Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I decided to read my unread books before getting any new ones. So that's Pachinko, The Goldfinch and a non-fiction book about Palestine. The first two are long so it should take a while.
I would probably die before I could manage this 🥲

However this is one of my irrational fears when picking a new book. What about all the books I'll never read when I die.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I would probably die before I could manage this 🥲

However this is one of my irrational fears when picking a new book. What about all the books I'll never read when I die.
I understand that fear! But I'm convinced you'll be reading well into the afterlife. You'll haunt all of the libraries. 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just finished Metronome. I really enjoyed i! It has been on my tbr pile for a while but I’m glad I got round to it. It was quite different to what I expected but in a good way. Beautiful writing but a gripping plot too - would definitely recommend.

I have started Babel, i’ve seen mixed reviews but the story line intrigued me so i’m going in with an open mind

Reactions: 4
I cant remember who was talking about 'Every Summer After' but I started it this morning and Ive read 20% already. I dont usually take a lunch break when I WFH but I did today to read a bit more.

Im really scared that Sam is going to be dead or disfigured or something
😭
Me! I loved it I stayed up so late to finish it. Let me know when you finish I want to know what you think!

Only 1 book til I reach my yearly goal of 52! The first time I've met it, I normally get to around 40.

Last edited:
I've given up trying to control/get on top of my to be read list. I just keep buying more.
Same here. I had a couple of months in the summer of not letting myself buy more books than I read in a month but that got totally forgotten about in September🫣

• Haha
Oh Christ don’t do this to me. I already took one for the team earlier in the year reading Stephen and yet I am oh so intrigued 😫👀
Its only just over 100 pages long so I might do it 🤣

I saw it mentioned in a facebook group and then I had to investigate and I too, am intrigued. 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Has anyone read this? 😬🙈

Amazon.com Amazon product
Yeh I have. It was very popular on a Facebook page I'm on.

I read it in a couple of hours. It is graphic and isn't the best story.

I didn't think it was as horrifying as some people said. But maybe that's because I read a lot of thrillers/murder stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.