Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
.. and probably more 99p deals and lying to ourselves about not buying any more books 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm already purusing the Works website, I have Covid and feeling rancid so it's feet up and looking at books I don't need!

Reactions: 9
Always thankful for this thread. I’ve read some great reads that have been recommended here

Reactions: 9
10 Minutes 38 Seconds in this Strange World by Elif Shafak is 99p on Kindle today.

Reactions: 3
I finished book lovers last night.

Made a change from my usual psychological/domestic thrillers thrillers.

Also liked that it didn't follow the same format as most rom com / chick lit books.

Reactions: 8
I need to start something new because the books Im reading are not engaging me.

I bought Every Summer After by Carly Fortune this morning. It was 99p and been on my list for a while.

Reactions: 5
I’ve started a history of wild places.

it has me really intrigued atm. Has anyone else read it?

Reactions: 1
I finished book lovers last night.

Made a change from my usual psychological/domestic thrillers thrillers.

Also liked that it didn't follow the same format as most rom com / chick lit books.
i liked book lovers a lot - all of emily henry’s books are great imo. i like that her heroines are always strong-minded with their own careers and lives outside of the romance part too (she did that especially well in book lovers i thought!)

the conversation from the last thread has inspired me to finally pick up sorrow and bliss so, we’ll see!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
i liked book lovers a lot - all of emily henry’s books are great imo. i like that her heroines are always strong-minded with their own careers and lives outside of the romance part too (she did that especially well in book lovers i thought!)

the conversation from the last thread has inspired me to finally pick up sorrow and bliss so, we’ll see!
I think it's my first Emily Henry book! But I will definitely turn to her for more palette cleansing books 😊

• Heart
I think it's my first Emily Henry book! But I will definitely turn to her for more palette cleansing books 😊
she’s a great palette cleanser 🥰 i can highly recommend beach read for your next one, it’s probably my favourite of hers.

• Heart
she’s a great palette cleanser 🥰 i can highly recommend beach read for your next one, it’s probably my favourite of hers.
I think I own beach read but haven't read it...story if my life that is!

I’ve taken the Kindle Unlimited 2 months free deal, I had it a while ago so didn’t think I’d be eligible but apparently I am so I’ll have it 🤣

I didn’t realise there was another DCI Kett book by Alex Smith released at the end of June, available on Kindle Unlimited, so think that’ll be my next read.

Any good KU reads I should make sure to fit in? I don’t think I’ll keep it past the two months…

I’m currently reading Atonement, about 20% through, enjoying it more than I thought I would. I’ve had on my TBR for an insanely long time, I’m trying to read some of the books I’ve had the longest 😅

• Heart
I’ve taken the Kindle Unlimited 2 months free deal, I had it a while ago so didn’t think I’d be eligible but apparently I am so I’ll have it 🤣

I didn’t realise there was another DCI Kett book by Alex Smith released at the end of June, available on Kindle Unlimited, so think that’ll be my next read.

Any good KU reads I should make sure to fit in? I don’t think I’ll keep it past the two months…

I’m currently reading Atonement, about 20% through, enjoying it more than I thought I would. I’ve had on my TBR for an insanely long time, I’m trying to read some of the books I’ve had the longest 😅
I love love love atonement. Probably one ofy all time favs. I cried for hours after finishing it. You should definitely watch the film adaptation❤

• Heart
I love love love atonement. Probably one ofy all time favs. I cried for hours after finishing it. You should definitely watch the film adaptation❤
I’m planning to watch it after I’ve finished reading it! I’ve been trying to do that lately, watch any film adaptations just after reading the book 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Er books that rip your heart out, books with characters I can deeply care about or smut. 🤣🙈
have you read ‘the hearts invisible furies’ for heart wrenching? The characters stayed with me for so long after I read it

for smut, there is a series called ‘this man’ thats a very good one 🤣 Or very smutty the bared to you series by sylvia day, it what 50 shades wanted to be imo

• Heart
Reactions: 4

ive just started the DCI Kett series on kindle unlimited. About to start book 3

• Heart
Reactions: 2
have you read ‘the hearts invisible furies’ for heart wrenching? The characters stayed with me for so long after I read it

for smut, there is a series called ‘this man’ thats a very good one 🤣 Or very smutty the bared to you series by sylvia day, it what 50 shades wanted to be imo
I havent actually. Im sure it got discussed a few threads ago now. I will add it to my wish list.

Ive read the Bared To You series I think, ages ago.

I will have a look at this man.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.