Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Question for those with the SmoothSkin Bare+ (ordered yesterday...) can you use it on areas you don't usually shave? For example, if I wanted to use it on my face, would I have to start shaving for it to work? I really don't want to do that, but seeing as I've bought it I thought I may as well give it a go everywhere.
I had been wondering about the face too. Have only used for legs and underarms so far. I do sometimes dermplane, so am wondering if that will be suffienctly ‘shaved’ for the smoothskin to work. Probably need to experiment in the name of science (and Tattle!) I’ve noticed on my legs it hurts a bit more if it gets a spot where I have missed some hair shaving. So that would be the worry for my face I think?

Reactions: 1
Decided to go for the UFO 2 in the end and got a good deal off Current Body. Bought the UFO2 and a pack of Youth Junkie masks and got a Luna Fofo for free.

I’m excited!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So, I just tried dermaplaning for the first time and I'm very underwhelmed. I bought some blades from amazon and honestly, a butter knife would have removed more hair! On the plus side, I haven't cut my face but my peach fuzz is still intact.

So, I just tried dermaplaning for the first time and I'm very underwhelmed. I bought some blades from amazon and honestly, a butter knife would have removed more hair! On the plus side, I haven't cut my face but my peach fuzz is still intact.
I love a face shaving session, which blades are you buying?

I just cracked out my smoothskin and did my underarms because I couldn’t wait 😂 really know what you mean about the little bits of missed hair hurting more. Nearly threw it across the room when that hit!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I love a face shaving session, which blades are you buying?
I just bought these ones from Amazon, they had so many good reviews I thought they'd be ok but they seemed so blunt. I used 4 before I gave up. Do you think I could have been doing it wrong? I watched a few youtube tutorials first and I was holding the blade at 45 degrees

Amazon product

Hmmm, not sure why the link won't paste. But they were a 6 pack of blades by a brand called Illuva with over 20k ratings

I just bought these ones from Amazon, they had so many good reviews I thought they'd be ok but they seemed so blunt. I used 4 before I gave up. Do you think I could have been doing it wrong? I watched a few youtube tutorials first and I was holding the blade at 45 degrees

Amazon product

Hmmm, not sure why the link won't paste. But they were a 6 pack of blades by a brand called Illuva with over 20k ratings
Somewhat relevant but sites like fakespot.com analyse reviews on Amazon to see if they're suspicious. Handy when you're buying something unbranded/unknown brand and have little info to go off.

Reactions: 3
I’ve bought those , ok in my opinion and then bought the Shiseido blades which are just much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Somewhat relevant but sites like fakespot.com analyse reviews on Amazon to see if they're suspicious. Handy when you're buying something unbranded/unknown brand and have little info to go off.
That's good to know, thanks :)

I’ve bought those , ok in my opinion and then bought the Sheseido blades which are just much better.
Thanks, I will check the Sheseido ones out. I want to be able to do it properly, I hate the way foundation looks on the peach fuzz. So ageing!

Amazon product

I imagine the razers aren’t sharp enough for purpose. You probably need to pay a bit more for better quality ones.

I’ve got a stupid question to ask for people with a LED mask. When it says your face needs to be clean before use, is it wash with soap and water? Or can I use my cleanser and toner? Or can I even do a gentle exfoliation before use?

I imagine the razers aren’t sharp enough for purpose. You probably need to pay a bit more for better quality ones.

I’ve got a stupid question to ask for people with a LED mask. When it says your face needs to be clean before use, is it wash with soap and water? Or can I use my cleanser and toner? Or can I even do a gentle exfoliation before use?
I normally use my cleanser and then LED, the follow up with serums etc. I imagine a toner beforehand would be fine too! I'm not so sure I would do an exfoliation beforehand, but I have pretty sensitive skin so try to avoid doing too much at once 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've ordered the Current Body LED mask too - there is £20 off with the code SAVE20 (for orders over £200) right now. Cannot wait for it to arrive!

Last edited:
I normally use my cleanser and then LED, the follow up with serums etc. I imagine a toner beforehand would be fine too! I'm not so sure I would do an exfoliation beforehand, but I have pretty sensitive skin so try to avoid doing too much at once 😅
I happily do an exfoliation before mine, and it’s actually what the Light Salon recommend, but I also have super hardy skin that never reacts to anything, so I never really worry about that kind of thing!

Would definitely go slow if I didn’t have the hardy skin type.

So I’ve taken the plunge and ordered a Smoothskin Bare whilst it’s on offer! Obviously during lockdown last year, I couldn’t go for my wax and then the lady I went to closed her business due to finances 😢
So, I’ve been shaving ever since, but I always end up with a rash down below, no matter what I try. What is this like for using? I normally have a Hollywood, but I’m guessing you can’t use this for doing that? 🤣

I’ve convinced my husband to part with his credit card. Bought the current body Led mask, UFO 2 mask and got the free Luna and used the 20 pound off code. Ordered day before yesterday after reading and lurking on this thread over the last few days. Came to £458 all together and is my birthday present. I’ve wanted to invest into my skincare so now my birthday is coming up I’ve taken the gamble. Ive also had some vouchers to use so ordered the masks elsewhere. Got three different ones plus the Foreo serum. Thanks for all the fabulous info on this thread x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So I’ve taken the plunge and ordered a Smoothskin Bare whilst it’s on offer! Obviously during lockdown last year, I couldn’t go for my wax and then the lady I went to closed her business due to finances 😢
So, I’ve been shaving ever since, but I always end up with a rash down below, no matter what I try. What is this like for using? I normally have a Hollywood, but I’m guessing you can’t use this for doing that? 🤣
Look on the smoothskin website it’s far better at explaining which bits you can’t use it on. Basically all the private bits underneath 🙃 needs to be left alone. They give all the proper names 🤓

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.