Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the first time in 19 months my child slept for 12 solid hours.

Scared to get excited about this but also OF COURSE we're going on holiday tomorrow so that will probably F it all up 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Speech chat- we have some weird sounding words (16m), daddy is “ah-geeee” 😂 but some basic “hiya”, “buh-bye” etc, but if I ask her to go find something she will go and get it, so she does understand what things are, although she doesn’t say them… I think it takes a while, but I’m not worried yet!

Every animal says “baaa” though 😂
Martha can say house but without the H & every animal is a cat. Her speech isn’t as developed as her sisters was at 19 months but that’s cause my 6yo speaks for her and she can’t get a word in 🙃🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Martha can say house but without the H & every animal is a cat. Her speech isn’t as developed as her sisters was at 19 months but that’s cause my 6yo speaks for her and she can’t get a word in 🙃🤣
sounds like a scouser then 😂 that’s so cute though! I think as long as their babbling and hitting different variations/pitches then it’s all ok (that’s what I’ve been told).
lil’pidge comes out with some random words and literally never says them again. but she does repeat words we don’t understand. Ahgee being daddy which we cracked and ageh which is either again or okay… we’re still working them out 🤣

her favourite thing at the minute is putting her finger on her lips and telling us to “shhh” 😂 not sure whether it’s endearing or rude 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
This will sound so bad but there are 6 days between TMe and my friend’s son, and they are both equally “behind” so it makes me feel better 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m dreading summer as we will meet my nephew for the first time as he is 3 months younger, but from what we are told he speaks a lot and I’m so worried about comparisons being made and TMe being thought of negatively 👎🏻👎🏻
If TMe and your friends son are "behind" then so is mine.
But they're not behind, as you said before, compared to your other kids, maybe but in terms of average, not at all 😊
And I think the fact that 3 kids the same age are at the same level is hopefully reassuring enough to you 😊 because she's exactly the same as TMe
---
sounds like a scouser then 😂 that’s so cute though! I think as long as their babbling and hitting different variations/pitches then it’s all ok (that’s what I’ve been told).
lil’pidge comes out with some random words and literally never says them again. but she does repeat words we don’t understand. Ahgee being daddy which we cracked and ageh which is either again or okay… we’re still working them out 🤣

her favourite thing at the minute is putting her finger on her lips and telling us to “shhh” 😂 not sure whether it’s endearing or rude 🤣
They say to help their speech, you're supposed to repeat back the correct pronunciation of it. Not correct them, but just repeat the word back correctly as if you heard them.
But she says "Noonees" for Noodles and I think it's too cute to correct her 😂 so she may just call them Noonees forever 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It absolutely blows my mind that when I was the age of my boddler, my parents also had a 2 month old. What the duck. How??? This guy still tries to share my skin and nurses a million times a night.

Apparently I slept through from 3 months. But in the baby lottery I got one who's still up a million times a night at 15 months, howls if my husband tries to do any of the overnight comforting, and has to sleep in my bed. Cheated.
Re duvet chat though - I've had slightly better sleep recently since stopping putting him in his sleeping bag and letting him under the proper covers with me. I think he snuggles up more?
Yea she hated her sleeping bag too so got her a duvet but she hates that too ......I think she hates anything sleep related tbh......as you can see sleep training and night weaning is going swimmingly 😭 my first 2 slept....shes making sure she'll forever be tye baby of the family 😂

They say to help their speech, you're supposed to repeat back the correct pronunciation of it. Not correct them, but just repeat the word back correctly as if you heard them.
But she says "Noonees" for Noodles and I think it's too cute to correct her 😂 so she may just call them Noonees forever 😂
Noonees, I might start calling them that 😂 that’s so sweet! Mr. P is Mr. Aghee to everyone in this house now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

This reminds me of months ago, who was saying they had a bragger at baby group who said their tiny baby was advanced cos they could say 'agoo'. Then someone looked it up and theres a place in the Philippines called Agoo. I think of it often when my boddler is chatting away in his own language 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This will sound so bad but there are 6 days between TMe and my friend’s son, and they are both equally “behind” so it makes me feel better 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m dreading summer as we will meet my nephew for the first time as he is 3 months younger, but from what we are told he speaks a lot and I’m so worried about comparisons being made and TMe being thought of negatively 👎🏻👎🏻
Awww I do know how you feel. And I know deep down every child is different. But as a mum and a person, I would never say 'my child does this, my child does that' because I know all children are different and I'm very aware of how i feel when other mums say to me this, and make me feel like they are comparing their children. So, like you , I worry about how people may see my child in terms of development. I think some people (well in my circle) see it as a bit of a competition when its not.
I always remember one of my mates saying to me when my son reached one and he had no teeth 'no teeth? At one?? Aren't you feeding him right? That's never right???!!' I was so upset. Now a few months later he's got that many teeth he's like a piano keyboard!
So even though I'm guilty of it, try and not let it worry you, all children are different and they all have their leaps in development at different times. Xxx

• Heart
This reminds me of months ago, who was saying they had a bragger at baby group who said their tiny baby was advanced cos they could say 'agoo'. Then someone looked it up and theres a place in the Philippines called Agoo. I think of it often when my boddler is chatting away in his own language 😂
Then they turn around and say “maybe my babies previous life was in Agoo, in the Philippines, so special 🥹” 😂
I love the Boddler language and life so much… I don’t know half the tit she’s saying, but I’m here for it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Awww I do know how you feel. And I know deep down every child is different. But as a mum and a person, I would never say 'my child does this, my child does that' because I know all children are different and I'm very aware of how i feel when other mums say to me this, and make me feel like they are comparing their children. So, like you , I worry about how people may see my child in terms of development. I think some people (well in my circle) see it as a bit of a competition when its not.
I always remember one of my mates saying to me when my son reached one and he had no teeth 'no teeth? At one?? Aren't you feeding him right? That's never right???!!' I was so upset. Now a few months later he's got that many teeth he's like a piano keyboard!
So even though I'm guilty of it, try and not let it worry you, all children are different and they all have their leaps in development at different times. Xxx
Of all the the things, I mean you have literally no control over teeth 🤦🏼‍♀️ (you have no control over any of their milestones in reality but teeth seems a particularly arbitrary thing to get competitive over).
---
Then they turn around and say “maybe my babies previous life was in Agoo, in the Philippines, so special 🥹” 😂
I love the Boddler language and life so much… I don’t know half the tit she’s saying, but I’m here for it 😂
My favourite thing is when she babbles off a sentence of absolute nonsense and then laughs hysterically while gesturing, because what she’s saying is so funny 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

Reactions: 1
What is it about the health visitor coming that instills fear in you. I’ve scrubbed the house from top to bottom and still worrying what she’ll think is something out of place.
Worst thing is she’s not here until Thursday so it’ll be a mess again by then anyway 😂

What is it about the health visitor coming that instills fear in you. I’ve scrubbed the house from top to bottom and still worrying what she’ll think is something out of place.
Worst thing is she’s not here until Thursday so it’ll be a mess again by then anyway 😂
🤣I adore my health visitor she is a 50 yr old chav with gold hoop earings and loves going to benidorm🤣literally my favourite woman🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
🤣I adore my health visitor she is a 50 yr old chav with gold hoop earings and loves going to benidorm🤣literally my favourite woman🤣
It’s a new one this time my last one was plain but nice. I’ve been that concerned they’ll check everywhere I even scrubbed the toilets 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
when is the next heath visitor appointment after one year? is it 2?
2-2.5 red book says

wanting to explore everything and be more independent
• wanting to run and climb and always being on the go
• enjoying messy play but not sharing!
starting to join up words and trying to repeat words you say. Favourite words are "NO" and "MINE!"
• enjoying books and joining in with songs and rhymes g
• liking being close to you and having cuddles and hugs
• playing with other children
• using a spoon at mealtimes and using a feeder cup
• starting to show an interest in potty training
• turning from laughter to anger very quickly, which can be hard work
S/he has got used to tooth brushing with a fluoride toothpaste. blorszuor nitextoma terito
S/he has been to the dentist.
Are her/his immunisations up to date?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.