Beth Sandland #5 The First Woman To Parent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
753BCE00-BF9B-4B45-AC76-0AEF4BA909CC.png
Couldn’t stomach reading this whole thing but… isn’t this the woman who put her baby in his own room before 6 months to sleep - which is a massive and well known SIDS risk?? Make it make sense.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I just read the newsletter.

Three months is NOTHING compared to most waits for NHS therapy.
EMDR is not widely available, either. Many can’t get anything other than 10 sessions of standard CBT.

The fact she’s written about her ‘most traumatic’ memories shows that they aren’t traumatic or upsetting to her.

The fact she hasn’t included a TW at the start to say contains details of PTSD symptoms and vivid description of intrusive thoughts shows she doesn’t struggle to share, or read, about them. She openly shared that she imagines her baby is dead with no regard for anyone reading.

She doesn’t give a single tit about anyone other than herself and the money.

Reactions: 13
Jeez, so much to unpick with her newsletter. So many thoughts.

she says she was terrified to be pregnant. She may well have been terrified, but was for the most part, a smug cow about being pregnant. Her Instagram feed very quickly became all about pregnancy and bump pics (sans trigger warnings).

she says she wasn’t naive about birth. Despite her birth plan showing us evidence to the contrary. I still think she thought she’d have a spa weekend and come home with a baby after breathing him out 🤨

Why did she feel let down by the medical staff in addition to feeling “violated and betrayed”? And why is she saying she was pushed down the route of vaginal birth after sharing a snippet of her airy fairy birth plan? Interesting she regrets not having a c section.

Adjusting the truth to fit her narrative again with “he’s been readmitted a few times”. Twice. He’s been in hospital twice since he was discharged, to say “a few” makes it sound like considerably more. Again, it begs the question of if you were that worried about his health, why would you drag him abroad twice before the age of 7 months?

She has complicated feelings about pregnancy and birth announcements. Also interesting, considering how she shared her pregnancy, birth and postpartum all over Instagram. And is still talking about it.

says how she’s jealous of the “snuggly new baby on the postnatal ward photos” eh? She took one of those! She took several, just look in her “birth/PP” highlight.

Hates the day he was born but will happily post three separate Instagram posts, a highlight and accept a discount code from a company she bought presents from 🤨. Hates talking about her trauma but brings it up and milks it for likes - international pumping day, pampers for preemies, we see a mum for Tommy’s..I’ve probably missed at least one

I’m just.. aghast at the whole thing tbh.

Attachments

Reactions: 24

she says she was terrified to be pregnant. She may well have been terrified, but was for the most part, a smug cow about being pregnant. Her Instagram feed very quickly became all about pregnancy and bump pics (sans trigger warnings).

she says she wasn’t naive about birth. Despite her birth plan showing us evidence to the contrary. I still think she thought she’d have a spa weekend and come home with a baby after breathing him out 🤨

Why did she feel let down by the medical staff in addition to feeling “violated and betrayed”? And why is she saying she was pushed down the route of vaginal birth after sharing a snippet of her airy fairy birth plan? Interesting she regrets not having a c section.

Adjusting the truth to fit her narrative again with “he’s been readmitted a few times”. Twice. He’s been in hospital twice since he was discharged, to say “a few” makes it sound like considerably more. Again, it begs the question of if you were that worried about his health, why would you drag him abroad twice before the age of 7 months?

She has complicated feelings about pregnancy and birth announcements. Also interesting, considering how she shared her pregnancy, birth and postpartum all over Instagram. And is still talking about it.

says how she’s jealous of the “snuggly new baby on the postnatal ward photos” eh? She took one of those! She took several, just look in her “birth/PP” highlight.

Hates the day he was born but will happily post three separate Instagram posts, a highlight and accept a discount code from a company she bought presents from 🤨. Hates talking about her trauma but brings it up and milks it for likes - international pumping day, pampers for preemies, we see a mum for Tommy’s..I’ve probably missed at least one

She 100% thinks c section would have been the easy way out.

Reactions: 7

I agree with everything you said. She’s completely deluded, unaware of herself and hypocritical. I truly believe this girl is dangerous to her own son, she has been milking any sort of sickness/developmental delay for all she can get out of it.

What baffles me are the people commenting on her crap and relating to it, are they blind? Stupid? Naive? Her arrogance and issues are clear as day to me

Reactions: 16
I feel she has really clung onto him being a “sick premmie” baby as she has no excitement in her life.
Most excitement she’s probably had is dating her teacher. Every aspect of her life is fake.
She faked an entire solo backpacking trip. In reality she was travelling with her older boyfriend who was dragged along to take photos. They visited known instagram hotspots I doubt very much they really “saw” each place, she just posed for the perfect shot.
You never see her hanging out with friends her own age, even pre baby and lockdown.
Her days out are all freebies, god knows why she gets so many when her content is so dry.

I don’t doubt what she went through was tough, I had a “normal” c section birth but have still struggled a few months later.
However clinging onto the fact he is a tiny sick baby when in reality he’s far from it is bizarre behaviour. She should celebrating him reaching each milestone and his development. My twins were born slightly early and a doctor told me they would be 3/4 weeks behind in their development. If anything they have been ahead of even their actual age which has brought me so much joy.
So yeh I’ve rambled on but Beth if you read these focus on the fact you have a lovely healthy baby boy. Stop creating fake drama to spice up your insta feed….

Reactions: 16
She 100% thinks c section would have been the easy way out.
Just shows exactly how naive she is. I had a csection with twins a few weeks after she gave birth, I did it for their safety (both breech) it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done, the recovery after is bloody awful, it really pisses me off when people think it’s the ‘easy’ way out, there is nothing easy about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I feel she has really clung onto him being a “sick premmie” baby as she has no excitement in her life.
Most excitement she’s probably had is dating her teacher. Every aspect of her life is fake.
She faked an entire solo backpacking trip. In reality she was travelling with her older boyfriend who was dragged along to take photos. They visited known instagram hotspots I doubt very much they really “saw” each place, she just posed for the perfect shot.
You never see her hanging out with friends her own age, even pre baby and lockdown.
Her days out are all freebies, god knows why she gets so many when her content is so dry.

I don’t doubt what she went through was tough, I had a “normal” c section birth but have still struggled a few months later.
However clinging onto the fact he is a tiny sick baby when in reality he’s far from it is bizarre behaviour. She should celebrating him reaching each milestone and his development. My twins were born slightly early and a doctor told me they would be 3/4 weeks behind in their development. If anything they have been ahead of even their actual age which has brought me so much joy.
So yeh I’ve rambled on but Beth if you read these focus on the fact you have a lovely healthy baby boy. Stop creating fake drama to spice up your insta feed….
she placed so much emphasis on the perfect Instagram birth experience fairy lights ffs! .....it's so dangerous that social media touts this idea that if you buy certain things they will enhance your life / experience ( that includes expensive hypnobirthing/ sleep training/ weaning courses that all the instahuns seem to endorse as well as all the unnecessary baby items - snoo sleeper, dock a tot , electric baby rocking chairs)
I had emcs for my first daughter for cord prolapse, we both nearly died and I didn't get to see her or hold her for 24 hours( she was also in PICU for 48 hrs and was biggest baby there) - no skin to skin first cuddle/ feed for us....but she's now a bright, brilliant young woman . I was back at work full time 15 weeks after her birth in a busy hospital unit - no spa days or trips to London for me
Yes it was a traumatic time for us, but it doesn't define who either of us are
Beth needs to concentrate on the fact that she now has a healthy young boy , who is reaching his milestones, she is in a very privileged position of owning her own home with her teacher husband and is able to afford to live a very comfortable lifestyle
Thousands of parents aren't as fortunate as her and have also experienced similarly traumatic birth experiences....it doesn't define you as person though and she shouldn't play into that narrative of a victim- and she was bloody lucky to get cbt after only waiting 3 months!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just shows exactly how naive she is. I had a csection with twins a few weeks after she gave birth, I did it for their safety (both breech) it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done, the recovery after is bloody awful, it really pisses me off when people think it’s the ‘easy’ way out, there is nothing easy about it!
Exactly. Everyone I know who had a csection had a really hard time with recovery.

I read her post and just thought it read like she thought csection would have been much easier than the "trauma" she went through. The fact that when presented with the options she "pushed for vaginal" to me screams that she thinks csections aren't 'real' births etc. (Not my thoughts at all just the vibes I get off Beth)

Reactions: 8
Exactly. Everyone I know who had a csection had a really hard time with recovery.

I read her post and just thought it read like she thought csection would have been much easier than the "trauma" she went through. The fact that when presented with the options she "pushed for vaginal" to me screams that she thinks csections aren't 'real' births etc. (Not my thoughts at all just the vibes I get off Beth)
Oh I completely agree, there are some women out there who will push for a ‘natural’ birth because they think it’s the be all and end all, and they don’t believe a c-section is actually giving birth, I definitely think Beth would be in this camp!

Reactions: 7
For someone with a blog as a full time job, she really is a terrible writer 🤨 also it still infuriates me that she got her lashes done before the birth when we were in lockdown

Reactions: 15
I just read the newsletter.

Three months is NOTHING compared to most waits for NHS therapy.
EMDR is not widely available, either. Many can’t get anything other than 10 sessions of standard CBT.

The fact she’s written about her ‘most traumatic’ memories shows that they aren’t traumatic or upsetting to her.

The fact she hasn’t included a TW at the start to say contains details of PTSD symptoms and vivid description of intrusive thoughts shows she doesn’t struggle to share, or read, about them. She openly shared that she imagines her baby is dead with no regard for anyone reading.

She doesn’t give a single tit about anyone other than herself and the money.
Had to get my workplace to get EMDR and even then it made me feel worse before I felt better. I think her newsletter is really bad for the points you've raised. She needs to stop capitalising on ptsd!

I agree with everything you said. She’s completely deluded, unaware of herself and hypocritical. I truly believe this girl is dangerous to her own son, she has been milking any sort of sickness/developmental delay for all she can get out of it.

What baffles me are the people commenting on her crap and relating to it, are they blind? Stupid? Naive? Her arrogance and issues are clear as day to me
It'll come to a point where she will put this complex onto her son when he is older. Absolutely terrible that her husband and parents enable this behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Had to get my workplace to get EMDR and even then it made me feel worse before I felt better. I think her newsletter is really bad for the points you've raised. She needs to stop capitalising on ptsd!

It'll come to a point where she will put this complex onto her son when he is older. Absolutely terrible that her husband and parents enable this behaviour.
Same, I’m thankful for private cover through work.

There is no way after just a few weeks of EMDR many people would be up to writing a blog about it!

Reactions: 6
What is she on about there's so little information about the "4th trimester "....pssst btw Beth the medical term is post partum 🙄
and ffs it's called parenting and there are literally thousands of articles, books, magazines about the post partum period ....just because you can't monetise it, doesn't mean the information isn't out there you mean!
075F183B-2405-4549-8CB0-CCC3B8CD974A.jpg

Reactions: 4
What is she on about there's so little information about the "4th trimester "....pssst btw Beth the medical term is post partum 🙄
and ffs it's called parenting and there are literally thousands of articles, books, magazines about the post partum period ....just because you can't monetise it, doesn't mean the information isn't out there you mean!
View attachment 1172739
For someone who just sits on her arse all day and formed a book club you would think she could just read some baby books, as you say there are thousands out there. New mothers in 1st world countries have so much knowledge and support available to them at the mere click of a button. Guess what Beth, our mothers and grandmothers all managed and they weren’t able to access websites and online articles and thousands of woman give birth in Africa every year who don’t have access to the internet or to books. Many of them can’t even read and they manage to look after their babies quite successfully after giving birth. You are so entitled, you don’t know your privilege and your ignorance is embarrassing. Just go educate yourself, you are fortunate enough to have all the tools you need to learn about parenting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Must have been so traumatic for Beggy showing that reel of Ziggy coming home after her traumatic birth and his traumatic nicu stay. But did you know she’s been breastfeeding for a whole year everyone? Not pumping, breastfeeding. Just in case you didn’t know 😂🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Love how Beth is jumping on the weening wagon with her content.

When she has freely admitted she prefers pouches etc. because she is sooooo busy

Anything for engagement eh Beth

Reactions: 5
Must have been so traumatic for Beggy showing that reel of Ziggy coming home after her traumatic birth and his traumatic nicu stay. But did you know she’s been breastfeeding for a whole year everyone? Not pumping, breastfeeding. Just in case you didn’t know 😂🙄
Just driving home the fact she is a superior mother as she breastfed. Round of applause beth you are an inspiration to us all

Reactions: 10
I’ve breastfed both my kids. You know the difference between my 4.5 year old and my friends’ formula-fed 4.5 year olds? duck all. They all get ill just as much and they all throw tantrums just as much. My kids don’t have magic powers because I used my tits to feed them.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Why why WHY does she say ‘lil’ instead of little?:sick:

does she think it is cute? It is the worst.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.