry Potter, The Hunger Games recently annd Eleanor Oliphant recently. Need to work out what my next one will be.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This has proper tickled me 😂 😂 😂 I thought my cat was a diva but this might beat her! Love to see a cat spoilt as they deserve 🐈
I get paws and tail to the face until I turn the light off, then she’ll settle down on her cushion/throne all smug like she knows she owns me 😂😂

I actually read a little on the train home today, never usually as it makes me a little queasy but I just had to keep reading Daisy Darker!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I started Just Got Real by Jane Fallon. Saw someone mention it here and noticed I had it in my kindle library. It is proving to be a good choice, engaging and easy a read.

Much needed. Especially after reading Unsettled Ground over the weekend. A really beautifully written book but just a little darker than my current mood should meet!
I finished Just Got Real in April. I liked it, a quick feel good book.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I finished Just Got Real in April. I liked it, a quick feel good book.
Oh maybe you’re the one that inspired me then!
Just got halfway through and maybe I’m a dope but didn’t see that coming! tit just got interesting

Oh maybe you’re the one that inspired me then!
Just got halfway through and maybe I’m a dope but didn’t see that coming! tit just got interesting
I don't know how to do spoilers and knowing my luck, I'll try and give it away so all I'll say is it's not the story you line you expect is it? I think that's why I enjoyed it.

I don't know how to do spoilers and knowing my luck, I'll try and give it away so all I'll say is it's not the story you line you expect is it? I think that's why I enjoyed it.
Oh it’s very easy once you know how! Just select from the “…” drop-down here, hit the spoiler button, and then put the spoiler bit in between
IMG_8212.jpeg
IMG_8213.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I read Just Got Real at the beginning of the year, it’s a lovely little fluffy read especially after something heavy! Also used it for my J in the A-Z challenge!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I just finished Breakaway (Beyond the play #2) by Grace Riley (after finishing First Down - Beyond the play #1) and omg I have no idea what made me pick these books up (maybe trying to get out of my reading funk and switch up from thrillers) but jeez they’re spicy 😂 book 1 is a football based romance, 2 is ice hockey and 3 is baseball. They don’t need to be read in order but I am not going to read number 3. Gave them both 3 stars, quick and easy (lol) but some of it just made me roll my eyes.

Finished Ask Again Yes earlier. Definitely one of my favourites so far this year. I was really invested in the characters and have a bit of a book hangover now!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Tonight I went to Foyles and Waterstones. Caressed all the books I want and left empty handed 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Finished Ask Again Yes earlier. Definitely one of my favourites so far this year. I was really invested in the characters and have a bit of a book hangover now!
One of my favourites of recent years too. ❤ the walking people is another lovely one of hers, not quite as good I didn’t think but that only means 4* rather than 5!

One of my favourites of recent years too. ❤ the walking people is another lovely one of hers, not quite as good I didn’t think but that only means 4* rather than 5!
Agree with this! So so excited for her next out later this year. :love:

Has anyone read Fever by her? It sounds interesting but very different to Ask Again Yes and The Walking People. Just seen that it is going to be a TV series starring Elisabeth Moss.

Amazon product

• Wow
Agree with this! So so excited for her next out later this year. :love:

Has anyone read Fever by her? It sounds interesting but very different to Ask Again Yes and The Walking People. Just seen that it is going to be a TV series starring Elisabeth Moss.

Amazon product
Oh no! I reserved it on borrow box but then when it was available I wasn’t in the mood. I need someone else to read it for me and tell me what to do!

Tonight I went to Foyles and Waterstones. Caressed all the books I want and left empty handed 🤣
The amount of times I walk into a bookshop just to look at how pretty they all are on the shelves 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The amount of times I walk into a bookshop just to look at how pretty they all are on the shelves 😍
I did pick up Haunted House and Weird f**Ks as I love the covers but remember my bookshelves are in my spare room so I wasn't paying £21 for books (no stamps either as not Waterstones) that I can't even see so put them back.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This book really crept up on me. I didn't think I was really into the family drama type of reads before, started it and was a bit nonplussed and was so in to it by the end, I'd have happily just kept reading on and on.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.