Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Both of mine have these, I find them easier than a Duvet and duvet cover as the fit isn't always 100% and I absolutely hate it when all the corners aren't in the sheet😂

Rest Easy Single Coverless Duvet Bedding | Care Free Reversible Coverless Quilt & Pillowcase | Washable Duvet | Perfect For Travelling & Sleepovers (Single 4.5 tog, Rainbow) https://amzn.eu/d/b6uBeaL
Omg these are so cute - and saves the faff of changing a duvet cover (which is 100% the worst household task)

Reactions: 3
He usually sleeps with a throw and a pillow but he kept kicking it off, i got him a toddler quilt. He has just gone for his nap with it but worried he wriggles under it😕

Both of mine have these, I find them easier than a Duvet and duvet cover as the fit isn't always 100% and I absolutely hate it when all the corners aren't in the sheet😂

Rest Easy Single Coverless Duvet Bedding | Care Free Reversible Coverless Quilt & Pillowcase | Washable Duvet | Perfect For Travelling & Sleepovers (Single 4.5 tog, Rainbow) https://amzn.eu/d/b6uBeaL
They look really good, never saw those before. Are they ok in the wash?

I'm starting to worry about my little boy. He's 18months and only says mamma and dadda and I'm constantly trying to encourage his speech. And yet my friends little girl who is the same age, can say alot more things and seems alot more advanced. I feel like I'm totally failing! Her little girl goes nursery and I'm wondering of maybe that's helped?
Neither mine or my friends child goes to nursery. Tbh I think it’s normal as my health visitor is really lovely and she said it’s fine and not to worry about it. He is also under SALT team for chewing and they never said anything about not talking x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm starting to worry about my little boy. He's 18months and only says mamma and dadda and I'm constantly trying to encourage his speech. And yet my friends little girl who is the same age, can say alot more things and seems alot more advanced. I feel like I'm totally failing! Her little girl goes nursery and I'm wondering of maybe that's helped?
I think that sounds normal, my little one is 20 months and I would say it’s only in the last 8 weeks or so her vocabulary has started to really expand, before then it was dada, dog, and hiya. In comparison my friends baby had loads of words, but she walked a lot later than mine. I think they all just develop so differently that comparing them will only make you feel bad! They do say they work on movement skills or communication skills, as they can’t do both at the same time, and I found that’s definitely true in all the babies I know.

• Heart
Speech chat- we have some weird sounding words (16m), daddy is “ah-geeee” 😂 but some basic “hiya”, “buh-bye” etc, but if I ask her to go find something she will go and get it, so she does understand what things are, although she doesn’t say them… I think it takes a while, but I’m not worried yet!

Every animal says “baaa” though 😂

• Haha
Speech chat- we have some weird sounding words (16m), daddy is “ah-geeee” 😂 but some basic “hiya”, “buh-bye” etc, but if I ask her to go find something she will go and get it, so she does understand what things are, although she doesn’t say them… I think it takes a while, but I’m not worried yet!

Every animal says “baaa” though 😂
Every animal here roars like a lion, except a cat which nee naws like an ambulance 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know lots of people love the cover less duvet covers but I and my lo aren’t fans. The idea is great, but they have a horrible feel to them. I think it’s because they’re made of polyester, the texture is similar to a sleeping bag . Just something to bear in mind. Ours was from Asda.

My youngest is 2 next month. But at 18 months, she could only say about 3 words.
She never said mama. Only dada. And said hi and bye.
Now though, she can say a lot more! In the past month or 2, she's suddenly picked up loads!

They say 25 words are about average for when they turn 2.
That's still 6 months away for you and you'd be surprised how much they pick up.
And 25 is only "average" so there's literally no worry.

People often think when it comes to saying words, it means clear, or full words. But that's not just what's counted at all!
People will be surprised how many their kids actually say that they don't realise is counted as words

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My youngest is 2 next month. But at 18 months, she could only say about 3 words.
Now though, she can say a lot more! In the past month or 2, she's suddenly picked up loads!

That's still 6 months away for you and you'd be surprised how much they pick up.

People often think when it comes to saying words, it means clear, or full words. But that's not just what's counted at all!
People will be surprised how many their kids actually say that they don't realise is counted as words
That’s so interesting, I didn’t realise words like “weeeeee” were including, we have “uh oh” “oh dear” and on occasion “oh god” 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That’s still so young yet. I know it’s hard but give them time. Kids pick up language everywhere, even if it’s just sat at home cuddling on the sofa with you. So try not to worry, you’re not doing anything wrong.
If you want try to go to baby/toddler groups, see how you both get on. Can’t hurt, I hate the places but some people get alot out of them.
Mine is just gone 2 & has no words yet. We’ve asked for early 27month check to get some support in place for him.
This is a good website for guidelines to speech & language. https://www.gosh.nhs.uk/conditions-...speech-and-language-development-12-24-months/
My hv also recommended this site for fun activities to help language.

• Heart
Unfortunately he's still very unsettled of a night, I tend to get anywhere from 30 mins - 2 hours of him sleeping in his cot before he's up calling for me. And usually on the shorter end of that 🙃 but I'm counting it as a win tbh as until recently it was contact sleep or nothing, so at least 30 mins of being able to run round getting things sorted is still progress. It will come, but thanks for letting me moan x
Sorry just catching up and I have no advice but just wanted to let you know I'm in exactly the same boat.....I don;t know if it's sadistic or not but sometimes I find it comforting that other people are going through the same "torture" as me..................I'm just biting the bullet now and sleep training (for the 4th time but sticking to it with no excuses this time 🙈 )from tonight and beginning to night wean....mentally I just can't any more and need to be done....makes me feel so guilty for her though

• Heart
Boddler gravy has just discovered Blippi. She is obsessed. Literally the first word out her mouth in the morning is Blippi 🤣 I hate hate hate him 🤣🤣

Boddler gravy has just discovered Blippi. She is obsessed. Literally the first word out her mouth in the morning is Blippi 🤣 I hate hate hate him 🤣🤣
You’ll hate him even more if you google ‘Blippi poo Harlem shake’ or something like that 🫠

• Haha
Sorry just catching up and I have no advice but just wanted to let you know I'm in exactly the same boat.....I don;t know if it's sadistic or not but sometimes I find it comforting that other people are going through the same "torture" as me..................I'm just biting the bullet now and sleep training (for the 4th time but sticking to it with no excuses this time 🙈 )from tonight and beginning to night wean....mentally I just can't any more and need to be done....makes me feel so guilty for her though
It absolutely blows my mind that when I was the age of my boddler, my parents also had a 2 month old. What the duck. How??? This guy still tries to share my skin and nurses a million times a night.

Apparently I slept through from 3 months. But in the baby lottery I got one who's still up a million times a night at 15 months, howls if my husband tries to do any of the overnight comforting, and has to sleep in my bed. Cheated.
Re duvet chat though - I've had slightly better sleep recently since stopping putting him in his sleeping bag and letting him under the proper covers with me. I think he snuggles up more?

Reactions: 2

Wow!! I didn't know that! That's really reassured me thanks so much. I think what makes me anxious is that my friend always rubs it in my face with what her little girl can do, and it makes me feel like a failure as a mum. I think because we were pregnant together and there's 2 weeks between our boddlers- I seem to compare alot, which i know is wrong. Xx
---
That’s still so young yet. I know it’s hard but give them time. Kids pick up language everywhere, even if it’s just sat at home cuddling on the sofa with you. So try not to worry, you’re not doing anything wrong.
If you want try to go to baby/toddler groups, see how you both get on. Can’t hurt, I hate the places but some people get alot out of them.
Mine is just gone 2 & has no words yet. We’ve asked for early 27month check to get some support in place for him.
This is a good website for guidelines to speech & language. https://www.gosh.nhs.uk/conditions-...speech-and-language-development-12-24-months/
My hv also recommended this site for fun activities to help language.
Thanks for this and for everyone who has gone out of their way to reply to me. It means such a lot and had really reassured this tired mum!!!! I really do appreciate the support on here. Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Wow!! I didn't know that! That's really reassured me thanks so much. I think what makes me anxious is that my friend always rubs it in my face with what her little girl can do, and it makes me feel like a failure as a mum. I think because we were pregnant together and there's 2 weeks between our boddlers- I seem to compare alot, which i know is wrong. Xx
---

Thanks for this and for everyone who has gone out of their way to reply to me. It means such a lot and had really reassured this tired mum!!!! I really do appreciate the support on here. Xxx
This will sound so bad but there are 6 days between TMe and my friend’s son, and they are both equally “behind” so it makes me feel better 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m dreading summer as we will meet my nephew for the first time as he is 3 months younger, but from what we are told he speaks a lot and I’m so worried about comparisons being made and TMe being thought of negatively 👎🏻👎🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.