Books #14 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unnatural causes was one of the very first audio books I listened to. At times his attitude bothered me somewhat but it was a v interesting book.

He did Princess Dianas post mortem.

Reactions: 1
It’s been a while since I’ve been on tattle and was in a huge reading slump since August then read 7 books in January 😂 this is my current tbr both physical and kindle - please help me choose 😫😂
43382CC0-CB27-4276-966B-5B90246360C9.png
CDEC0C55-FFCE-40E5-8572-03DFC44A4803.png

Reactions: 4
It’s been a while since I’ve been on tattle and was in a huge reading slump since August then read 7 books in January 😂 this is my current tbr both physical and kindle - please help me choose 😫😂
I've got Maybe In Another Life out for delivery atm! Looking forward to reading it.

The Good Girls Guide to Murder series is a good one for a reading slump I think! Quite quick to get through.

I haven't read any of the others

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've got Maybe In Another Life out for delivery atm! Looking forward to reading it.

The Good Girls Guide to Murder series is a good one for a reading slump I think! Quite quick to get through.

I haven't read any of the others
Thank you! It was between that and the rest of the Dirty Air series but heard Collided isn't that good so keep putting it off lol

Don't know if I mentioned it before on this thread, but I found an old library book I'd kept since early childhood. I think the date stamp said 1997 or 1999. Anyway, I Googled the library and it doesn't exist anymore so... 😬 🤷‍♀️

ETA: Kind of paranoid about admitting this on a public forum in case the Library Police put me in prison for bookcrime.
Nah, librarians just care about getting the book back. If it's part of a local authority or council network of libraries then feel free to hand it in. If not then don't worry about it 😉

Signed, former library assistant.
---

Currently stuck in the car whilst my youngest naps. Realise I've locked my handbag in the boot with no access to my Kindle 😖 Gutted.

Reactions: 2
It’s been a while since I’ve been on tattle and was in a huge reading slump since August then read 7 books in January 😂 this is my current tbr both physical and kindle - please help me choose 😫😂View attachment 1939705View attachment 1939706
I loved Daisy Jones & The Six and A Good Girls Guide to Murder! Both quick reads for me too
---

I finished The Appeal and loved it. Got so many books I want to read I don’t even know what to start next 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m about halfway through this and really enjoying it. I haven’t had much time to read too much in one go over the weekend so hoping to get through a big chunk, if not the rest of it today.
Finished it 🥳 really enjoyed it and gave it 5 stars.

Going to start Mother by Hannah Begbie next. Once I’ve got through these library loans I think I’m going to buy Betty, going by the opinions so far on the book club thread.

Thank you for all your suggestions guys :giggle: I have so many books I didn't know where to begin so thought I would list them and go from there 😂
---

I can vouch for Fairytale. Very immersive from the beginning. Super weird and fun.
My husband got it for me Christmas! Said he liked the cover so thought I would too bless him :giggle:

Reactions: 1
TJR needs to find every copy of Malibu Rising available and burn them all.
Wipe it from her catalog and pretend it never existed.

I know I said it before but I did enjoy one true love, forever and another life.
The rest (just my opinion) are written for the TikTok generation.
Finding it hard to get into Carrie Soto

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

I know I said it before but I did enjoy one true love, forever and another life.
The rest (just my opinion) are written for the TikTok generation.
Finding it hard to get into Carrie Soto
I'm gonna read Malibu rising and Carrie Soto soon just to see if I like it😁 wasn't a fan of one true loves in the end. Evelyn Hugo for me is the best of hers so far but I wonder if it's because that's the first one I read.

Reactions: 3
I'm gonna read Malibu rising and Carrie Soto soon just to see if I like it😁 wasn't a fan of one true loves in the end. Evelyn Hugo for me is the best of hers so far but I wonder if it's because that's the first one I read.
I really disliked that one 😂

• Haha
I am almost finished Evelyn Hugo and I have absolutely adored it. I have just added a lot of TJR's books to my wish list, however after reading the comments here I might take out Malibu Rising!

Reactions: 10
@Oohthedrama, you really shouldn’t hold back like that, just tell us what you think! 😂

Personally I loved Malibu Rising! I raced through it but I am a fan of most of TJR’s stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I am almost finished Evelyn Hugo and I have absolutely adored it. I have just added a lot of TJR's books to my wish list, however after reading the comments here I might take out Malibu Rising!
I really liked malibu rising!

Reactions: 7
Malibu rising is good, if you liked evelyn you’d probably like Malibu, even if its just for the mick cross over lol. I’d avoid Carrie sotto though 🥱 borefest.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve not read any TJR yet but they are on my list that I’m never going to get through 😆

• Haha
Hello, total newbie to the thread here but said this was my moment to jump in!

Loved Malibu Rising, Evelyn Hugo and Carrie Soto.. but really struggled with Daisy Jones. It was nearly a DNF for me and once I did finish I felt like I had wasted my time. I’d say I’m in the minority, it’s just interesting what people gravitate towards even from the same author.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.