Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@50sGirl I've had the Simba pillow for just over a month and I think it's worth every penny. It took me 3 goes to take enough of the (quite frankly cheap looking) bits of foam out but I love it!

Reactions: 1
@50sGirl I've had the Simba pillow for just over a month and I think it's worth every penny. It took me 3 goes to take enough of the (quite frankly cheap looking) bits of foam out but I love it!
I’ve not taken any out yet but think I might remove a handful at a time and see how I get on.

Thanks, but I’ve just spent £80ish pounds on a Simba pillow so right now I can’t really justify £120 on another.
I’d be interested if they work though.

The bra pillow thing is very sexy! 😆
Lol when you said simba pillow I auto thought it was a lion king pillow, I did not judge you on the price

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Odacite cryo tech facial tool is my jam. It’s a guasha with a stone that absorbs & holds cold temps. When it arrived the tool was very cold but the box and all of the packaging were room temperature 👀 🧙‍♀️ You’re meant to dip it in a glass of ice water for 10 seconds and then go to work.

I’m holding onto my last cubes of ice for an iced coffee later but the massage with just the cold from whatever chilly clime it traveled through was nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The Odacite cryo tech facial tool is my jam. It’s a guasha with a stone that absorbs & holds cold temps. When it arrived the tool was very cold but the box and all of the packaging were room temperature 👀 🧙‍♀️ You’re meant to dip it in a glass of ice water for 10 seconds and then go to work.

I’m holding onto my last cubes of ice for an iced coffee later but the massage with just the cold from whatever chilly clime it traveled through was nice.
I have to have this!❤❤

• Heart
It’s been ages since I’ve been on the device threads. I’m was wondering if we’d ever found a decent LED mask under £150? Wanting to give it a go but no way my boyfriend will stretch to the Dr Gross or even the current body one although I guess I could get a few people to put towards something like that.

But figured I’d check if anyone knew of a low cost decent one just in case.

It arrived yesterday and I used it on my chest, hands and on the top of the head (apparently it can help with hair growth and I've quite fine hair). It fitted nicely on both for me and I feel that the this and the face mask can actually over most body parts well. I've not used one of the masks yet.

I'm only in my 30s and my chest and neck aren't too bad but I'm pale and have a lot of freckles on my chest from not properly covering up when younger.

I'm trying to get back into a routine using my devices as I've not been the best at using them the last few months partially due to work being stressful and my mental health not being the best. I start a new job on Monday which requires me to leave the house by 6.30/6.45 so I'm using this week to try and get jnto a routine and get on top of cleaning my house.

I'm.planning on using the NuFace and Led masks each week day and the Sensica and my UFO on the weekends. I've also got the Espeda for breakouts.
How are you finding the Currentbody neck and décolleté LED?
The trial period is almost up and I don’t think I can see any difference so I may send it back.

I'm not sure the LED mask makes much of a difference tbh. I do use mine regularly but I don't feel that it does as much good as my NuFace. I am a bit swayed, however, by Angie (HotandFlashy) who says that she could see an improvement when she started using hers.

I continue to be optimistic about potential results from the Nira. I've been using it for 60 days now - on my upper lip - and can see an improvement. It's very quick and easy to use - probably takes less time than to brush my teeth.

It’s been ages since I’ve been on the device threads. I’m was wondering if we’d ever found a decent LED mask under £150? Wanting to give it a go but no way my boyfriend will stretch to the Dr Gross or even the current body one although I guess I could get a few people to put towards something like that.

But figured I’d check if anyone knew of a low cost decent one just in case.
I haven't used it but there is a No 7 one, you could see what the reviews are like!
---
For me LED is something I do for long term maintenance rather than dramatic results. It's not going to have the same apparent results as the Nuface but research shows that LED light helps so I stick with it

Does anyone have the curren body smooth skin pure IPL device? I have an old Philips lumea that I never properly used as it takes so long wondering if the newer devices take a lot less time to treat body parts

Does anyone have the curren body smooth skin pure IPL device? I have an old Philips lumea that I never properly used as it takes so long wondering if the newer devices take a lot less time to treat body parts
I have the smoothskin bare+ and it’s fab! I did the course last year, then that saw me most of the way through winter with a few top ups. I just stated again for summer and it’s been ten days since my top up treatment and I have about 5 hairs on each leg that look about a day’s growth. Bikini, barely worth taking a razor to again, but underarms do have about what looks like 2ish normal days growth. Would 100% recommend. I am pale with dark body hair though!

I have the smoothskin bare+ and it’s fab! I did the course last year, then that saw me most of the way through winter with a few top ups. I just stated again for summer and it’s been ten days since my top up treatment and I have about 5 hairs on each leg that look about a day’s growth. Bikini, barely worth taking a razor to again, but underarms do have about what looks like 2ish normal days growth. Would 100% recommend. I am pale with dark body hair though!
Can I ask how long roughly it takes you to do an area, eg. Full legs or lower legs if you only do that?

I never got on with the lumea as i don't have the patience for it and also with lumea you're meant to do it once every two weeks, not every week so the whole process takes longer.

Can I ask how long roughly it takes you to do an area, eg. Full legs or lower legs if you only do that?

I never got on with the lumea as i don't have the patience for it and also with lumea you're meant to do it once every two weeks, not every week so the whole process takes longer.
I just stick an episode of something on - legs are the longest as you need to let it cool down - about 30 mins with cooling time? Minutes with other areas.

I just stick an episode of something on - legs are the longest as you need to let it cool down - about 30 mins with cooling time? Minutes with other areas.
Thank you!! That's not as much difference as I thought. I might try see if I can manage using my current device consistently. I actually don't know how long it takes to do legs even as I don't think I've ever done full legs 🤣

Thank you!! That's not as much difference as I thought. I might try see if I can manage using my current device consistently. I actually don't know how long it takes to do legs even as I don't think I've ever done full legs 🤣
I know, it was so hard to be bothered with it at first as I didn’t see results as soon as I’d liked. Surprise surprise, as soon as I committed to consistency it was amazing lol

On the Nadine Baggott Facebook group there's been a few posts about Nuface and the commentary has been mostly negative. This is so surprising to me

• Sad
  • Wow
On the Nadine Baggott Facebook group there's been a few posts about Nuface and the commentary has been mostly negative. This is so surprising to me
What's the chat? I'm not on Facebook. I got my latest mini a few weeks ago and am back in love. It's so good...but consistency is key

Someone was asking if it was worth it and there were a lot of "it's not worth it" comments. I just went back and saw another comment that said it was ok, nothing spectacular, you're supposed to use it consistently for 6 weeks but I gave up after a few days. In that case it's no wonder it didn't work for some of them!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
What's the chat? I'm not on Facebook. I got my latest mini a few weeks ago and am back in love. It's so good...but consistency is key
I barely look at the NB Facebook page but I glanced the other day and someone had asked something like 'what's the most overrated beauty product?'. NB had replied saying 'devices' or maybe 'at home devices'. The chat about Nuface may have followed from that.

Five years on, I'm still using my Nuface mini every other day and think it's contributed hugely to the good quality of my skin and facial structure.

• Heart
Reactions: 7