Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think you're right Aude, there's a tendency on these kind of groups to go along with what the 'leader' thinks so if Nadine declares at home devices to be a scam, a lot of them will also take that view. It's the same on the Hirons group, although a million times more extreme

The Nuface has been the single best thing I've ever invested in for my skin

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm really surprised anyone thinks the NuFace is a bad device because the results are so immediate? I am really lax at using mine but when I do use it I always think 'I need to get into this more regularly'. It's not like some of the others that take ages to see any effect.

I think you're right Aude, there's a tendency on these kind of groups to go along with what the 'leader' thinks so if Nadine declares at home devices to be a scam, a lot of them will also take that view. It's the same on the Hirons group, although a million times more extreme

The Nuface has been the single best thing I've ever invested in for my skin
Agree re nuface, just a shame mine keep breaking! I'm on my 4th Mini now...maybe I'm not taking good care of them. They work so well when used consistently and I'm determined to keep it up. After two weeks my cheeks feel plumper and my eyes less droopy 🙌🏻

Reactions: 1
Speaking of NuFace, does everyone only use the official primer/gel? A friend mentioned they use some mix of snail mucin and hyaluronic acid lotion as a cheaper alternative, and I have seen some people say they use aloe vera gel but how conductive that is seems up for debate. Wondering if there are cheaper alternatives that are still effective!

I tried to use aloe vera gel once and my face reacted instantly. Never again. For a time I tried an Avene serum with an Avene spray after seeing it recommended on a blog but for me that only worked with the Foreo bear, not so much the Nuface. So I just stick with the Nuface gel

Speaking of NuFace, does everyone only use the official primer/gel? A friend mentioned they use some mix of snail mucin and hyaluronic acid lotion as a cheaper alternative, and I have seen some people say they use aloe vera gel but how conductive that is seems up for debate. Wondering if there are cheaper alternatives that are still effective!
I use ultrasound gel from Amazon 😅 it's like a fiver for two bottles. The gel that came with my device was breaking me out I think

Reactions: 3
I'm surprised anyone thinks the NuFace is a bad device - I notice a difference even if I've not used it for a while after one go. Cheap aloe vera gel seems to work for me instead of the official gel.

After reading here I’m going to try my hardest to use my Nuface regularly, I’ve charged it up in preparation.

I use my Foreo and led mask without fail but for some reason I got out of routine with the nuface and let it slide, need to change that !

I mostly use Holland & Barrett's cheapest Aloe Vera gel with my NuFace. I've used other types of Aloe Vera gel - including from the H&B Dr Organics range - but they've been a bit irritating.

If I want to use something that doesn't have to be washed off, I'll use any old serum that I'm happy to use up - currently Hado Labo Lotion No 1 or Elemis Marine Moisture Essence. If I use a serum rather than a gel I need to apply quite a lot and/or keep it moist with a water spray.

I’m giving myself the task of using my Foreo devices regularly again. I have a UFO2, Bear and Bear Mini. I noticed through their app that Foreo have brought out an LED mask and also an IPL machine. Exciting times ahead!!!

Reactions: 4
You have all probs heard of this but I really recommend gua sha - it’s good for lymphatic drainage and making your face feel less puffy/more lifted. I can see the difference between the sides I have and haven’t done halfway through

it also helps with congestion, like I’m mildly allergic to cats/get hayfever and after exposure I feel less bunged up after I’ve done a gua sha routine. It’s just a face massage tool at the end of the day but they’re so cheap it’s nbd purchasing one

I'm due to report back on the Nira which I've been using since the beginning of the year - but I keep putting it off because I'm still not sure what I think of it.

The Nira was approved - in the US - for treating under-eye wrinkles but it can be used for other small areas elsewhere. You're supposed to use it daily and to see results in 90 days. It's very quick and easy to use.

I've been using it only on my upper lip lines. For the first three months I used it twice a day (which is permitted) but have recently dropped back to once a day. I think there might have been a slight, but not really significant, improvement. Overall, I'd say I was disappointed with the results.

One unexpected downside I found was that I became too noticing of my upper lip lines - looking daily to see if they'd improved or not. Clearly, not a great idea.

Angie (HotandFlashy) is still enthusiastic about the Nira. She has a recent video comparing and contrasting the three devices she regularly uses: NuFace, LED mask and the Nira. If she had to recommend just one, she says she'd recommend the LED mask.

You have all probs heard of this but I really recommend gua sha - it’s good for lymphatic drainage and making your face feel less puffy/more lifted. I can see the difference between the sides I have and haven’t done halfway through

it also helps with congestion, like I’m mildly allergic to cats/get hayfever and after exposure I feel less bunged up after I’ve done a gua sha routine. It’s just a face massage tool at the end of the day but they’re so cheap it’s nbd purchasing one
Hello! New to this thread 👋🏼 I just recently got one as a freebie in an order and watched a really good video someone shared on here. I’m a bit confused as to when to use it though? Surely if I do it after I’ve applied my serum and moisturiser, it’s just going to take it off (waste of product). I know you need something on your skin to help it glide but I’ve no idea what to use so if you have any tips please share. Always scared of oils because I’m worried I’ll react or break out.

Hello! New to this thread 👋🏼 I just recently got one as a freebie in an order and watched a really good video someone shared on here. I’m a bit confused as to when to use it though? Surely if I do it after I’ve applied my serum and moisturiser, it’s just going to take it off (waste of product). I know you need something on your skin to help it glide but I’ve no idea what to use so if you have any tips please share. Always scared of oils because I’m worried I’ll react or break out.
If you don't want to leave oil on your skin you could use it with a cleansing oil, which will then get washed off before the rest of your routine?

I use mine with a face oil in bed, a while after my serum and moisturiser have sunk in.

I do it at night with an oil, but I wash the oil off and then apply the rest of my skincare routine 🙂 usually do the massage whilst watching Netflix or something. If I use too many oils I find my skin breaks out but doing it this way moisturises it nicely. Am def not an expert though - just stumbled into something that works for me

If you don't want to leave oil on your skin you could use it with a cleansing oil, which will then get washed off before the rest of your routine?

I use mine with a face oil in bed, a while after my serum and moisturiser have sunk in.
I do it at night with an oil, but I wash the oil off and then apply the rest of my skincare routine 🙂 usually do the massage whilst watching Netflix or something. If I use too many oils I find my skin breaks out but doing it this way moisturises it nicely. Am def not an expert though - just stumbled into something that works for me
Thank you both! Think I will try the cleansing oil a go and then wash it off and apply my creams. I need to go to the skincare thread because I need a whole overhaul.

Reactions: 2
Thank you both! Think I will try the cleansing oil a go and then wash it off and apply my creams. I need to go to the skincare thread because I need a whole overhaul.
I do mine with a layer of my balm cleanser then when I add the water for rinsing I sort of massage it also, then you’re good to go for serum/moisturiser etc. I’ve already either taken makeup off or have none on, obvs not massaging dirt and makeup in 😂

• Haha
Oh yeah, def don’t massage the grime in 😂 a bit counterproductive in a skincare regimen. You should wash your face first 100%. The main thing aside from that is it has to be able to glide without snagging/pulling

• Haha
  • Heart