Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with everything that’s already been said about the NuFace and the UFO2. The NuFace you do have to use regularly, so I find it’s best done while watching something mindless on TV.

That said, I am feeling a bit down about my face and I think I do “need” some fillers. We met up with my husband’s friend for lunch about 2 weeks ago, and on first meeting he did a very slight double-take glance sort of downwards at my haggard jowls 😢. He’s not the sort of person to neg, I just think he was a bit shocked 😳🔫.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree with everything that’s already been said about the NuFace and the UFO2. The NuFace you do have to use regularly, so I find it’s best done while watching something mindless on TV.

That said, I am feeling a bit down about my face and I think I do “need” some fillers. We met up with my husband’s friend for lunch about 2 weeks ago, and on first meeting he did a very slight double-take glance sort of downwards at my haggard jowls 😢. He’s not the sort of person to neg, I just think he was a bit shocked 😳🔫.
I’m of the same opinion , I need a lift.

I’m getting my hair cut short next week and my jaw line isn’t what it was but needs must.

Reactions: 4
I bit the bullet and got the Currentbody LED mask and the Nuface mini along with a Smoothskin bare 😅

Hopefully in a couple of weeks my face will be radiant and my body hair free! Now I just need to look into all the skincare recommendations 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I’m sure you’re being harsher on yourself than is necessary! We all are, it’s the problem with a being a woman in a patriarchy that uses photoshop 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you. I’ve just treated my haggard old face to a lovely Bulgarian Rose mask. Still my favourite, especially now that it’s summer (in this hemisphere).

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So which UFO masks are you using at the moment? Especially if it’s summer where you are?

I just did a green tea one (I’ve been faffing around all day cleaning & organising and didn’t bother to shower or wash my face until I’d finished!). I thought it would be nice since I’ve been oilier than usual this week - a combo of hot weather plus stopping my usual skincare routine for a while because of the Electrolysis.

It’s REALLY drying on me, though? Does anyone else find this? It’s a weird one… very sticky but now my skin feels tight and dry. Definitely my least favourite so far.

Reactions: 1
I bit the bullet and got the Currentbody LED mask and the Nuface mini along with a Smoothskin bare 😅

Hopefully in a couple of weeks my face will be radiant and my body hair free! Now I just need to look into all the skincare recommendations 😁
Yay! I hope you enjoy them. I co-sign all the advice the others have given too. The only thing I would add is to take things slow - no need to throw out all the Clarins if they’re still decent for you. Just maybe look to change things if you feel like it when they run out? I bet you’ll notice a difference from the nuface and LED within a few weeks without any product changes too (I did!)

Reactions: 7
Yay! I hope you enjoy them. I co-sign all the advice the others have given too. The only thing I would add is to take things slow - no need to throw out all the Clarins if they’re still decent for you. Just maybe look to change things if you feel like it when they run out? I bet you’ll notice a difference from the nuface and LED within a few weeks without any product changes too (I did!)
Totally agree. Don’t add a load of new products at once as you won’t know how effective each separate one is… go sloooow.

I'm excited for this too. I hate having my bikini line waxed so hoping this will be a amazing
I do all my waxing myself and I’m sick to the back teeth of it. I’ve wanted laser for years, but it’s a chunk of cash and was waiting on home devices to improve. Very excited!

Reactions: 2
Oh guys the smoothskin bare + is on its way 😂😭
Oooh I think I'm going to buy this. I'm moving soon and was planning to start getting laser hair removal again, this is the price of 3 sessions.
I still lurk this thread but I haven't used my gadgets for months and my skin is garbage so I am not worthy of commenting :LOL:

• Haha
Oooh I think I'm going to buy this. I'm moving soon and was planning to start getting laser hair removal again, this is the price of 3 sessions.
I still lurk this thread but I haven't used my gadgets for months and my skin is garbage so I am not worthy of commenting :LOL:
Did you check out the Currentbody website? They have it on sale at the moment. That's why I treated myself to a couple of gadgets

• Heart
So which UFO masks are you using at the moment? Especially if it’s summer where you are?

I just did a green tea one (I’ve been faffing around all day cleaning & organising and didn’t bother to shower or wash my face until I’d finished!). I thought it would be nice since I’ve been oilier than usual this week - a combo of hot weather plus stopping my usual skincare routine for a while because of the Electrolysis.

It’s REALLY drying on me, though? Does anyone else find this? It’s a weird one… very sticky but now my skin feels tight and dry. Definitely my least favourite so far.
I’m sticking with H2overdose and Make my Day.

I like the Youth Junkie one and the Make my Day. The Call it a Night is a little too heavy for me and leaves my skin overloaded if that makes sense. Have got the Bulgarian Rose, Acai Berry and Manuka Honey on order after being totally influenced by the good reviews of you lot here 😘

I love H2Overdose, rose and açai berry (although the latter is mostly for the lovely smell). I wish they’d bring out the occasional new one! (I have so many left from when they gave away all those free ones, though.)

I haven’t tried the Green Tea one, but I think I thought it wouldn’t be hydrating enough for me.

Reactions: 4
I’m still deciding which ufo mask to do tonight but I’m leaning towards manuka honey, and then for the second pass just using the custom cryo setting - bliss!

I haven't used my Smoothskin in a few weeks, I haven't completed the 12 weeks. I didn't feel the need to as apart from two small areas on my lower legs, my legs are hair free. I will restart the treatment and I also want to do my underarms again and maybe the lower arms. If you're a h good candidate I'd highly recommend it to anyone considering buying it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.