Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not happy about the gradual creeping of many of the daily deal books to 1.09 instead of 99p...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
So many kindle books at 99 pence for Black Friday! I think I might get a few cosy Christmas reads.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone read We Begin at the End? It’s been on my TBR pile for ages, I’ve read a little of it but I’m not getting into it at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone read We Begin at the End? It’s been on my TBR pile for ages, I’ve read a little of it but I’m not getting into it at all.
i enjoyed they both die at the end but haven’t picked this one up yet - it sounded very much like the same story to me, but in a different way. is that why you’re not getting into it?

These Waterstones deals ruin me. What are you ordering?

Which will you get?
These are all totally mood choices based on quick skims of the blurbs at 99p:

I wish it could be Christmas Every Day - Milly Johnson
Christmas Wishes at Pudding Hall - Kate Forster
The Christmas Castle in Scotland - Julie Kaplin
A Country Christmas - Veronica Henry
The Christmas Bookshop - Jenny Colgan
One more Christmas at the Castle - Trisha Ashley

Plus at 1.99 the Mistletoe Pact - Jo Lovett

Last year I found I could read this sort of Christmas cosy read in less than a day, so will save these for over the Christmas holidays I think!

Also there's a deal at the moment where if you spend 15 pounds on kindle books (by 29 Nov) you get 5 pounds credit (just click the banner on the Kindle books page to activate). So I may pick up a few more on my TBR.

Reactions: 4
i enjoyed they both die at the end but haven’t picked this one up yet - it sounded very much like the same story to me, but in a different way. is that why you’re not getting into it?
I haven’t read that so I don’t think so. I’m getting into it a little more now but not finding myself wanting to get stuck in and read it 😕 Maybe I should leave it for another time. I’m in the mood for something I get right into and can’t stop reading.

I wish it could be Christmas Every Day - Milly Johnson
Christmas Wishes at Pudding Hall - Kate Forster
The Christmas Castle in Scotland - Julie Kaplin
A Country Christmas - Veronica Henry
The Christmas Bookshop - Jenny Colgan
One more Christmas at the Castle - Trisha Ashley

Plus at 1.99 the Mistletoe Pact - Jo Lovett
Let us know if they are any good

I’m trying to reignite my love of reading with the ACOTAR series. I’ve read the first two on my kindle but now I’m working through them in paperback!

Reactions: 4
I’m trying to reignite my love of reading with the ACOTAR series. I’ve read the first two on my kindle but now I’m working through them in paperback!
i am hugely enjoying them! have only read the first two so far but have the third and fifth ready to go - they’re great escapist reads.

View attachment 1753710
my newest read. No pressure!
Im really struggling with this. 80% through and I’m just bored. I don’t care about a single one of the characters. None of them are relatable. The whole life saving element seems rather reliant on having a huge disposable income to buy people’s love. So disappointed as this was on my TBR for ages and I treated myself to a non discounted kindle book for first time in a long time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Im really struggling with this. 80% through and I’m just bored. I don’t care about a single one of the characters. None of them are relatable. The whole life saving element seems rather reliant on having a huge disposable income to buy people’s love. So disappointed as this was on my TBR for ages and I treated myself to a non discounted kindle book for first time in a long time.
I don't know how but some people get a refund on books they delete quickly after buying. Maybe this will work for you

I'm really not reading much this year. I am so disappointed in myself but struggling to find time/energy/will to read :( I am about 3 chapters into Small Game by Blair Braverman. It seems like a really interesting concept so I will let you know how it goes.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.