Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to try those next.

I think the coconut mask might be giving me spots. Coconut things often do so I know it was a risk, but it’s a lovely mask, so that’s unfortunate.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Used my Tripollar Pose for the second time last night. I didn't have any cord connection issues this time round. And I've discovered that you have to move the device slowly or it takes longer for the orange light to come on.

I might be optimistic or just willing it to work but I do feel my stomach is a bit tighter. That could also be what I'm eating though.

Look forward to using it on Friday. Also discovered after I'd used it that there's a spatula to spread the gel, this will be helpful as the gel is incredibly sticky, way stickier than the NuFace gel.

Reactions: 3
Am on a devices roll, decided to dust off my Aduro and start using it again though this time I'll stick with the red/infrared, I think trying to choose which colour to use was off putting and that's why I stopped using it. Plus there's probably no benefit in chopping and changing between the colours.

Just got some cheap Simple hydrogel masks on offer to use with it

Reactions: 6
How’s everybody doing? I’m still loving the UFO2.

I have to admit I’ve completely stopped using the NuFace for a couple of weeks now. It seems like such a faff. I know I need to get back on the horse, though.

Reactions: 10

I have to admit I’ve completely stopped using the NuFace for a couple of weeks now. It seems like such a faff. I know I need to get back on the horse, though.
The UFO has made a HUGE difference to my skin. I love it. I used a rose mask last night in preparation for an after school garden party today and my skin looked great despite the fact I'd been up approximately 15 times in the night dealing with little people's various ailments. I am so tempted by the NuFace... is it worth it? I'm 38 and sick of my forehead wrinkles (just got a humongous fringe cut in so that's less of a concern now :ROFLMAO: ) It really shocked me how much the UFO actually improved my skin tone, hydration, red marks etc when I'd spent loads of money on skincare that claimed to do the same but actually did relatively little. I'm all aboard the skincare gadget train now.
🚂 Choo choo!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've been a bit bold, have been enjoying the Tripollar pose so on the back of that I ordered the Sensilift Mini (also inspired by @Libertine1975 ). It was between that and the Tripollar stop, I went for the Sensilift because it only needs to be used once a week!

The UFO has made a HUGE difference to my skin. I love it. I used a rose mask last night in preparation for an after school garden party today and my skin looked great despite the fact I'd been up approximately 15 times in the night dealing with little people's various ailments. I am so tempted by the NuFace... is it worth it? I'm 38 and sick of my forehead wrinkles (just got a humongous fringe cut in so that's less of a concern now :ROFLMAO: ) It really shocked me how much the UFO actually improved my skin tone, hydration, red marks etc when I'd spent loads of money on skincare that claimed to do the same but actually did relatively little. I'm all aboard the skincare gadget train now.
🚂 Choo choo!
So glad the UFO is working out for you! When I run out of skincare I'm no longer replacing them with expensive options, am slowly making the switch to all budget or pharmacy as it's the devices that make the difference. Would much rather spend money on the UFO masks

@rosemarina once you get back into the nuface it's easier to stick with it!

It is definitely not as fun as the UFO but IMO it's worth it

Reactions: 7
I’ve been doing NuFace solidly 5x a week for a month now. I can see an improvement in my cheekbone area and jawline so going to stick with it!

I used a Glow Addict mask on the UFO yesterday (went out of date on the 19th - was fine). I also had a Simple sheet mask so I used the UFO with it. Set it to red LED, heat and vibration +1. It did seem to make the serum sink in more!

off topic but if you’re into make-up, Lisa Eldridge has a documentary on BBC iPlayer about the history of make-up. I love Lisa and her make-up techniques.

Reactions: 9
🚂 Choo choo!
I have only had a NuFace for a couple of weeks and I do think the lines on my forehead are softer than before...however, I have been very lucky wrinkle wise and they weren't terrible anyway. I know that's not really enough time using it to be a decent review BUT I've used it every evening and every morning I have woken up and thought my skin looks glowy and smooth like I've had a really good night's sleep even when I haven't particularly so I'd recommend it on that alone. I'm very tempted to get the NuFace Fix next for around the eyes...would love to hear what people think of it if anyone has one and I'm with you on the gadget train 😂

Reactions: 7

Still loving the UFO here too! 😃 I use it 2 or 3 times a week and honestly my skin has never been so good. It's definitely more hydrated, the very dry areas on my forehead and eye area are completely gone. I also think it's helping reduce some redness/sensitivity in my cheeks too. I usually do the masks after I've had my post-run shower and it's such a treat to just relax for a couple of mins while doing it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Something you only need to use once a week is the dream!
Yeah and it's once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month thereafter!

I have only had a NuFace for a couple of weeks and I do think the lines on my forehead are softer than before...however, I have been very lucky wrinkle wise and they weren't terrible anyway. I know that's not really enough time using it to be a decent review BUT I've used it every evening and every morning I have woken up and thought my skin looks glowy and smooth like I've had a really good night's sleep even when I haven't particularly so I'd recommend it on that alone. I'm very tempted to get the NuFace Fix next for around the eyes...would love to hear what people think of it if anyone has one and I'm with you on the gadget train 😂
I'd say if you have the Nuface trinity you'd be better off getting the ELE attachment rather than the fix!

Reactions: 5
I'm still using my NuFace about 5x week. I have two NuFace Minis and do both sides of my lower face and then neck at the same time. I always do it when I'm watching something on screen - I couldn't just do it without something to engage me. I feel very content with the way I look these days (hope that doesn't sound odd) and NuFace is definitely part of the reason.

I'm also still using my LED face mask and neck/chest mask (I've got the CurrentBody versions). About 3x week. I can't say that I can attribute any particular benefit to using it but I am convinced that it does some good.

I also like my UFO2 but it hasn't found a regular place in my routine. I use it in the morning on days when I want to look my best - I think it makes my skin look plumper and fresher - but not sure how it fits in elsewhere. (I use Tretinoin at night and think it's probably best left on its own, although I occasionally use an overnight mask over it.)

@TheSilverFox you may of course not want to go down this route, but Botox works brilliantly for forehead wrinkles.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@Aude It doesn't sound odd at all. It's brilliant to hear you say that especially as us women are conditioned to dislike ourselves/ run ourselves down

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah and it's once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month thereafter!

I'd say if you have the Nuface trinity you'd be better off getting the ELE attachment rather than the fix!
I've got the mini unfortunately. Would definitely have gone for the trinity if I'd have known how impressed I'd be if it helps anyone else decide.

In that case the Fix is still good, it does make me feel more awake when I use it! The serum to use with it isn't cheap though

Reactions: 1
@Libertine1975 and @SqualorVictoria what are the main differences in the sensilift and a nuface or bear? Does the radio frequency RF work differently from the microcurrents and thus give a different result?

Hadn’t heard of the sensilift before!

I love youth junkie, h2overdose and the Bulgarian rose. They’re my top 3 so far. I also have make my day, glow addict and call it a night. I think make my day breaks me out! But I like glow and the night one.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm still using my NuFace about 5x week. I have two NuFace Minis and do both sides of my lower face and then neck at the same time. I always do it when I'm watching something on screen - I couldn't just do it without something to engage me.
It's so nice to hear that you feel very content :). That's such a good idea about having something to watch. I must start doing that!

I have a botox question I could do with help answering but it involves animal welfare so I'll put it behind a spoiler in a sec so people have to click to read it if they choose.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.