Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do your boddlers wake up from naps absolutely miserable?
Every day without fail and no matter the circumstances, we have at least 20 minutes of misery. 😩😩
Always.
But then again I'm a proper moody cow when I wake, so i guess they're just like their Mam 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Every day without fail and no matter the circumstances, we have at least 20 minutes of misery. 😩😩
Yes it’s called sleep inertia!
---
Did everyone dress their boddlers up for World Book Day? Would love to hear what they/you chose! ♥
Kind of, I didn’t want her uncomfortable so she wore a Dino tracky as she loves a Dino pop up book we have! So cute seeing little boddlers dressed up today 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes it’s called sleep inertia!
---

Kind of, I didn’t want her uncomfortable so she wore a Dino tracky as she loves a Dino pop up book we have! So cute seeing little boddlers dressed up today 😍
Oh I nearly did a dino trackie too! But my mum bought her a costume so was rude not to!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This is really common. I find if you get them up and just cuddle them and let them doze for a bit longer then it avoids too much misery. And then asking are they ready to do xyz and having something nice sorted eg would you like to get up now and play outside/have a snack/play playdoh.

Don't - we've got those soon. I am really not looking forward to them!
Aww I think it sounded worse from the waiting room! Mr Cupcake was adamant that it wasn’t too bad and he’s been fine afterwards so fingers crossed yours will go smoothly too 🤞🏻

I always throw a snack at them as soon as they wake up and it seems to work

• Haha
I live for the odd day he wakes from a nap and I can hear him just chatting to himself. Far too rare.

• Heart
What age did people have their 2 year check?
My son just turned 2 & isn’t talking/ following instructions etc. wondered if I should contact health visitor or wait for the 2 year check.
It’s done between 2-2.5 years depending on your NHS trust. It might be worth ringing them if you are worried as they may be able to get out to see you sooner than planned and it’s always good to give them a bit of a head’s up so they can get the ball rolling with speech and language therapy etc if it’s needed xx
---
What age did people have their 2 year check?
My son just turned 2 & isn’t talking/ following instructions etc. wondered if I should contact health visitor or wait for the 2 year check.
Also, just a thought but have you had his hearing checked to rule out any issues there?

Last edited:
Guys, has anyones boddler had an opthalmology appointment.

Twin 2 (Of course its twin 2 who else would it be my favourite problem child🤣) has a opthalmology appointment soon as they've had a lazy eye since day 1. And it's literally taken well over a year to get this appointment. What can i expect?! Will they just assess or is there a high chance treatment could start then? Mr TY doesnt know if he can get time off work, so ill have both twins with me, but unsure if itll be best to try find childcare for twin 1?!

I dont like going into appointments with the unknown in my head so i like to plan, especially when it involves twin 2s health as I'm catastrophising it's gonna end up with another Head MRI, which means a ventilator because they can't handle sedation and everything else medical, and I'm so worried it's more than exotropia & it's infact linked to their brain damage worsening because the eye has got worse over the past few months 🙃

sorry for the massive mental offload.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Twin 2 (Of course its twin 2 who else would it be my favourite problem child🤣) has a opthalmology appointment soon as they've had a lazy eye since day 1. And it's literally taken well over a year to get this appointment. What can i expect?! Will they just assess or is there a high chance treatment could start then? Mr TY doesnt know if he can get time off work, so ill have both twins with me, but unsure if itll be best to try find childcare for twin 1?!

I dont like going into appointments with the unknown in my head so i like to plan, especially when it involves twin 2s health as I'm catastrophising it's gonna end up with another Head MRI, which means a ventilator because they can't handle sedation and everything else medical, and I'm so worried it's more than exotropia & it's infact linked to their brain damage worsening because the eye has got worse over the past few months 🙃

It’s so easy for anyone else to say but try not to focus on the what ifs until you have all of the information following the app or you’ll drive yourself mad worrying. Sending hugs, I can totally imagine how stressful it must be though.

Obviously it’s a totally different situation to T2 but Mini Cupcake has an ophthalmology app on the 22nd of this month as he has a suspected birthmark under his right eyelid that they wanted to monitor. If there are any general questions you have I’ll do my best to answer them afterwards ☺

I was quite chilled and telling myself this until someone mentioned it and then I went on a googling spree 🙄

I know I know!

Im waiting for a call back from health visitor anyway as I felt it might be worth even just discussing my anxieties and seeing what they say. Just needed somewhere to post my thoughts really!
Who the duck would ask that
I hope you slapped the cheeky cow
Someone's kid could have rainbow hair and I wouldn't mention it you just don't duck with people's kids

Cousins son didn't talk till 3 didn't do alot till then. He is fine, just observing.

• Heart

Baby Author has had one for a possible lazy eye. Not sure how useful our experience will be for you but I can describe what happened at our appointment, which was just assessment at this stage.

We were first seen by a paediatric ophthalmologist who basically tried to shine a light and look in his eyes. She also had some 3D cards (like magic eye if that makes sense?) but baby author was a bit too little to do/understand those. We were then seen by a nurse who put eye drops into his eyes to make the pupil dilate. As you can imagine that involved a bit of holding Boddler down and he was not a fan. We then had to wait/go for a walk for around 40min to wait for drops to take effect.

Once the drops had worked we were then seen by a different doctor and consultant ophthalmologist. Again lots of restraining boddler whilst lights were shone into his eyes to try and get a good look. Basically baby author was not a fan of having stuff put or shone into his eyes so was quite upset and squirmy about that.

In our case we are going back in a few months time for a follow up and see if they can get a clearer view, but they think it might be ok. I think main thing is to be prepared to maybe hold Twin 2 securely when they are doing stuff like the drops/shining lights in their eyes. My husband was at the appointment with me which was useful as another pair of hands but think I’d have been okay on my own (just) and also I don’t have any other children which made it easier too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
WHY DON’T THEY EAT ANYTHING.

trying not to make it a huge battle so just ranting on here 😅

the only things I can guarantee Boddler will eat are crisps, baby biscuits, yoghurt, orange slices (when he’s in the mood). He’ll have some dinner so things like bolognese, curry, mash potato, cottage pie. He’ll eat baby ready meals ok.

oh and he has porridge in the morning but is a bit off it.

he licks toast but usually leaves it these days. Won’t eat/try cheese, eggs, other fruits, tomatoes, veg on its own etc.

really don’t know how normal or not it is - hes 16 months.

Do I just keep offering and basically it’s up to him if he has it, and hope that one day he’ll vary his food a bit 😬

the only things I can guarantee Boddler will eat are crisps, baby biscuits, yoghurt, orange slices (when he’s in the mood). He’ll have some dinner so things like bolognese, curry, mash potato, cottage pie. He’ll eat baby ready meals ok.

he licks toast but usually leaves it these days. Won’t eat/try cheese, eggs, other fruits, tomatoes, veg on its own etc.

Do I just keep offering and basically it’s up to him if he has it, and hope that one day he’ll vary his food a bit 😬
My daughter is exactly the same. And I'm sure @Definitelyme will tell you the same.

She hardly eats.
Never has done. She's 2 next month.

For lunch is usually a sandwich, crisps, I put fruit on the plate, raisins ect.
And she picks at it through the afternoon.

We don't do a highchair because she just wouldn't eat anything and she dropped down below 5th percentile from 50th.
So she has all meals in the living room

My daughter is exactly the same. And I'm sure @Definitelyme will tell you the same.

She hardly eats.
Never has done. She's 2 next month.

For lunch is usually a sandwich, crisps, I put fruit on the plate, raisins ect.
And she picks at it through the afternoon.

We don't do a highchair because she just wouldn't eat anything and she dropped down below 5th percentile from 50th.
So she has all meals in the living room
I actually did this yesterday and put like a grazing platter in the living room which seemed to work ok. He has breakfast and dinner fine in the high chair but wonder if I just need to be a bit low key / less pressure with lunch and let him pick. Might try this a bit more regularly then!

I actually did this yesterday and put like a grazing platter in the living room which seemed to work ok. He has breakfast and dinner fine in the high chair but wonder if I just need to be a bit low key / less pressure with lunch and let him pick. Might try this a bit more regularly then!
This is also what I have started doing with my 14mo. He has lunch where he can keep coming back to it. Bfast and dinner is normally in the highchair

I have no advice but my 16 month old is also a nightmare for eating and see’s a dietician. I have a few work sheets about what was advised if you’d like to see x

I have no advice but my 16 month old is also a nightmare for eating and see’s a dietician. I have a few work sheets about what was advised if you’d like to see x
Thank you - that would be really helpful if you can share them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.