Books #14 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh. By the by, Goodreads is great for capturing all the highlights from kindle reads if you sync both accounts!
but that doesn't work for German kindle users, sadly.
I recently deleted my Goodreads account. not because of this kindle thing, but because I wasn't active there anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I have just finished Last Breath by Robert Bryndza and I have to say I really enjoyed it as it kept me gripped throughout which made me want to read on to find out what was going to happen next. Although, you are introduced to the killer when the investigation starts it allows you to imagine what the killer looks like as you can paint a very clear picture of them behind the scenes when they are committing these murders and when they are not committing them and the book also shows off many external factors which may have turned the person into a murderer. Overall for those people who love reading thrillers and wants a good mystery/suspense book then I would recommend this as the plot line is very believable and is very gripping which will have you on the edge of your seat.

Reactions: 6
I've been using StoryGraph (and Goodreads) recently to track my reading and I loveeee the graphs on StoryGraph, its so visual!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm reading The Morville Hours by Katherine Swift - a non-fiction about making a garden and recalling the monastic past of the old house. The prose is so lovely that I'm savouring it and reading slowly.

Also just started The Middle Daughter by Chika Unigwe via NetGalley and I really love it so far. I seem to like most Nigerian fiction.

Reactions: 8
I've been using StoryGraph (and Goodreads) recently to track my reading and I loveeee the graphs on StoryGraph, its so visual!
I started using StoryGraph and loved it but hated that it didn’t sync to the Kindle app automatically like Goodreads does.

Reactions: 4
I started using StoryGraph and loved it but hated that it didn’t sync to the Kindle app automatically like Goodreads does.
I can’t sync my goodreads because I use a shared family Amazon which is linked to someone else’s goodreads so this issue didn’t impact me as much!

Anyone who read the housemaid and disliked it? Or am I on my own? 😂
this is why I’ve kept quite 😂

finished the cuckoo sister, mixed feelings about parts of it and really disliked the characters but overall a really good read. I enjoyed it more than i thought.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I tried to use this and couldn't adapt at all How long have you been using it and did you find it easy?

Reactions: 1
I tried to use this and couldn't adapt at all How long have you been using it and did you find it easy?
I’ve been using it since early January. I definitely prefer Goodreads for usability and my friends are all on there so I use both still, but I really like seeing the graphs and stuff. The app is much better than the website which I didn’t like, it could be vastly improved but if you can overcome it being completely different then it’s ok.
It’s not as easy to see people’s reviews / ratings which is a bit annoying but I just use goodreads.

Two questions.

what book have you reread the most?

do you have a quote from a book that’s stayed with you or that you’ve written somewhere?
Book I’ve re-read the most - Good Omens. Series I’ve re-read a few times - Rebus by Ian Rankin.

″‘DON’T THINK OF IT AS DYING,’ said Death, ‘JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH.‘”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve been using it since early January. I definitely prefer Goodreads for usability and my friends are all on there so I use both still, but I really like seeing the graphs and stuff. The app is much better than the website which I didn’t like, it could be vastly improved but if you can overcome it being completely different then it’s ok.
It’s not as easy to see people’s reviews / ratings which is a bit annoying but I just use goodreads.
I use Storygraph too and also love the graphs :giggle: I've had it since last Jan maybe a bit before and it's improved so much since I first got it as they seem to be constantly adding new features which I guess as they don't have the money Goodreads/Amazon do makes sense it'll take time. I follow them on Insta too and their founder often does IG story videos/interviews etc and it's nice seeing the person behind it. I sound like such a fan girl 😂

I’m 165 pages in The Paper Palace, enjoying it so far 🙂 who else has read and if you’re a fan or not?

I’m 165 pages in The Paper Palace, enjoying it so far 🙂 who else has read and if you’re a fan or not?
It was our July pick for the Tattle Book Club.

I did enjoy it. I wont spoil it right now. There were some aspects of it I feel could have been better executed however it was good.

I can totally see it being turned into a tv show like the other Reece book club picks like Big Little Lies.

I use Storygraph too and also love the graphs :giggle: I've had it since last Jan maybe a bit before and it's improved so much since I first got it as they seem to be constantly adding new features which I guess as they don't have the money Goodreads/Amazon do makes sense it'll take time. I follow them on Insta too and their founder often does IG story videos/interviews etc and it's nice seeing the person behind it. I sound like such a fan girl 😂
I'm with you on all this. I've not used Goodreads so can't compare but Storygraph is responsibile for making me read consistently over the last 2 years as I love seeing the graphs change and my end of year wrap up.
---

Currently reading I'm Glad My Mom Died. Really excellent so far, I'm almost finished. The only thing I regret is not listening to the audiobook instead as I read an imterview with Jenette and she said her mother's cadence was so important to capture the way she said things.
I'm listening to this on Audible. I started today and am just over 50% in.

I prefer audiobooks if it's an authors own story and read by them too.

Does anyone have any non-fiction audiobooks to recommend, preferably something about psychology, science/biology, or history? And with chapters that are not too long 🤣

Does anyone have any non-fiction audiobooks to recommend, preferably something about psychology, science/biology, or history? And with chapters that are not too long 🤣
I listened to 'Sedated - how modern capitalism created our mental health crisis' last month. It was an interesting listen.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.