Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have an recs for Instagram book accounts? I've found lots for romance and YA books, but I have no interest in those! Would love ones more tailored to things like thrillers and crime.
I really like BookswithMich. She has been quiet lately though.

Reactions: 2
Re Crime and Christmas, there's at least one Agatha Christie set at Christmass - Hercule Poirot's Christmas. I read it years ago so can't for sure guarantee its great, but given it's Christie I am sure it will be at least good 😅 In case anyone wants a golden age seasonal mystery. It's on Kindle Unlimited at the moment too!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Does anyone have a Kindle Oasis? Is it better than the paperwhite?

Im feeling particularly depressed and spendy. 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

I have both and I use my Paperwhite signature more than the oasis. Was actually thinking of trading it in and using the money and 20% against a scribe.

I have both and I use my Paperwhite signature more than the oasis. Was actually thinking of trading it in and using the money and 20% against a scribe.
The scribe looks amazing but its probably a bit much right now 😬

However thank you.. off to see what else I can buy 😅 maybe a new fitness tracker.

The scribe looks amazing but its probably a bit much right now 😬

However thank you.. off to see what else I can buy 😅 maybe a new fitness tracker.
I would love the Google pixel. But I have the Fitbit sense, which is good. Not that I do fitness but I use it to track my HR, sleep, ECG, oxygen levels and I have heart pacing app on it. So it works for what I need.

I currently have an old versa and a samung watch. I dont need one I just want to buy something 🙈 Im also a couch potato. How else would I be able to read as much 😂

Im 60% of the way through 'A Thousand Boy Kisses' and I honestly dont think Ill ever be the same again. I thought it was a smutty book 🥴🥴🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I currently have an old versa and a samung watch. I dont need one I just want to buy something 🙈 Im also a couch potato. How else would I be able to read as much 😂

Im 60% of the way through 'A Thousand Boy Kisses' and I honestly dont think Ill ever be the same again. I thought it was a smutty book 🥴🥴🥴
I’m currently 30% through Girl A

Depressed and spendy is the most dangerous combination for any bank balance! When I most need a cuddle, I am most likely to impulse buy. It’s self reliance gone awry. @Caffeine Fiend sending warmth your way

Reactions: 9

I have a 2019 Oasis & a 2015 Paperwhite. The Oasis has a worse battery life, I charge it at least once a week, compared to once a month with my old PW. But, the reading experience is way nicer imo and I use the Oasis a lot more, I just use the old PW whilst my Oasis is charging

I’m on a Kindle Unlimited kick atm. Just finished The Marriage Lie by Kimberly Belle - not bad, not fantastic, a solid 3/5 for me.

Having enjoyed The Santa Killer by Ross Greenwood I’m going to try some of the others in the same series by him 🙂

I had a really slow start to the month and so started recording my reads on a smaller template and now I’ve filled it. I therefore now need to drag my next book out for 3 days rather than finish and not have an accurate template or have to totally redo the whole thing.

And yes, this is how my brain works before 7am 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had a really slow start to the month and so started recording my reads on a smaller template and now I’ve filled it. I therefore now need to drag my next book out for 3 days rather than finish and not have an accurate template or have to totally redo the whole thing.

And yes, this is how my brain works before 7am 🙃
My brain would be working the exact same 🙈

• Haha
Oh I liked this. I think it had mixed reviews on this thread but I think I gave it 4 stars.
I liked this book too but found it quite an emotionally challenging read. Despite this it is extremely well written .

I am still muscling on with the wild silence . It’s picked up slightly in the last chapter or so but I am finding it to be a little “ woe is me”.
I do like how she uses lots of adjectives though as the words she chooses really do paint a vivid picture .

Did anyone go for the kindle deal where if you spend £15 you got £5 credit? Just wondering when I’ll actually receive the credit as spent the money on Sunday!!

Recently I have enjoyed these novels:

Night Tiger - Yangsze Choo
Mrs England - Stacey Halls
Olive Kitteridge - Elizabeth Strout
A Tidy Ending - Joanna Cannon

All very different but great reads.

Reactions: 8
Did anyone go for the kindle deal where if you spend £15 you got £5 credit? Just wondering when I’ll actually receive the credit as spent the money on Sunday!!
I did this last night and immediately received the email. It said up to four days IIRC but it might be worth speaking to them?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.