Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know how but some people get a refund on books they delete quickly after buying. Maybe this will work for you
I may have taken advantage of this in the past and found that it works sometimes and not others with no rhyme or reason behind it! I do have to finish this but will defo be seeking a refund then which seems almost like stealing. Or eating out, clearing my plate, and then complaining after that it wasn’t good and I didn’t enjoy it 😂.

Reactions: 2
i am hugely enjoying them! have only read the first two so far but have the third and fifth ready to go - they’re great escapist reads.
I prefer the second to the first but the second is so chunky! I managed to get all 5 on vinted for £20 plus postage a while back but have only just got back into them. I find I always prefer to put the TV on these days rather than sit and read which makes me sad :(

Reactions: 1
At the risk of repeating myself, how very dare they have so many kindle unlimited books in the daily deal! 😡

Reactions: 4
At the risk of repeating myself, how very dare they have so many kindle unlimited books in the daily deal! 😡
I noticed this for the BF deals! I don't have KU at the moment so it was good for me, but I totally get why people would be annoyed!

Reactions: 3
I finished An Island Christmas by Jenny Colgan today. Nothing special but a good comfort read.

These Waterstones deals ruin me. What are you ordering?
I haven't ordered yet but I'll definitely get some gifts- Babel and Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow for my partner. Not sure what to get for myself yet 🤭

Anyone else get any?

I havent bought anything from Waterstones. I am so bad at reading physical books. I have asked for Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow for Christmas though.

I have just under 20% left of Every Summer After and I feel like Im going to have a book hangover after it. I have really loved it. Its like the adult version of The Summer I Turned Pretty. Definitely more angsty. I want to finish it but part of me doesnt. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have just under 20% left of Every Summer After and I feel like Im going to have a book hangover after it. I have really loved it. Its like the adult version of The Summer I Turned Pretty. Definitely more angsty. I want to finish it but part of me doesnt. 😭
I feel the exact same! ❤ it's been one of my favourites this year. I raced through it and was so sad for it to be over.

Enabler alert - it's still 99p if anyone else wanted to read it!

I just read about 25% of Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren which is SO similar but no where near as good. The characters just don't feel as real or complex and some of the dialogue is so cringey. It has crazily good reviews though so maybe it's just me/comparing it to Every Summer After. I gave up and returned it for a refund.

Reactions: 7
I bought Ever Summer After at 99p after seeing people mention it was great here, thank you enabling tattlers :LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I have just under 20% left of Every Summer After and I feel like Im going to have a book hangover after it. I have really loved it… I want to finish it but part of me doesnt. 😭
i didn’t even read the synopsis but saw it was on sale and bought it purely on the strength of this 😃

• Heart
add me to the list of people who just bought every summer after 🤣 thank you tattle!

i have a long plane journey in early feb so also happy to accept recommendations of any great and light romances for a 10 hour plane ride (and poolside) - thanks 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wish bought Every Summer After just based on this thread. I will read it after I finish my current book.

I am reading The First Day of Spring based on @Libbylulu comments earlier in the thread, I am absolutely blitzing my way through it, it is gripping and unnerving.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh Gosh. I hope you all like it 🙈

Its a light book but the storyline can be heavy at times without being emotionally draining if that even makes sense.

Ive jumped right into 'One Thousand Boy Kisses'

Ive got about 30 minutes left of 'Soldier Spy' on Audible. Im not sure why I even read/listen to these books. I always think theyre embellished somewhat. However its another one on the list for 2022 I guess. Im not sure what to listen to on Audible next. Ive got quite a few to choose from.

Attachments

Omg folks I am going to cheekily suggest that for this occasion Every Summer After should bypass the voting and be our next book club read!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.