Books #14 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy New Year Book Friends 📖

Previous Thread:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi everyone, happy Friday!

Has anyone read The Underground Railroad? I’m just about to start (I’m not doing my ABC challenge in order 😂)

Reactions: 3

Has anyone read The Underground Railroad? I’m just about to start (I’m not doing my ABC challenge in order 😂)
Sorry not read it. Me too, I’m not doing the A-Z challenge in any kind of order, except random 😂

Reactions: 2
I finished ACOWAR over the Christmas period and decided I needed a “palette cleanser” so picked up Virginia Woolfs The Waves. It’s so beautiful but it’s such hard work!

Reactions: 4
Sorry not read it. Me too, I’m not doing the A-Z challenge in any kind of order, except random 😂
I'm not doing it in any order either as I don't think I have that discipline and would be too tempted to change based on mood!

Also I can't believe someone said (cant remember who!) that they have nearly finished their A-Z; getting back to work post-Christmas has slowed me right down!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

I read it a couple of years ago. It’s a really good book and obviously thought provoking given the subject matter. Not sure a book that is so hyped could ever totally live up to expectations so maybe bear that in mind! There’s one major plot point that needs you to suspend your disbelief a bit
The Underground Railroad being an actual railroad and not a network of safe houses took me a few chapters to get me head round!
but definitely a worthwhile read.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have been slogging through To Paradise all year (I have other books on the go simultaneously thankfully). I am on to book 3 and it is finally so much better but I can't wait for it to end.

I'm not doing it in any order either as I don't think I have that discipline and would be too tempted to change based on mood!

Also I can't believe someone said (cant remember who!) that they have nearly finished their A-Z; getting back to work post-Christmas has slowed me right down!
WoW … after any book I need a day or two to digest it and if the book has touched me deeply I sometimes need to wait a week or so before I kick up another. I guess it’s like binge TV watching, which I can’t do neither.

I've read it - I thought it was good, not amazing, but worth reading.

It's me who has nearly finished the A-Z 😅 I've done absolutely nothing this month but sit in and read.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
With a new year and a new thread comes new books that we definitely don't need but we want so we will buy them. Cheers to that

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
With a new year and a new thread comes new books that we definitely don't need but we want so we will buy them. Cheers to that
I'm sat at work, on my own, everyone else finished, I'm just waiting for a wagon. So i'm passing the time scrolling Amazon adding books to my wishlist.

This was not my plan for 2023. It was a reading year, not a buying year. My wishlist is gonna kill me at this rate. Just gets bigger and bigger. 😩😩

Reactions: 8
Has anyone read the midnight library? I just finished it and loved it! Interested to see what anyone else thought as I’ve heard mixed reviews

Reactions: 6
I'm sat at work, on my own, everyone else finished, I'm just waiting for a wagon. So i'm passing the time scrolling Amazon adding books to my wishlist.

This was not my plan for 2023. It was a reading year, not a buying year. My wishlist is gonna kill me at this rate. Just gets bigger and bigger. 😩😩
Because I'm reading more i'm justifying buying more. However, I'm definitely accumulating books faster than I'm reading them. I just love books 🤣. There are worse habits!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've read it - I thought it was good, not amazing, but worth reading.

It's me who has nearly finished the A-Z 😅 I've done absolutely nothing this month but sit in and read.
I'm sure you did on the other thread but would you mind sharing your A-Z again, please.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.