Books #14 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm gonna read Malibu rising and Carrie Soto soon just to see if I like it😁 wasn't a fan of one true loves in the end. Evelyn Hugo for me is the best of hers so far but I wonder if it's because that's the first one I read.
I think all of TJR's books are really fun. Defo worth reading!

Reactions: 4
But Malibu has absolutely no story line 🤣😂 I tried so hard to find one and realised there just wasn’t any.

I love that we all have different opinions on some books but totally agree on others.

to be fair all books are great… except for bloody Coco Hoover

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm gonna read Malibu rising and Carrie Soto soon just to see if I like it😁 wasn't a fan of one true loves in the end. Evelyn Hugo for me is the best of hers so far but I wonder if it's because that's the first one I read.
I wouldn't waste your brain cells. You will never recover them.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I finished Maybe In Another Life by TJR yesterday and enjoyed it.

Was a nice easy read. Breezed through it, nothing overly bad happened. I loved Daisy Jones aswell. I havent read any of her others though

I think TJR is a chewing gum author,
It’s enjoyable when you’re bored and just want to chew something,
but you’re not gonna get any nutritional value from it and it might make you 💩 if you read too many in one go.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

I love you.
The end

this reply had more depth than the tedious mess that was Malibu Rising. 🫤
See also Soto, I want a full refund for time wasted.

Okay but then you said you liked one true loves and I thought it wasn't great so I want to test if I like the opposite of what you like 🤣

I'm reading The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah just now and enjoying it so far.

• Haha
Okay but then you said you liked one true loves and I thought it wasn't great so I want to test if I like the opposite of what you like 🤣

I had the bar set low after Hugo and Malibu but I do think OTL and FI are some of her better books.
Then I listened to Soto and……. I feel like Reid and Hoover could be friends. 🫠

I had the bar set low after Hugo and Malibu but I do think OTL and FI are some of her better books.
Then I listened to Soto and……. I feel like Reid and Hoover could be friends. 🫠
I don't think I've read any Hoover books yet so I guess I'm in for a treat 🤣

I gave Evelyn Hugo 4 stars which is rare for me.

Reactions: 2
I don't think I've read any Hoover books yet so I guess I'm in for a treat 🤣

I gave Evelyn Hugo 4 stars which is rare for me.
I have a Chinese takeaway menu from 2020 that has more depth than a Hoover book.

we can all agree on one thing!
Love hate or indifferent, books are great!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh I love it when things get fiery in here! Because I still never have to worry about any passive aggressive bitching. Folk say it as they see it and allow others do the same.

I have no skin in this game. I’ve not read any Hoover and the only TJR I read was her free short story on kindle unlimited - Evidence of the Affair - which I thought was a handy little palate cleanser after the trauma that was Betty. But I’ve yet to be motivated to read any of the novels.

I love me a strong opinion though ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I tried to read Daisy Jones last year with a friend, but while my friend finished the book and quite liked it, I didn't finish it. I couldn't "connect" with this book if that makes sense?!

Reactions: 7
Oh I love it when things get fiery in here! Because I still never have to worry about any passive aggressive bitching. Folk say it as they see it and allow others do the same.

I have no skin in this game. I’ve not read any Hoover and the only TJR I read was her free short story on kindle unlimited - Evidence of the Affair - which I thought was a handy little palate cleanser after the trauma that was Betty. But I’ve yet to be motivated to read any of the novels.

I love me a strong opinion though ❤
Ooh I forgot about Evidence of The Affair. I thought it was a great novella!

This is one of my favourite books ❤

• Heart
I was in Asda today and they really had a good selection on the 2 for £8 deal. Im not mad keen on physical books so I didnt buy anything but they did have a great display.

Also saw on facebook someone saying Aldi had a stand alone display of some romance books £2.99 each.

I'm trying to resist my most recent buys and am tackling the oldest books on my Kindle. Just finished Hothouse Flower by Lucinda Riley and enjoyed it but one particular part in the book stopped the storyline from flowing well and spoilt it for me.

Stumbled upon this thread last night. Been out of the reading game for over a year due to physical illness and mental stress meaning I simply haven’t had the capacity to concentrate on reading. Ironically the brain escape I get from reading has probably been the most needed and also the most missed over this time. Anyway. I also haven’t been out and about into shops so hadn’t heard of the housemaid until seeing the recommendations here last night. I downloaded it this evening around 6pm on to my kindle and within 4 hours I’ve finished it and am searching for my next read.
Those who love reading but have lost it for periods of time due to other life events will know how grateful I am right now for this thread. Almost 4 hours of escape in to a book that was easy to read but equally full of enough twists to feel ‘different’ to my usual preferred thrillers. Thank you tattlers ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I was in Asda today and they really had a good selection on the 2 for £8 deal. Im not mad keen on physical books so I didnt buy anything but they did have a great display.

Also saw on facebook someone saying Aldi had a stand alone display of some romance books £2.99 each.
I take photos of the pretty displays and then search for the books online 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Guys I’ve finished The Secrets of Strangers and I don’t know how long it’s going to stick with me. I’m honestly not sure I’ve ever cried at a book but I’m welling up! I was trying to type some of my thoughts in a spoiler but I’m struggling to articulate how it’s made me feel!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.