Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This sounds extremely tempting 😁 Do you have the Prestige or a different model?
It's the Lumea SC1999, just looked and it's not available anymore so there must be newer models, I bought it in 2018.

Yep I had the Lumea but I found it really heavy and slow, did get results from it but I just couldn’t be bothered with the effort so it sat in its box. Love the Smoothskin Pure it’s a lot quicker and I’ve had fantastic results from it!
It is a total b&llache to do I will be honest! I'm glad I did but if there's an easier option then definitely do that.

Reactions: 2
Thank you that’s what I thought. They also recommended the silk’n infinity which does say for all hair colours but I’m very sceptical and there’s no money back guarantee. My daughter has pcos and I wanted to help her.
Also a redhead who would love permanent hair removal on my legs. I haven't had a wax in nearly 18 months 😩
@Libertine1975 and @SqualorVictoria what are the main differences in the sensilift and a nuface or bear? Does the radio frequency RF work differently from the microcurrents and thus give a different result?

Hadn’t heard of the sensilift before!
I found out about the Sensilift from Fionas50life on Instagram. As @SqualorVictoria says it is supposed to help collagen production whilst the NuFace is mircrocurrent which stimulates the muscles (like a a Slendertone but for your face).

The NuFace will definately give you instant gratification but I think the Sensilift will give results long term. I'm in my early 30s but your collagen production starts decreasing from your mid-20s.

Reactions: 5
Well you guys twisted my arm (didn’t take much!) and I just purchased the Foreo UFO 2. Weirdly it showed as the price for the original one on John Lewis, so I purchased it there... not sure if it will be the 2 that actually shows up but either way I’m happy to have the device!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Brilliant news, you'll love it! What masks did you order?
I just got the Glow Addict, Youth Junkie and H20 one to start with.

I’m very excited. Even if it doesn’t have a hugely noticeable effect on my skin, I think I just really enjoy the ritual of things like this. It’s like a little treat.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh god, do I want a Sensilift?

My skin is really happy these days and I’m using my UFO 2 a lot. It’s pretty relaxing and nice.

• Heart
Long time lurker here! I have a Nuface mini which I love and am definitely seeing results after using 5x a week for a month. Question: can anyone recommend a cheap gel (or whatever formula does the same job) to use it with? I'm using the Inkey List Collagen serum which is fine but it only comes in a 30ml bottle and I fairly slather it on. I wonder if aloe vera gel would work?

I think (?) the consensus from the first thread is that aloe vera works really well for some people but can be a bit burny for others.

The Luna Mini 2 paired with cerave hydrating cleanser has changed the game for me 🤩🤩🤩 originally used it with an acne cleanser but it massive massive dried my skin out and it got really flaky which is unusual for me. Left it to sort itself out then wapped to the hydrating cleanser and omggg🤯 my skin feels and looks so nice and glowy!! I use the acne cleanser once a week just to help keep it at bay. Absolutely obsessed!

I have got a huge rash on my legs from a body scrub that I’ve had a reaction to🙄 hopefully it clears up by Thursday or I’ll have to postpone my IPL treatment.

Reactions: 4
Once it's all cleared up, switch to those Korean exfoliating mitts we all bought a few months ago!

Reactions: 5
I need the hookup @rosemarina - is it the Italian cloth? I missed the hype and couldn’t find the posts despite searching 😂❤

I’m about to treat myself to a new cleanser as the many layers of spf need something more robust than my current. I’m intrigued by a Luna after the sheer calibre of ufo!!

also being influenced by an ipl device. Defo think I will get a nuface fix and NOW thanks to you guys also, having a think about a sensilift ❤😂😂

Reactions: 3
They're these. So good, and you can use them multiple times, so you could split a pack with a friend and they'd still last ages. (If you search here for "Korean mitt" you'll see how many people love them.) I didn't recommend them initially, it was a user who has now changed their name, but they're so good.

Amazon product

• Heart
I made an order at current body for an IPl device and the clicked over here to see everyone chatting about them! Went for the SmoothSkin Pure (...and a Foreo Luna Mini 3 :LOL:)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They're these. So good, and you can use them multiple times, so you could split a pack with a friend and they'd still last ages. (If you search here for "Korean mitt" you'll see how many people love them.) I didn't recommend them initially, it was a user who has now changed their name, but they're so good.

Amazon product
Amazing, I’ll have a look - thank you!! A good exfoliator is needed now fake tan season is upon us🤣

Well you guys twisted my arm (didn’t take much!) and I just purchased the Foreo UFO 2. Weirdly it showed as the price for the original one on John Lewis, so I purchased it there... not sure if it will be the 2 that actually shows up but either way I’m happy to have the device!
I bought mine from John Lewis for that price and it was the 2 that arrived :)

• Heart
I think (?) the consensus from the first thread is that aloe vera works really well for some people but can be a bit burny for others.
Yes, that's my recollection too. Curiously, I'm fine with some brands of aloe vera gel but not others.

Another alternative is just a general conductive gel. Amazon seems to have a few, cheap, options. I've tried the one by Kaeso Beauty and it was fine.

Reactions: 1
I received an email from Nuface the other day that said usin over gels wouldn’t give the same effect as theirs helps the current to go deeper or something like that. I’ll attach what I received. I feel like it’s probably a marketing thing though, they want people to buy their gels and keep buying them.
31F1C303-5CE1-4E42-8790-D16EE4A481FD.jpeg

7C435C2F-3339-44DD-88C4-51D0047A3582.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I love youth junkie, h2overdose and the Bulgarian rose. They’re my top 3 so far. I also have make my day, glow addict and call it a night. I think make my day breaks me out! But I like glow and the night one.
Ah, I used the make my day mask last week and my skin broke out and now I know why! My skin has looked amazing since using the UFO, so I was gutted to have a break out 🙄 I won’t use that one again. I did think when using the mask that it had a strong chemical smell!

I received an email from Nuface the other day that said usin over gels wouldn’t give the same effect as theirs helps the current to go deeper or something like that. I’ll attach what I received. I feel like it’s probably a marketing thing though, they want people to buy their gels and keep buying them.
I don't doubt that NuFace needs a conductive gel but I think it's misleading if it's being suggested that you'd get a better result with the NuFace conductive gel compared with another type of conductive gel.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.