Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a shampoo for greasy hair please?

I go through phases but the last few months I shower in the morning and by 3pm my hair is greasy! It's fine hair but I'm 30+ so should have grown out of it by now!!
How often do you wash your hair? If you overwash, it can contribute to more oil being produced. Try and cut down on hair washing (twice a week maybe) and see how you get on! I like Ouai Detox shampoo to give a good clean, that way you hair should feel cleaner for longer.

I go through phases but the last few months I shower in the morning and by 3pm my hair is greasy! It's fine hair but I'm 30+ so should have grown out of it by now!!
Do you think you might be touching it a lot during the day? It could be that making it look greasy, especially if you use hand creams etc. Mine is fine and looks a flat greasy mess the next morning so I just wash it every morning, I'm so used to it that I can't start the day without doing it now. I used to think I was doing damage to my hair, but according to Emma Guns, who sees a trichologist at Phillip Kingsley, it's actually fine to wash it daily in much the same way you would wash your face daily.

Reactions: 3
They sent me an email this morning - pressure tactics 😂 I still haven’t made my mind up yet.
Yep I dithered too. Then succumbed. Looking forward to seeing if it makes a difference. In particular my badly behaved hair!

Reactions: 3

I really like the Kevin Murphy Maxi wash. I use it once a week to remove build-up and it has definitely helped with the grease levels! I think generally I end up washing my hair three times a week & the other two washes I use an Oribe shampoo for colour-treated hair.

Bumble & Bumble does a good Detox shampoo too!

Reactions: 1
I bought the Reduit Uni! With the precision conditioner, shine diffusion and colour protect. I need a hair device, I don't think I'll be using the skin pods tbf.

Reactions: 4
Yes, let us know the LED mask results!!

DAE find their hair looks lovely on day 1/2 but then loses its shine over the next few days? I’m pretty sure my hair is high porosity. I’m wondering if the uni would help with this 🤔

Might sound odd but are you washing it properly? Many people don't.
You should be scrubbing the scalp to clean the oil away, not the hair. Many people just rub the hair and not actually their scalp. There are good YouTube videos on it.

How was it?
I really liked it! I wasn’t expecting it to be touching my face when I’d looked at it online so at first I was like this feels unusual almost but it was nice to just kind of sit with it on for 10 mins. It says 3-5 times a week, how often are people using it? I’m only in my late 20s 😂 Does anyone use the hydrogel mask?
How quickly do you expect to see results after using an LED mask? How long did you leave it in for?
I think it said 4 weeks on the website for results!! It goes on for 10 mins and turns off by itself 😄

I use mine every 2-3 days but mine takes 20 minutes! If it was less I'd use it every day maybe. I buy the Simple Hydrogel masks when they're on offer and use them maybe once every 5 treatments

Reactions: 2
I use my LED mask every weekday morning. Quickly wash my face with water or wash it properly if I feel greasy. Mask for ten minutes and then continue with skincare and makeup whilst listening to a podcast. I don't use anything with my mask.

Reactions: 2
I use mine every 2-3 days but mine takes 20 minutes! If it was less I'd use it every day maybe. I buy the Simple Hydrogel masks when they're on offer and use them maybe once every 5 treatments
How come yours takes 20 mins? Would you recommend the hydrogel masks?
I use my LED mask every weekday morning. Quickly wash my face with water or wash it properly if I feel greasy. Mask for ten minutes and then continue with skincare and makeup whilst listening to a podcast. I don't use anything with my mask.
Ah how lovely! I’m out tomorrow evening so I might use it in the morning before I log on for work as I was thinking like every other night/2-3 days 🥰

The device I have (Aduro) takes 20 minutes! Wish I had one that takes less time. I think the hydrogel masks are a nice to have rather than an absolute essential, if I ran out I wouldn't be panicking or anything

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.