Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well... On the plus side, it's very easy to get going with. Simple, clear instructions. Also, I think it'll be easy to get into the habit of using it - just add it as another (quick) step to your morning and/or evening skincare routine.

On the down side, I was surprised that I could feel it even on the lowest setting. Not exactly painful but heading in that direction. I'm using it on my upper lip, which is quite a sensitive area. I expect I'll be able to get up to the next level, but probably not higher than that. To compensate, I'm planning to use if morning and evening (which is permitted).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve finally charged up all my devices (I have an early Luna mini, a UFO 2 and a NuFace mini). I used them all today and I feel like a brand new person. Super tempted by the Luna body, my skin is always a disaster of ingrown hairs and strawberry skin. I guess I’ll see if I manage to keep up the NuFace usage first before I splash out on more gadgets.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve finally charged up all my devices (I have an early Luna mini, a UFO 2 and a NuFace mini). I used them all today and I feel like a brand new person. Super tempted by the Luna body, my skin is always a disaster of ingrown hairs and strawberry skin. I guess I’ll see if I manage to keep up the NuFace usage first before I splash out on more gadgets.
My aim is to work through all my face masks this year so that I can treat myself to the UFO 2 when/if it goes on offer towards the end of the year.

I love this! Since I did my kickstart at the end of the summer with mine, I’ve felt loads better in myself. Also over the festive period I’ve seen loads of people I’ve not seen since then and the compliments have been rolling in, so must be doing something right!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Well... On the plus side, it's very easy to get going with. Simple, clear instructions. Also, I think it'll be easy to get into the habit of using it - just add it as another (quick) step to your morning and/or evening skincare routine.

On the down side, I was surprised that I could feel it even on the lowest setting. Not exactly painful but heading in that direction. I'm using it on my upper lip, which is quite a sensitive area. I expect I'll be able to get up to the next level, but probably not higher than that. To compensate, I'm planning to use if morning and evening (which is permitted).
Thank you for your initial impressions. I nearly bought it (again) but not sure I can rely on it actually being in stock. I might drop CB an email and enquire.

When I first started looking into it I came across some reviews that mentioned being able to feel it, some to quite an extent. Does the sensation fade as you use it more? Is it similar to IPL for example?

I shopped at the Skin Store website. I should have run a mile when I saw that it’s part of the lookfantastic group. An item showed as $45 in my cart. I needed two. When I checked my email it showed that they changed the price at checkout !! I spoke to their customer assistance on the phone and they said to upload the picture from my email and they would include notes so the person who receives it is clued in. I didn’t get the impression that representative left any notes because the first message had no idea what the screenshot was in relation to. I’ve messaged back and forth now a total 3x. They’ve suggested it was a charge for taxes when a look at the order will show it’s not. They’ve also said it is for shipping. Shipping is free 😡 Fool on me for not heeding tattle. 😓

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Argh, argh. Help. I’ve just shaken a bottle of serum in the bathroom, and because I was in front of a mirror, I saw the jowl directly under my chin wobbling visibly. Is there anything short of actual surgery that could sort this out? I’ve gained a bit of weight over the last couple of years, have lost half a stone in the past couple of months, so I don’t know if carrying on in that direction will sort it, or if this is just a function of ageing. I feel as though my face is just sliding down into my neck 😂🔫.

It’s really, really getting me down. Please post your miracle cures immediately, thanks.

Edit: do you think fillers could do this? I’m still quite scared of thread lifts.

Last edited:
Argh, argh. Help. I’ve just shaken a bottle of serum in the bathroom, and because I was in front of a mirror, I saw the jowl directly under my chin wobbling visibly. Is there anything short of actual surgery that could sort this out? I’ve gained a bit of weight over the last couple of years, have lost half a stone in the past couple of months, so I don’t know if carrying on in that direction will sort it, or if this is just a function of ageing. I feel as though my face is just sliding down into my neck 😂🔫.

It’s really, really getting me down. Please post your miracle cures immediately, thanks.

Edit: do you think fillers could do this? I’m still quite scared of thread lifts.
I was just looking at some v chin masks after seeing them on Dr Zion’s insta 😂 apparently, some anecdotal improvement? I suffer also

Reactions: 3
Right, I’ve talked myself off the ledge now, sorry about that 😂. I’ve made an appointment for a consultation in early Feb (the first date I could get). I’ll report back if I hear anything hopeful.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I think a microcurrent or radiofrquency device could help with that?
Also, it sounds a bit gimmicky but when I have an event I use this mask to sort of temporarily de-puff and firm up my face: https://www.clarins.co.uk/v-facial-intensive-wrap/80014818.html (it's also available in a small size in this set on clearance with two others from the same range: https://www.johnlewis.com/clarins-v-shaping-facial-lift-collection-skincare-gift-set/p109245132)

Will be interested to hear what they say at your consult too!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Re nuface, I'm on my third device (mini) and had been using it 5 days/week for the last three weeks and this morning it wouldn't turn on. I only charged it last week so it has a full battery. Has anyone else had issues and had multiple devices?? Are they known for dying on users?? Ridiculous.
I had this with the new mini+, it didn’t work well at all without the app, then the app kept telling me it needed recharging around 50%, then changing to 100% charged after switching it off and on again, then just stopped working despite a full charge. I followed the charging instructions exactly when I first got it. I sent it back to Current body and got a full refund. I wonder if the new devices are having teething problems?

My plan is to wait til my old mini dies, then get a trinity+ in this years Black Friday deals (but keep an eye out to see if the same problems are common with this model too)

Currentbody LED Neck & Dec mask on offer at QVC today only.
£190 plus postage.
Includes 5 hydrogel masks.

Check cash back sites and go through those if ordering. Quidco is 4.5% for this item so it all helps. 🙂

It is currently £250 for the LED mask plus £37 for the Hydrogel masks on the Currentbody site, so it’s almost £100 saving if you but from QVC today.

Offer ends midnight tonight or earlier if it sells out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone
Currentbody LED Neck & Dec mask on offer at QVC today only.
£190 plus postage.
Includes 5 hydrogel masks.

Check cash back sites and go through those if ordering. Quidco is 4.5% for this item so it all helps. 🙂

It is currently £250 for the LED mask plus £37 for the Hydrogel masks on the Currentbody site, so it’s almost £100 saving if you but from QVC today.

Offer ends midnight tonight or earlier if it sells out.
Anyone have this. Would you recommend?

Anyone

Anyone have this. Would you recommend?
I've ordered this today to get the TSV. You can also spread the payments with QVC which I like to do for big purchases. I thought I could use this on my hands and other areas of the body which I don't think the face mask is so good for having holes in it. Not used the masks before so interested to see what they are like.

I've ordered this today to get the TSV. You can also spread the payments with QVC which I like to do for big purchases. I thought I could use this on my hands and other areas of the body which I don't think the face mask is so good for having holes in it. Not used the masks before so interested to see what they are like.
Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.
It arrived yesterday and I used it on my chest, hands and on the top of the head (apparently it can help with hair growth and I've quite fine hair). It fitted nicely on both for me and I feel that the this and the face mask can actually over most body parts well. I've not used one of the masks yet.

I'm only in my 30s and my chest and neck aren't too bad but I'm pale and have a lot of freckles on my chest from not properly covering up when younger.

I'm trying to get back into a routine using my devices as I've not been the best at using them the last few months partially due to work being stressful and my mental health not being the best. I start a new job on Monday which requires me to leave the house by 6.30/6.45 so I'm using this week to try and get jnto a routine and get on top of cleaning my house.

I'm.planning on using the NuFace and Led masks each week day and the Sensica and my UFO on the weekends. I've also got the Espeda for breakouts.

It arrived yesterday and I used it on my chest, hands and on the top of the head (apparently it can help with hair growth and I've quite fine hair). It fitted nicely on both for me and I feel that the this and the face mask can actually over most body parts well. I've not used one of the masks yet.

I'm only in my 30s and my chest and neck aren't too bad but I'm pale and have a lot of freckles on my chest from not properly covering up when younger.

I'm trying to get back into a routine using my devices as I've not been the best at using them the last few months partially due to work being stressful and my mental health not being the best. I start a new job on Monday which requires me to leave the house by 6.30/6.45 so I'm using this week to try and get jnto a routine and get on top of cleaning my house.

I'm.planning on using the NuFace and Led masks each week day and the Sensica and my UFO on the weekends. I've also got the Espeda for breakouts.
Best of luck with your new purchase, new job and new beauty routine! I bought the Dennis Gross Eyeware and Chest/Neck LED mask last year and really like them. I feel like wearing the Eyeware, just for the three minutes required each day gives me a gentle mood lift. Anything else is a bonus. I’ve become lazy with my UFO2 and Bear/Bear Mini….but you’re inspiring me to dust them off and get going with them again. Thank you!

Reactions: 4

Thank you for the review. Really helpful. I know exactly what you mean. I have some fabulous devices, all recommended from here. I have a full on job and at times that takes over. When I use them it really does make a difference. I need to work out a routine that I can stick to. That’s the hardest bit. Good luck with your new job. How exciting. Look after yourself too. Really important. Really appreciate the feedback, thank you.

Reactions: 2
Have just used my UFO again for the first time in ages and oh my god I had forgotten how amazing it makes me feel. Really need to get back into the habit of using it weekly as it honestly feels like I've been for a proper facial