Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you - that would be really helpful if you can share them!
This is what I was given by the dietitian for the same problems. Hope it helps x

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Little crazy cat has refused to drink any water alllll day. Her nappy is dry ☹ yet she’s had the hiccups 4-5 times today 🙄 kid drives me mad
---
Well she just had 7oz of milk so at least that’s something.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My friends child 16m same age as my son can point to shapes in a book correctly, major mum guilt🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My friends child 16m same age as my son can point to shapes in a book correctly, major mum guilt🙈
My daughter can't do that (2 next month) A star she could but that's it.
No need to feel guilty in the slightest.
Not many kids that age can. And even still, it will probably be from memory 😊
90% of the time, if you give them a different book, different environment, they won't know it 😊

• Heart
Little baby bum on Netflix. It taught my 3yo the shapes and he was quite advanced. I’ve said loads before, but with his speech delay he could say the shapes but he could point. He also learnt his colours thanks to the programme

I'm getting such mad mum guilt watching small sir play by himself when I'm working. I know it's needs must and tbh, if he's playing by his own he doesn't mind because he soon lets you know if he wants attention and that is the majority of the time. But those brief windows, sat watching him alone makes me feel so bad. It is good I know that he learns independent play and it's not like I ignore him if he comes up, but like actively playing with him isn't as much as I'd like and it's so sad. Feel such a tit.

And no duck off I'm not having another before any of you nuggets suggests it ;) 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm getting such mad mum guilt watching small sir play by himself when I'm working. I know it's needs must and tbh, if he's playing by his own he doesn't mind because he soon lets you know if he wants attention and that is the majority of the time. But those brief windows, sat watching him alone makes me feel so bad. It is good I know that he learns independent play and it's not like I ignore him if he comes up, but like actively playing with him isn't as much as I'd like and it's so sad. Feel such a tit.

And no duck off I'm not having another before any of you nuggets suggests it ;) 😂
This is Monday-Friday in our house 😭

• Heart

I've mentioned it many times before but it is so good for them to learn independent play.
If anything, it's doing him some favours, as bad as that sounds.
Teaching it from an early age.
There seems to be this whole thing around parents needing to play with their kids constantly.
And from previous experience in nurseries, they tend to he the children that struggle more without the adult guidance. Because without realising, when you play with them, you structure and direct a lot of their play, rather than them learning in their own way.

No idea if any of that makes sense

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My 16 month old often plays by himself. Unless we’re at toddler group and I’m looking at toys with him, or reading books, he doesn’t really do a lot of playing WITH yet anyway so it would just be me passing him his toys - he’s really content toddling around the living room while I’m present with him. He’ll come up to me when he wants, we’ll sing together (as we have nursery rhymes on YouTube on quite a lot) - well I sing at him. 90% of the time he just plays with himself, by which I mean throws balls around and chased after them.
I was an only child and felt the benefits of being able to entertain myself, I don’t think it’s a bad thing at all. It sounds like he’s quite happy too?

I think our brains just latch onto anything we can feel guilty about ❤

• Heart
@jackolantern i think once you’ve been so used to giving them 100% attention at all times, when you have such a high need baby, that when you then don’t have to, it feels like you’re doing something wrong.
7Me was an incredibly high needs baby, just like Little Lantern. And he now is a child who can happily play by himself for hours, his imagination is incredible. I feel like he took all his time with me in the first two years, he used up his allotted amount and now he doesn’t need it anymore 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Boddler rose has been so whiny and bad tempered all weekend, I’m absolutely dreading the toddler years if this is what is to come 🤦🏼‍♀️
(All was forgiven when she pulled my hair at bedtime to get my head down to hers so she could give me a kiss on the forehead then said “one more” and did it again 😭😭😭)

• Heart
Anyone still breastfeeding at 2yo+? My 2yo is obsessed and acts for it atleast 10 times I day. I give it usually once or twice to shut her up lol. I want to wean her sooo badly as I HATE feeding her with how it feels, her teeth, the noises and her rubbing me. Plus I have a 6 month old baby who I only want to feed so its hard for my older baby to see it and not be allowed it. Any tips?

• Heart
Anyone still breastfeeding at 2yo+? My 2yo is obsessed and acts for it atleast 10 times I day. I give it usually once or twice to shut her up lol. I want to wean her sooo badly as I HATE feeding her with how it feels, her teeth, the noises and her rubbing me. Plus I have a 6 month old baby who I only want to feed so its hard for my older baby to see it and not be allowed it. Any tips?
I haven’t ever tandem fed, so no advice on that end. But I’ve fed all mine until 2+ and no4 is 2 next month and still feeding. He asks (and receives 😬) at least 10-15 times and day, then goodness only knows how many times overnight. They are so demanding for it, even at this age.
Is her understanding good?
What I’ve always done when I want to say wean is just start pushing it back. So they ask and I say “not now, I have to do xyz then you can have some” and just keep pushing. Also offering a drink in case it is thirst, and offering other ways of being close eg a cuddle. But distraction is a big part of it. There may well be tears, because it’s a hard transition, but if you stick to your guns about it, it is actually not a long transition. That said, may be different for you when you’re still feeding the baby and toddler can see that. Best of luck.

• Heart
Does anyone let their 17m old have a quilt?
For the rare occasions mine sleeps in her own bed she has a toddler quilt and pillow, which she kicks off immediately. If she’s in with us she won’t go anywhere near the duvet and has to sleep on top of it, if it’s even over her feet she gets aggy 🤷🏼‍♀️ (she’s 20months btw but we bought the quilt at about 17 months in desperation because she wouldn’t keep blankets or sleeping bags on and gas is spenny at the mo so didn’t want the heating on all night 🤣)

Both of mine have these, I find them easier than a Duvet and duvet cover as the fit isn't always 100% and I absolutely hate it when all the corners aren't in the sheet😂

Rest Easy Single Coverless Duvet Bedding | Care Free Reversible Coverless Quilt & Pillowcase | Washable Duvet | Perfect For Travelling & Sleepovers (Single 4.5 tog, Rainbow) https://amzn.eu/d/b6uBeaL

I'm starting to worry about my little boy. He's 18months and only says mamma and dadda and I'm constantly trying to encourage his speech. And yet my friends little girl who is the same age, can say alot more things and seems alot more advanced. I feel like I'm totally failing! Her little girl goes nursery and I'm wondering of maybe that's helped?

• Heart
Mines 16mo and very much not ready for a duvet. She’s a proper fidget arse she’d never be under it.

RE speach chat, we’ve just got jibberish and maybe what sounds like hiya that’s it. She’s always been delayed in everything so I’m not worried yet.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.