Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But she says "Noonees" for Noodles and I think it's too cute to correct her 😂 so she may just call them Noonees forever 😂
I am such a sucker for this. Things that he says which are so cute and I just say it too, very unhelpful of me. He calls crisps “bisbies” (like crispies) and now I just call them that as well. Poor child doesn’t stand a chance 🤣
---
• turning from laughter to anger very quickly, which can be hard work
This is the most accurate boddler statement in history.
---
This reminds me of months ago, who was saying they had a bragger at baby group who said their tiny baby was advanced cos they could say 'agoo'. Then someone looked it up and theres a place in the Philippines called Agoo. I think of it often when my boddler is chatting away in his own language 😂
This gives me “EMMA JUST SAID GLEBA” vibes 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Well we had a fairly positive Boddler day here. After months of struggling to settle at play group which we go to on a Tuesday, the last few have been great and today he was loving it - charging around, even trying some new toys, just carrying his beaker of milk around like some Boddler gangster.

He’s now definitely saying mama at me and seems to have linked the word with me - makes my heart melt 🥰 now just to try and get him to say dada, and anything else really!

I gave a plate of picky foods again at lunch and just put it in the living room for him, didn’t offer any crisps as he would usually just eat those and nothing else. He had some toast, orange and a biscuit (obv) and tonight had some jacket potato and beans.

I’m sure tomorrow I’ll be tearing my hair outagain but today I was like…. Ooh there is some progress going on!! (We’ll ignore the tantrum this afternoon when I had to shut him out the kitchen as sharp knives were involved…. Then the forlorn “mama…” when I went back in to him)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Evening all! Just popping in to say that I somehow now have a 9 month old and I’m going back to work in 2 weeks and what the actual duck is that about???

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Nice profile pic Rita
I like @I’mThankyou_ new profile pic tbh. It’s her best angle for sure.
---
Well we had a fairly positive Boddler day here. After months of struggling to settle at play group which we go to on a Tuesday, the last few have been great and today he was loving it - charging around, even trying some new toys, just carrying his beaker of milk around like some Boddler gangster.

He’s now definitely saying mama at me and seems to have linked the word with me - makes my heart melt 🥰 now just to try and get him to say dada, and anything else really!

I gave a plate of picky foods again at lunch and just put it in the living room for him, didn’t offer any crisps as he would usually just eat those and nothing else. He had some toast, orange and a biscuit (obv) and tonight had some jacket potato and beans.

I’m sure tomorrow I’ll be tearing my hair outagain but today I was like…. Ooh there is some progress going on!! (We’ll ignore the tantrum this afternoon when I had to shut him out the kitchen as sharp knives were involved…. Then the forlorn “mama…” when I went back in to him)
Always enjoy the good days! Take the wins!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Not correct them, but just repeat the word back correctly as if you heard them.
But she says "Noonees" for Noodles and I think it's too cute to correct her
I’m terrible for this, I say do you want nam (ham) or I’ve given you your utter (water) or do you want nap (milk lol)
I’m sure she won’t be saying it when she’s 39 so just enjoying it for now 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Has anyone else got the most arsey in laws? Just found out my son isn’t involved in the wedding party like his cousins because FIL doesn’t like me🤣🙈I am furious but it will cause ww3. To top it off they want me to look after their dog for 2 weeks whilst they go on their honeymoon 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Has anyone else got the most arsey in laws? Just found out my son isn’t involved in the wedding party like his cousins because FIL doesn’t like me🤣🙈I am furious but it will cause ww3. To top it off they want me to look after their dog for 2 weeks whilst they go on their honeymoon 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Erm no
Sound like arseholes

I’ve just arranged a babysitter to go out in the evening in a couple of weeks time (me, not the babysitter). What’s the etiquette these days- should I get food in for her/ leave money for her to get herself a takeaway or do nothing food wise? When I babysat as a teenager I’d eat before I went (and then try to subtly raid the kitchen cupboards when I got peckish 😂)

I’ve just arranged a babysitter to go out in the evening in a couple of weeks time (me, not the babysitter). What’s the etiquette these days- should I get food in for her/ leave money for her to get herself a takeaway or do nothing food wise? When I babysat as a teenager I’d eat before I went (and then try to subtly raid the kitchen cupboards when I got peckish 😂)
Personally I'd have in extra snacks that you like, and let her know they are there, if she doesn't eat them, winner for you. And leave money for a takeaway too just incase, or offer to uber her something in before you leave

Reactions: 2
Perks of having boddlers.
My last wisdom tooth is causing me untold pain tonight, their anbesol is coming in handy 👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m terrible for this, I say do you want nam (ham) or I’ve given you your utter (water) or do you want nap (milk lol)
I’m sure she won’t be saying it when she’s 39 so just enjoying it for now 🤣
My family still mostly call me the butchered version of my name BrotherSodIt started using for me as a boddler. He's 31 next week 😂
---
Cheeky fuckers.

The best thing about my in laws is that my dentist is at the top of their street 🙈 somewhere to deposit the boddler for half an hour rather than have to take him.
Although the trade off is that I then have to stick around for ages as they won't let us leave. If I say it's time to go I get death stares and a "why?! what have you got to do!?" as if I have to stay there unless I have a specific plan to leave for.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.