Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jackolantern

VIP Member
I'm so triggered ATM. It's getting to me that Tommy is one next month, largely because it's making me think about this time last year and everything that happened. I mean it's not like I ever forget, but it does make it feel more real I guess. But also because I'm so dissapointed in myself for not having the life we wanted for him. I have no idea how to get it either. We are just so fucking skint and I know the logical answer is work more, but I don't want to spend a life away from him doing something that destroys my soul, just to scrape by a *little* more. I suppose I'm just mad that life has to be like this. Especially since the pandemic, everything cost wise is just getting out of hand and everything seems to unobtainable now.

I will say, I bloody adore this age and it does feel like things are finally getting easier in that sense and I just want to feel like I'm making the most of it instead of being stuck in my own head and panicking about neverending bills, to do lists and my house/life falling down around me. I'm just being a moany bitch really because we've got so many wonderful things, I just wish I could appreciate them more and spend less time being stressed and overwhelmed you know.

God though how I love that little dude. I was pretty depressed before and while we didn't have a baby to 'fix' anything, he really has given me a purpose like no other. I just want to give him more than this :(

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Borntorun

VIP Member
So maybe I’m overthinking things but I’m awake with the baby so why not

But do you ever read through this thread and think… do all these boddlers definitely exist? What if someone’s just trolling us and they've invented a child. They could have a whole different name even

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
We have a walker 😬😬😬😬 only took her one day before turning 15 months but finally she’s off 😂
It’s like having a little drunk lady boddling around the house

• Heart
Reactions: 19

LongishCat

VIP Member
My boddler took her first steps today, on the exact day she turned 15 months 🥹❤😭
Hope you're all doing well! Sorry I'm not that active anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Borntorun

VIP Member
My biggest fear is you’re all on another thread somewhere talking about what an idiot I am 😫😫 never even thought you could all be conning me. New fear unlocked.
I mean, you’re definitely you. Your username says so, so clearly you’re legit 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Borntorun

VIP Member
I'm so triggered ATM. It's getting to me that Tommy is one next month, largely because it's making me think about this time last year and everything that happened. I mean it's not like I ever forget, but it does make it feel more real I guess. But also because I'm so dissapointed in myself for not having the life we wanted for him. I have no idea how to get it either. We are just so fucking skint and I know the logical answer is work more, but I don't want to spend a life away from him doing something that destroys my soul, just to scrape by a *little* more. I suppose I'm just mad that life has to be like this. Especially since the pandemic, everything cost wise is just getting out of hand and everything seems to unobtainable now.

I will say, I bloody adore this age and it does feel like things are finally getting easier in that sense and I just want to feel like I'm making the most of it instead of being stuck in my own head and panicking about neverending bills, to do lists and my house/life falling down around me. I'm just being a moany bitch really because we've got so many wonderful things, I just wish I could appreciate them more and spend less time being stressed and overwhelmed you know.

God though how I love that little dude. I was pretty depressed before and while we didn't have a baby to 'fix' anything, he really has given me a purpose like no other. I just want to give him more than this :(
I would just like to say that babies don’t need money to be happy: they just want loving parents and your time. Tommy is very lucky to have you guys as his parents. You have fought for him throughout his tough start. You’ve willingly watched Toy Story more times than I’ve had hot dinners this past year. He’s literally never slept not touching you. No one could have been a better mummy to that little boy than you. You’re not going to look back when you’re older and wish you’d spent more time dusting your house this year, so don’t worry about the housework and your todo lists either.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

jackolantern

VIP Member
So maybe I’m overthinking things but I’m awake with the baby so why not

But do you ever read through this thread and think… do all these boddlers definitely exist? What if someone’s just trolling us and they've invented a child. They could have a whole different name even
Busted. I don't have a kid called Tommy at all. I'm just an adult Disney wanker trying to justify my fetish for Toy Story and I cosplay as Bo Peep on the weekends. Sherlock's got nowt on you hun xo

• Haha

WhatABore

VIP Member
I think I'm a good parent because I don't attempt to make fondant versions of the characters they like.
Probably would call for therapy.

All jokes aside though... I think I'm a good parent because I try to encourage their interests and try to give them the confidence to be/do what they enjoy

• Heart
  • Haha

Borntorun

VIP Member
My biggest fear is you’re all on another thread somewhere talking about what an idiot I am 😫😫 never even thought you could all be conning me. New fear unlocked.
Nah hun, we tried a thread but there was too much to gossip about, so we started a WhatsApp xox

(This is obviously pure sarcasm)

• Haha

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Aww I bet it’s so lovely hearing his little voice and hearing him come out with new little phrases ❤
When I tell Mr B the things he says, I honestly feel like a liar because he wasn’t talking much pre Christmas. He said in the shops earlier ‘what’s for dinner?’ And I said ‘but you don’t like dinner?!’ And he was like ‘haha. Tricking you’ and honestly, I could’ve died in the middle of Sainsbury’s 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
Oh god, my child has learnt to knock on the door to be let in if I’m in the bathroom or we’ve gone to visit someone, so she’s started knocking on my boobs to be let in when she wants milk. Just been awoken by a series of aggressive knocks on the boob with all the force of the police attempting a forced entry with a battering ram. Makes a change from her just yanking my top up and helping herself I guess 😂

• Haha

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Long time lurker and now have to join in with the excellently named Boddler thread!

Can I just say thanks to you all for sharing about the playtime etc as this is something I’ve been low key worrying about (isn’t there always something!) with my 15 month old boy.

I’ve finally accepted that he’s actually happy just tootling around with me in the house - he’ll throw balls around and chase them, he plays with his singing zebra thing, he looks at books, we watch TV, he toddles around). I was feeling guilty for NOT DOING ENOUGH (what does that even mean). But he’s babbling, nearly walking, healthy, happy ish when he’s not having a screaming fit over nothing. You know 😅

I take him to a toddler group every week and he’s only recently really started to enjoy it and play with stuff there.

We’re just coming through a horrendous couple of weeks (possible teething, a cold, plus a dose of “what the fuck is wrong now”), sleep has been awful, he’s been off food, massively grumpy. So this morning as he lies on the mat fiddling with one of his toys and I sit on the sofa, I’m just glad we’re both still alive and half sane.

And thereby ends my introductory essay, thank you to you all for sharing your Boddler lives and helping me realise I’m so not alone (thank god!!)

• Heart

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
Hi. I need to get off this thread. Stealing poopy diapers and wearing them like hats never crossed my mind. Shit. I don’t want what’s to come.

• Haha

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Found you all!

My boddler still isn’t going to bed/sleeping without a fight. I’m like the walking dead at the moment.

Agree with all the cute things you’ve all said about this age though. I‘ve had a lovely evening with baby G until bedtime and at one point she bought her fave book over to me and was sat copying some of the words, then looked up at me and went MAMMYYYYYY and leant in for a cuddle 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Guys, has anyones boddler had an opthalmology appointment.

Twin 2 (Of course its twin 2 who else would it be my favourite problem child🤣) has a opthalmology appointment soon as they've had a lazy eye since day 1. And it's literally taken well over a year to get this appointment. What can i expect?! Will they just assess or is there a high chance treatment could start then? Mr TY doesnt know if he can get time off work, so ill have both twins with me, but unsure if itll be best to try find childcare for twin 1?!

I dont like going into appointments with the unknown in my head so i like to plan, especially when it involves twin 2s health as I'm catastrophising it's gonna end up with another Head MRI, which means a ventilator because they can't handle sedation and everything else medical, and I'm so worried it's more than exotropia & it's infact linked to their brain damage worsening because the eye has got worse over the past few months 🙃

sorry for the massive mental offload.

• Heart
Reactions: 13