Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby botox for forehead (I hate myself for this but nothing works as perfectly)

Dyson Airwrap (changed my life)

Verrrry controversial but honestly I’d put a dry body brush as my third. Daily dry body brushing completely transformed my skin (got rid of the KP on my arms, made it soft as hell and smoothed out the back of my thighs. I’m convinced it’s also improved my lymphatic drainage, although I do a lot of massage for that and regularly use a jade body comb too as I’m a bit obsessed)

Honourable mention to my Magnitone Lift Off. I think it’s too early to get too excited about the Foreo UFO 2 since I’ve only had it about 10 hours!
Oh god not sure why I asked now, I'll be bankrupt soon 🤭

What is baby botox? Is this the Sali Hughes weak dilute? I don't want my eyebrows migrating up my forehead.

How did the airwrap change your life? I am feeling depressed today about the general state of myself, especially my hair. It's not that bad but i started going grey as a teenager :confused: so now it needs regular colouring. I've been using box dyes, much to the horror of my hairdresser, but it needs doing so frequently I can't justify the cost of them doing it and tbh it's difficult to find the time to go with children and work. It's looking really dry which it never did before and the ends are going orange 😑 I dye it brown, but only on the roots otherwise the ends go black... so now the ends look orange. I wish I could go blonder but I've got such dark colouring and practically black eyebrows, it'd look totally wrong!

Reactions: 3

What is baby botox? Is this the Sali Hughes weak dilute? I don't want my eyebrows migrating up my forehead.

How did the airwrap change your life? I am feeling depressed today about the general state of myself, especially my hair. It's not that bad but i started going grey as a teenager :confused: so now it needs regular colouring. I've been using box dyes, much to the horror of my hairdresser, but it needs doing so frequently I can't justify the cost of them doing it and tbh it's difficult to find the time to go with children and work. It's looking really dry which it never did before and the ends are going orange 😑 I dye it brown, but only on the roots otherwise the ends go black... so now the ends look orange. I wish I could go blonder but I've got such dark colouring and practically black eyebrows, it'd look totally wrong!
For me it’s everything I need in one place with ALOT less heat damage. I have long thick hair and I can dry it and style it in around 15 Mins. Hair is much healthier ainxw owning it. I’m very obsessive with my hair so I’d say invest in good conditioner and hair masks etc. Maybe also look for an at he hairdresser they are busy as good and you aren’t paying salon prices

Yeah, I’m calling it baby botox because I do only have a very small amount spread across lots of points in the forehead (less than 10 units total - normal botox is about 25), and I go as long as possible between appointments to allow it to wear off, which helps avoid any disasters. It’s nothing like Sali Hughes as I can still move my forehead! It just smoothes it out in a way that nothing else can. I’m quite self-conscious about my forehead wrinkles as they’re really the only wrinkles I have.

I do recommend it but you have to find a REALLY good practioner. That makes all the difference.

The Dyson Airwrap was life changing for me as I have naturally curly hair. It used to be in terrible condition but I did the full Curly Girl Method for two years, and got it super healthy. Only problem was that I loathe my natural curls - they just don’t suit me! I didn’t want to go back to straightening it, as that’s what killed it in the first place. The Dyson Airwrap gave me a healthier alternative - less heat and less time spent drying and styling my hair, therefore much less damage. I don’t need straighteners to get it straight, and it’s also SO quick.

I still follow the CGM loosely (no parabens, no sillicones, minimal sulphates, always use my fave hair masks and oils), but I wear it straight or wavy thanks to the Dyson Airwrap. I actually finally have healthy hair that looks good!

I just want to say, please try not to feel down about yourself. I know all too well what it’s like to feel crap about your appearance (I’m sure most of us do). We’re always harsher on ourselves than others are, and I bet you look beautiful.

You don’t necessarily need to spend loads of money and time on all this - things like facial massage, dry body brushing and just drinking more water are all brilliant. Maybe look into some good hair masks for your hair? They don’t need to be expensive. I have no advice about dyeing as I try to avoid it (might have to start doing it again soon though as the odd grey is poking through).

Reactions: 6
Yeah, I’m calling it baby botox because I do only have a very small amount spread across lots of points in the forehead (less than 10 units total - normal botox is about 25), and I go as long as possible between appointments to allow it to wear off, which helps avoid any disasters. It’s nothing like Sali Hughes as I can still move my forehead! It just smoothes it out in a way that nothing else can. I’m quite self-conscious about my forehead wrinkles as they’re really the only wrinkles I have.

I do recommend it but you have to find a REALLY good practioner. That makes all the difference.

The Dyson Airwrap was life changing for me as I have naturally curly hair. It used to be in terrible condition but I did the full Curly Girl Method for two years, and got it super healthy. Only problem was that I loathe my natural curls - they just don’t suit me! I didn’t want to go back to straightening it, as that’s what killed it in the first place. The Dyson Airwrap gave me a healthier alternative - less heat and less time spent drying and styling my hair, therefore much less damage. I don’t need straighteners to get it straight, and it’s also SO quick.

I still follow the CGM loosely (no parabens, no sillicones, minimal sulphates, always use my fave hair masks and oils), but I wear it straight or wavy thanks to the Dyson Airwrap. I actually finally have healthy hair that looks good!

I just want to say, please try not to feel down about yourself. I know all too well what it’s like to feel crap about your appearance (I’m sure most of us do). We’re always harsher on ourselves than others are, and I bet you look beautiful.

You don’t necessarily need to spend loads of money and time on all this - things like facial massage, dry body brushing and just drinking more water are all brilliant. Maybe look into some good hair masks for your hair? They don’t need to be expensive. I have no advice about dyeing as I try to avoid it (might have to start doing it again soon though as the odd grey is poking through).
Same for me with the airwrap I just find my hair being naturally curly too much maintenance too

Reactions: 1
@Lanavalentine I've started using an Elemis body brush. I was using a Jade body comb and loved it but the thing smashed after I dropped it on the bathroom floor and I'm too afraid to replace it because it's expensive and I'm terrified the same thing will happen again. Annoying!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
If you had to pick 3 gadgets/beauty devices/procedures and that was it for the rest of forever 😄 what would they be?
Of procedures/devices I already have/use:
Botox
Filler
NuFace

If money no object, I'd be interested in trying the LYMA laser (£2,000 plus £100 monthly).

@Lanavalentine I've started using an Elemis body brush. I was using a Jade body comb and loved it but the thing smashed after I dropped it on the bathroom floor and I'm too afraid to replace it because it's expensive and I'm terrified the same thing will happen again. Annoying!
I was using this exact brush and my (admittedly not terrible) cellulite totally went away. However, I now have some broken veins on the back of one leg so I have stopped using it as apparently body brushing isn't a good thing to do on broken veins...not sure if it caused it or if I'd have gotten them anyway. I'm thinking that perhaps a dimply massager thingy might be ok to try with the veins. I'd like to do something as the cellulite is back (and some) now ☹ at some point I'll get the veins fixed but I feel really icky about that for some reason so need to pluck up the courage first

So, Current Body order made on the 22nd, arrived this morning on the 26th (over a weekend!) Very impressed. I'm thinking they must have an Australian warehouse to be that fast?
Will give the SmoothSkin Pure a go tonight after I shave my legs (I will be glad to stop shaving soon!) and report back!

Reactions: 7
Last night I used my Luna, bear and ufo2 rose mask! They are such a good combo for a pamper night. Also used my Philips lumea on my legs for the first time in years... Actually didn't take as long as I remember so will stick with that rather than buying a more modern version.

Loving the air wrap reviews, I really wanted to try one, even more when I found out that they have a hairdryer attachment and it's basically the only tool you need, my hair is past my shoulders , fine-ish and naturally curly if I do CG method on it , hate that I use heat on it so often, I have cut down loads in the last year and noticed a huge difference in my hair health!

Reactions: 8
Last night I used my Luna, bear and ufo2 rose mask! They are such a good combo for a pamper night. Also used my Philips lumea on my legs for the first time in years... Actually didn't take as long as I remember so will stick with that rather than buying a more modern version.

Loving the air wrap reviews, I really wanted to try one, even more when I found out that they have a hairdryer attachment and it's basically the only tool you need, my hair is past my shoulders , fine-ish and naturally curly if I do CG method on it , hate that I use heat on it so often, I have cut down loads in the last year and noticed a huge difference in my hair health!
I hate to be a killjoy but it's not a good idea to use the UFO masks with the bear as they often contain oils :( I remember looking into this when I first got the bear. You need a water based serum for the microcurrent on the bear to work

I tried the Dyson Airwrap when it first came out, and I really wanted to like it, but my hair is just too limp. It looked great for about 5 minutes, and then all the style just dropped out, no matter what product I used with it. I was able to return it for a full refund, thank goodness.

I hate to be a killjoy but it's not a good idea to use the UFO masks with the bear as they often contain oils :( I remember looking into this when I first got the bear. You need a water based serum for the microcurrent on the bear to work
I used the foreo serum with the bear then 20-30 mins later after I had used my lumea I used the ufo2,

So, Current Body order made on the 22nd, arrived this morning on the 26th (over a weekend!) Very impressed. I'm thinking they must have an Australian warehouse to be that fast?
Will give the SmoothSkin Pure a go tonight after I shave my legs (I will be glad to stop shaving soon!) and report back!
Really looking forwards to your reports! I’m currently sporting a 70s style bush (sorry if TMI) and I really want to get away from waxing and shaving etc etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I tried the Dyson Airwrap when it first came out, and I really wanted to like it, but my hair is just too limp. It looked great for about 5 minutes, and then all the style just dropped out, no matter what product I used with it. I was able to return it for a full refund, thank goodness.
I've found the best way for me to use it (I have fine hair mid length hair) is if I use mousse, then blast it a bit with the dryer thingy, then use the barrels right up to to the root first, kind of like I'm doing some kind of shampoo and set if that makes sense? I do that all over (but being careful not to curl over my parting but around so that when it's done it parts where I want it), spray it with some Elnett, then get dressed so it can set a bit. Often, it's dropped enough by the time I've finished faffing around but if not I tease the curls out with my fingers and then go back in with barrels as I've got a bit volume for once then but it's not curled how I like it. Then I give another spray of Elnett. I know my method sounds weird but it works for me 😂 and the curl and volume does last all day. I don't really bother with the two brushes as they make my hair too smooth and it goes flat. But I love it with the barrels and if it broke I would be straight out to buy another.

Reactions: 5
I bought the 20mm barrels. Absolutely changed the hold of the curl, I just wish they’d sell it in the kit as a lot of people have limp hair that won’t hold the 30mm or 40mm curl.

To help with fine lines and generally slowing the tide of ageing, should I prioritise a NuFace or an LED mask? I can afford them both by the end of the year, but can only afford to buy one now and one in about 6 months.

I don’t have any particular other skin concerns, I’d just like to look good for my age as I get older.

Hello all

So I have been reading everyone talk about the foreo so I bought a ufo2 from john lewis and a luna play play smart 2 also bought the masks h2overdose, youth junkie and the cannabis one I like the one that came with the ufo I cant beleive how good my skin looks

• Heart
Reactions: 11
To help with fine lines and generally slowing the tide of ageing, should I prioritise a NuFace or an LED mask? I can afford them both by the end of the year, but can only afford to buy one now and one in about 6 months.

I don’t have any particular other skin concerns, I’d just like to look good for my age as I get older.
I got the Current Body LED mask for my birthday in March and would highly recommend it. I have a NuFace but never use it but I use the mask at least five times a week.

ETA to add I also got the Pure Skin IPL as well. Too early to see results but it is SO quick and easy to use.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.