Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have just used my UFO again for the first time in ages and oh my god I had forgotten how amazing it makes me feel. Really need to get back into the habit of using it weekly as it honestly feels like I've been for a proper facial
New year, new self care routines šŸ’…šŸ»

I also got my first BIAB manicure nearly two weeks ago as my nails just break so easily. My auntie swears by Sillica complex so I've started taking that too.

Reactions: 3
Have just used my UFO again for the first time in ages and oh my god I had forgotten how amazing it makes me feel. Really need to get back into the habit of using it weekly as it honestly feels like I've been for a proper facial
Mine has just broken :( The heat/cold settings aren't working. Felt gutted that I wasted a mask yesterday! Massaged it in but it wasn't the same. I need to contact them and hope they'll fix it. Think it's verrrry nearly out of it's 2 year guaranteešŸ˜¬

• Sad
I took out my UFO2 this morning, determined to give it a whirl! Iā€™m in ā€œcost cuttingā€ mode at the momentā€¦and hadnā€™t replenished my Foreo masks stash since running out of them before Christmas. Instead, I used a cheap n cheerful sheet mask from a multipack I had bought ages ago in TK Maxx. I ran the UFO over it (just selecting one of Foreoā€™s own sheet mask settings) and I felt like a supermodel all day after using it! My skin looked lovely and my makeup sat really well on my face afterwards! I do intend buying more Foreo masks again later this year, but until that happens I will continue to use the off brand variety as an economical treat!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I've been terrible with my devices for ages now. I've had a little bit of botox and I'd forgotten how good it is.

Reactions: 4
Well... On the plus side, it's very easy to get going with. Simple, clear instructions. Also, I think it'll be easy to get into the habit of using it - just add it as another (quick) step to your morning and/or evening skincare routine.

On the down side, I was surprised that I could feel it even on the lowest setting. Not exactly painful but heading in that direction. I'm using it on my upper lip, which is quite a sensitive area. I expect I'll be able to get up to the next level, but probably not higher than that. To compensate, I'm planning to use if morning and evening (which is permitted).
Just to say that I'm getting on well with the Nira which I've been using on my upper lip for 40 days now.

I was very cautious at first because, as soon as I started using it, I had the sudden realisation that it could trigger a cold sore. I took a preventative course of Acyclovir and was fine. Over a couple of weeks I progressed from level 1 to level 4 (of 5) and to using it twice a day. It is, by a mile, the quickest and easiest of the three devices I use (NuFace mini, LED mask, Nira). Takes about a minute. No gel.

Is it making a difference? I think it might be. They say it takes 90 days.

Reactions: 5
Run don't walk. Currentbody has reduced the Sensica Sensilift Mini Skin Tightening Device from Ā£179 to Ā£108. I've had my eye on it for a while after my 3rd nuface mini died on me so I couldn't buy it fast enough! Like the fact it's a once a week thing rather than 5 days/week!
Anyway thought I would share the love!

• Heart
I've had the Foreo Luna 3 sensitive for years and have only ever really used the cleanser function. Last night I decided to use the massage function, the programme I selected was a 4 minute contour. I could swear it made an instant difference. I've now set myself a challenge of doing a massage every night for 30 days

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I've had the Foreo Luna 3 sensitive for years and have only ever really used the cleanser function. Last night I decided to use the massage function, the programme I selected was a 4 minute contour. I could swear it made an instant difference. I've now set myself a challenge of doing a massage every night for 30 days
Oh you disappoint me! Surely you know that all you need is Hypocrite Hirons ā€œComfort Box?ā€ šŸ˜œ
Iā€™ll see myself outā€¦ šŸ˜³

• Haha
Omg itā€™s been 2 days since I could breath through my nose but this sorted me out so nicely šŸ˜Š I did three different massages ā€” the face contour, eye contour, and mouth.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Angie has uploaded her review after using the Nira for 5 months.
I love her reviews!
Has anyone else seen good results from theirs?

Reactions: 1
Angie has uploaded her review after using the Nira for 5 months.
I love her reviews!
Has anyone else seen good results from theirs?

It's a glowing review from Angie and there are other positive reviews in the comments on her video. I've been using mine for around 40 days, so too early to see results but I agree with her that it's very quick and easy to use.

It's a glowing review from Angie and there are other positive reviews in the comments on her video. I've been using mine for around 40 days, so too early to see results but I agree with her that it's very quick and easy to use.
Thanks Aude. Can you use it on the ā€œelevensā€ or the neck or dĆ©colletĆ©? Angie didnā€™t mention using it there.

The Nira and UFO are now on this years wishlist.šŸ˜³

Jury is still out on the Currentbody neck and dĆ©colletĆ© LED mask. I love their face mask but Iā€™d forgotten that I donā€™t like anything around my neck (canā€™t even wear polo/roll necks). šŸ˜¬ However, if it works hopefully Iā€˜d get used to it.

Not electronic, but Iā€™ve just started using a Jade gua shua on my face and neck.

Thanks Aude. Can you use it on the ā€œelevensā€ or the neck or dĆ©colletĆ©? Angie didnā€™t mention using it there.

The Nira and UFO are now on this years wishlist.šŸ˜³

Jury is still out on the Currentbody neck and dĆ©colletĆ© LED mask. I love their face mask but Iā€™d forgotten that I donā€™t like anything around my neck (canā€™t even wear polo/roll necks). šŸ˜¬ However, if it works hopefully Iā€˜d get used to it.

Not electronic, but Iā€™ve just started using a Jade gua shua on my face and neck.
My understanding is that the Nira can be used pretty well anywhere (not on the eyelids obvs). It does though have a small head so suited to small areas such as undereye or upper lip.

I'd say it was fine for the 'elevens' - although the lines there can be deep, possibly too deep to get much of a result. Botox is brilliant for that area.

It's not really suited for larger areas such as the dƩcolletƩ - but could be good for treating one or two specific lines on the dƩcolletƩ. Nira makes another model with a larger head, called Nira Pro Laser, for treating larger areas. If I get a good result from the original Nira I might get the Nira Pro too.
---

I don't know anything about this, but Kate Moss had one in her bag when she did a 'what's in my bag' video recently for Vogue. Made me think I should look into it.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the Nira can be used pretty well anywhere (not on the eyelids obvs). It does though have a small head so suited to small areas such as undereye or upper lip.

I'd say it was fine for the 'elevens' - although the lines there can be deep, possibly too deep to get much of a result. Botox is brilliant for that area.

It's not really suited for larger areas such as the dƩcolletƩ - but could be good for treating one or two specific lines on the dƩcolletƩ. Nira makes another model with a larger head, called Nira Pro Laser, for treating larger areas. If I get a good result from the original Nira I might get the Nira Pro too.
Thank you for replying. Iā€™ve really only got a ā€œoneā€ between my eyes at the moment (Iā€™m not much of a frowner) and for my dĆ©colletĆ© I have one line down the middle - Iā€™m a front/side sleeper which makes things worse - hence having a ā€œoneā€ on the side I sleep on! Iā€™m trying so hard to sleep on my back but itā€™s not so comfortable.

I donā€™t want to go the Botox root tbh. Just never appealed to me hence trying the gadgets.

@50sGirl there's a pillow I'm going to get at some stage called the sleep glow pillow, the way it's shaped means that you don't smush your face into the pillow if you're a side sleeper (like me). I tried sleeping on my front but it's not going to happen as it makes me snore.
---

It's this one!

Has anyone has any successful experience using IPL in-salon treatments or at hope laser light therapy etc for rosacea?

@50sGirl there's a pillow I'm going to get at some stage called the sleep glow pillow, the way it's shaped means that you don't smush your face into the pillow if you're a side sleeper (like me). I tried sleeping on my front but it's not going to happen as it makes me snore.
---

It's this one!

Thanks, but Iā€™ve just spent Ā£80ish pounds on a Simba pillow so right now I canā€™t really justify Ā£120 on another.
Iā€™d be interested if they work though.

The bra pillow thing is very sexy! šŸ˜†

• Haha