Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone in an online mums group I’m in (we’ve been talking since we were all pregnant as in person classes weren’t on at the time) asked me this week if I thought my Boddler might have autism. 🤪 I was like no? But thanks cos now I’m obsessing over it and feeling increasingly worried.

He’s just turned 16 months and learned to walk last month. He interacts and babbles very expressively, says mama. Doesn’t have any more words really. He has quite good understanding though I think. He’s always been quite a sensitive soul (same as me 😅) and doesn’t always love noisy places but again, me neither, and he’s fine at his weekly toddler group usually.

He doesn’t point,wave Or clap. I feel like he’s just taking his time, he can follow me pointing to something, and he likes it and watches when I clap.

I just feel like I’ve gone into hyper worry mode in case I’ve missed something, not done something, not helped him enough.

I feel like if he still isn’t doing this at 18 months I should raise it with someone?

I’ve always been quite relaxed and let him do stuff in his own time but for some reason I’m now really upset and obssssing a bit over it.

By the way I know it’s not the end of the world if he was to be autistic, so please don’t take my upset the wrong way, it’s more just a worry about him having struggles I suppose. Sorry forthe long post.
Please remember every baby is different and does things in their own time 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Please remember every baby is different and does things in their own time 💙
I was quite chilled and telling myself this until someone mentioned it and then I went on a googling spree 🙄

I know I know!

Im waiting for a call back from health visitor anyway as I felt it might be worth even just discussing my anxieties and seeing what they say. Just needed somewhere to post my thoughts really!

• Heart
Someone in an online mums group I’m in (we’ve been talking since we were all pregnant as in person classes weren’t on at the time) asked me this week if I thought my Boddler might have autism. 🤪 I was like no? But thanks cos now I’m obsessing over it and feeling increasingly worried.

He’s just turned 16 months and learned to walk last month. He interacts and babbles very expressively, says mama. Doesn’t have any more words really. He has quite good understanding though I think. He’s always been quite a sensitive soul (same as me 😅) and doesn’t always love noisy places but again, me neither, and he’s fine at his weekly toddler group usually.

He doesn’t point,wave Or clap. I feel like he’s just taking his time, he can follow me pointing to something, and he likes it and watches when I clap.

I just feel like I’ve gone into hyper worry mode in case I’ve missed something, not done something, not helped him enough.

I feel like if he still isn’t doing this at 18 months I should raise it with someone?

I’ve always been quite relaxed and let him do stuff in his own time but for some reason I’m now really upset and obssssing a bit over it.

By the way I know it’s not the end of the world if he was to be autistic, so please don’t take my upset the wrong way, it’s more just a worry about him having struggles I suppose. Sorry forthe long post.
It sounds like he’s quite on track to me, he’s still so young and it’s not nice of that other mum to put that in your head!

Did you have a 12 month HV review and did they raise any concerns then?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It sounds like he’s quite on track to me, he’s still so young and it’s not nice of that other mum to put that in your head!

Did you have a 12 month HV review and did they raise any concerns then?
yes we had a 12 month review and no concerns, he was hitting all his milestones then.

It’s more the clapping / pointing thing - when I’ve googled it’s all like THIS IS A RED FLAG if he’s not doing it by now kinda thing.

it’s one of those things where you could probably put anything in and they’d say it was a red flag but I don’t know. 🤪

Has anyone dropped down to 1 pumping session per 12 hours instead of 2 and maintained supply? I’m not finding much online or on kellymom.

She usually has boob around 6-6:30 am and I pump between 10/11 and again about 4 hours later, 4x a week. And she’ll be back on boob around 6:30 pm. Sometimes she’ll sleep through the night so I’ll need to pump and will get about 200 ml. I can get maybe 100 now per session every 4 hours, mostly less than 100. The other 3 days she’s EBF.

I’m wondering if I can extend the time between pumping sessions 4x a week, EBF the other 3, and maintain my supply?

• Heart

I also have a 16 month old he doesn’t do any of that and doesn’t walk all he does from that list is the clapping and only this week started to say Mam. He has had a few surgeries so sees a lot of HCP and no one has every said there is anything wrong. Physio said just this Tuesday he still has plenty of time to do things. He sounds absolutely fine to me.

it is tit when others say things tho we get it all the time and constantly asked if he was a prem baby xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
yes we had a 12 month review and no concerns, he was hitting all his milestones then.

It’s more the clapping / pointing thing - when I’ve googled it’s all like THIS IS A RED FLAG if he’s not doing it by now kinda thing.

it’s one of those things where you could probably put anything in and they’d say it was a red flag but I don’t know. 🤪
This might sound stupid but is it worth seeing if he picks it up better from a class or tv programme? Miss Rachel on YouTube is really good for their age and my boddler has randomly learnt sign language for ‘more’ from her much to the confusion of my TV hating mum! 🤣

This might sound stupid but is it worth seeing if he picks it up better from a class or tv programme? Miss Rachel on YouTube is really good for their age and my boddler has randomly learnt sign language for ‘more’ from her much to the confusion of my TV hating mum! 🤣
just to add to this I agree my 16m old didn’t get the clapping thing until my husband did it obsessively with him.

I’ve tried to get him to watch Miss Rachel but he can’t be bothered 😅 I’m hoping he might take a bit more notice soon as i think her videos look really helpful!!

The health visitor rang back by the way, and basically said I don’t need to worry. She said some babies just take their time, and to continue playing/speaking/modelling gestures to him and he’ll probably pick it up very quickly. As he’s doing lots of other things - understanding, interacting, babbling, playing, with no issues she doesn’t think I need to be concerned at all right now. And she said not to Google any more 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve tried to get him to watch Miss Rachel but he can’t be bothered 😅 I’m hoping he might take a bit more notice soon as i think her videos look really helpful!!

The health visitor rang back by the way, and basically said I don’t need to worry. She said some babies just take their time, and to continue playing/speaking/modelling gestures to him and he’ll probably pick it up very quickly. As he’s doing lots of other things - understanding, interacting, babbling, playing, with no issues she doesn’t think I need to be concerned at all right now. And she said not to Google any more 😅
From my experience, boys are lazy with many things.
Comparing my daughter now at 18m to my son who's 10 when he was 18months, she's leaps ahead of him and she was premature too.
My eldest never really did much or said much at that age and then one morning it just came to him just as he was turning 2 and he was like a different child, he'd point, scream follow command and just generally be a chatter box 🙃

• Heart
We’re having a phase of her refusing lunch and dinner.
She’ll always eat breakfast, fruit & snacks but savoury meals aren’t being eaten.
I think she’s teething again as she’s just pouring dribble out her mouth. She was doing ok with food, not great but better and we’re gone back to refusing it again.
why do they do this to us 😂😭

• Heart
We’re having a phase of her refusing lunch and dinner.
She’ll always eat breakfast, fruit & snacks but savoury meals aren’t being eaten.
I think she’s teething again as she’s just pouring dribble out her mouth. She was doing ok with food, not great but better and we’re gone back to refusing it again.
why do they do this to us 😂😭
yeah I feel like we have one good day / one bad day with food. Teething here too I think as he doesn’t really want much at all.

trying to just look and be relaxed about it while inside thinking “how are you surviving on yoghurt and a biscuit and a mouthful of dinner!!” 😅

• Haha
yeah I feel like we have one good day / one bad day with food. Teething here too I think as he doesn’t really want much at all.

trying to just look and be relaxed about it while inside thinking “how are you surviving on yoghurt and a biscuit and a mouthful of dinner!!” 😅
Literally she has room for pudding but not dinner. Ffs

Did everyone dress their boddlers up for World Book Day? Would love to hear what they/you chose! ♥

Has anyone dropped down to 1 pumping session per 12 hours instead of 2 and maintained supply? I’m not finding much online or on kellymom.

She usually has boob around 6-6:30 am and I pump between 10/11 and again about 4 hours later, 4x a week. And she’ll be back on boob around 6:30 pm. Sometimes she’ll sleep through the night so I’ll need to pump and will get about 200 ml. I can get maybe 100 now per session every 4 hours, mostly less than 100. The other 3 days she’s EBF.

I’m wondering if I can extend the time between pumping sessions 4x a week, EBF the other 3, and maintain my supply?
It’s so tricky to know. In my experience my supply didn’t drop right down even one pump a day (ended up exclusive pumping toward the end). But I had an over supply so was getting 150/200 each side.
With my first supply dropped when I was only removing 3x a day. So hard up know for certain but if you try and see it decrease you could just add it back in?

• Heart
What age did people have their 2 year check?
My son just turned 2 & isn’t talking/ following instructions etc. wondered if I should contact health visitor or wait for the 2 year check.

What age did people have their 2 year check?
My son just turned 2 & isn’t talking/ following instructions etc. wondered if I should contact health visitor or wait for the 2 year check.
27 months it should be from, but if you are concerned, I would speak to the health visitor x

Do your boddlers wake up from naps absolutely miserable?
Every day without fail and no matter the circumstances, we have at least 20 minutes of misery. 😩😩

It’s so tricky to know. In my experience my supply didn’t drop right down even one pump a day (ended up exclusive pumping toward the end). But I had an over supply so was getting 150/200 each side.
With my first supply dropped when I was only removing 3x a day. So hard up know for certain but if you try and see it decrease you could just add it back in?
Thank you for taking the time to reply! I think I’ll see how it goes when I return to work next week. We’re combination feeding anyway since I don’t pump enough to feed her while she’s at daycare, but I’m also not ready to give up entirely. Just hoping to maximize output, if that makes sense.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.