BeckieJBrown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's crazy just how often she talks about herself and only herself. Mind you any time she's tried to talk about social issues it's ended up pretty weird too so this is the only move for her I guess

Reactions: 3
It's crazy just how often she talks about herself and only herself. Mind you any time she's tried to talk about social issues it's ended up pretty weird too so this is the only move for her I guess
She just has no life experience, other than being confined to her own company and her own flat because of the way she acts around people and in situations.

Reactions: 1
A morning moaning about trich on Instagram and an afternoon moaning about wanting that autism diagnosis on twitter. Normal service resumed.

***eyeroll***
The 3rd person is irritating also.
also what will a diagnosis give her? Bragging rights? I do think she could be autistic. I mean there's lots of signs of it with her, but yeah. I don't know what will be different if a "professional" tells her this vs her just using resources that already exist?

If she has Autism/ADHD yeah medication like stimulants do help, but there are lots of things she can do to help herself if this is what she thinks she has. She can move forward as self-diagnosed and continue a process of official diagnosis. Not having an official diagnosis definitely doesn't mean she can't come further in her understanding of herself and her search for useful information/helpful strategies and so on. She's just so unwilling to help herself. I think she feels a diagnosis will allow her to wallow...

also what will a diagnosis give her? Bragging rights? I do think she could be autistic. I mean there's lots of signs of it with her, but yeah. I don't know what will be different if a "professional" tells her this vs her just using resources that already exist?

If she has Autism/ADHD yeah medication like stimulants do help, but there are lots of things she can do to help herself if this is what she thinks she has. She can move forward as self-diagnosed and continue a process of official diagnosis. Not having an official diagnosis definitely doesn't mean she can't come further in her understanding of herself and her search for useful information/helpful strategies and so on. She's just so unwilling to help herself. I think she feels a diagnosis will allow her to wallow...
Also if multiple professionals won’t diagnose her with what she want, maybe she should accept their professional opinion?
It’s been commented on this board I think that she’s previously indicated her initial diagnosis was BPD- but I’m not fully in the know.
I get her frustration however she’s such an intolerable know it all - she’s decided she is so EVERYONE is wrong. Good job she’s not in the USA where doctor shopping/paying for diagnosis is more common.

Reactions: 1
Also if multiple professionals won’t diagnose her with what she want, maybe she should accept their professional opinion?
It’s been commented on this board I think that she’s previously indicated her initial diagnosis was BPD- but I’m not fully in the know.
I get her frustration however she’s such an intolerable know it all - she’s decided she is so EVERYONE is wrong. Good job she’s not in the USA where doctor shopping/paying for diagnosis is more common.
lots of autistic women are misdiagnosed with BPD as professionals have a hard time believing women can be autistic, but yeah. I see what you mean. I think she's just hell bent on suffering and doesn't want to have to try.

Reactions: 5
lots of autistic women are misdiagnosed with BPD as professionals have a hard time believing women can be autistic, but yeah. I see what you mean. I think she's just hell bent on suffering and doesn't want to have to try.
Oh I don’t disagree there’s more difficulty for women in being diagnosed :)

as usual Beck is the ONLY ONE STRUGGLING

Reactions: 2
Oh I don’t disagree there’s more difficulty for women in being diagnosed :)

as usual Beck is the ONLY ONE STRUGGLING
Totally! If she is autistic I really don't know what an official diagnosis will get her... She's obviously "high functioning" as in CAN hold a job and maintain her own life (yeah it's a bit of an odd life but it's not like she needs much support in that way) so is by no means any priority for extra support. Can she really just want to be able to use the "actually autistic" hashtag or something

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've been diagnosed with autism I'm the UK and really all support stops after 25, so I think getting an official diagnosis after 25 won't make really any difference in terms of the professional support she can access. Maybe it would help feel seen/validated internally but I doubt it would make any professional difference. I'm 22, had a professional diagnosis since 15 and multiple professionals say I need urgent help now but it's still a long, long fight! I remember last year she was making comments suggesting she wants an official diagnosis to tell employers when finding a job..? but in terms of support if she's over 25 she won't get any even with an official diagnosis, which is really sad.

I don't want to comment on what she does/doesn't have but it is very common for autistic women to be misdiagnosed with BPD bandits a form of sexism and discrimination :( I don't know about her specifically, but in general

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just reading about women’s rights being thrown out of the window by the Taliban as they take Afghanistan. Women hiding the fact that they had degrees and jobs. Hiding everything and not being allowed to dress how they want or live their lives normally.

Then there’s Beckie’s constant moaning.

Reactions: 6
Just reading about women’s rights being thrown out of the window by the Taliban as they take Afghanistan. Women hiding the fact that they had degrees and jobs. Hiding everything and not being allowed to dress how they want or live their lives normally.

Then there’s Beckie’s constant moaning.
dont forget silent malevolent glaring at the camera and saying how Sunday’s are the worst day of the week and how cr*p her church is as there’s no unmarried people her age.

Reactions: 4
Looks like folk told her "support" isnt gonna come running and she's just gonna have to accept that... It is hard when you hope that someone will save you when you're having a hard time and lead you through it, but that really isn't life.

I kind of hope she's got some kind of wake up call from the answers she got... That even if she gets her desired diagnosis it doesn't even mean she's going to get any extra help. She has to ask for what she needs instead of passive aggressively blaming the world for not reading her mind and making concessions for her.

She needs to get off the internet. It’s clearly not helping her and she is so desperate for her life narrative to be relevant and to be insta-famous.

like some worse 2020s version of Peyton Sawyer, listening to angry rock music whilst drawing band streaming on her webcam.

TBH the way she malevolently glares at the camera and blames the world for her life, she’s starting to sound like some sort of female Incel.

I used to like Beckie and I see a lot of myself in her struggles. But she’s so determined that she’s right and knows how best to help herself when she clearly cannot. It’s sad tbh

Her empties videos and charity shop hauls really helped me through a dark mental health stage of my life. I'd listen to them to drift off to sleep. There was something so calming and simple about them. Sad they're gone.

Another essay about herself and how she's actually much worse than everyone thinks, just miserable. Smeg really nailed it, she's just an incel now. Too busy thinking/complaining about herself to actually get anything done with her life. Being able to make money off youtube was probably the worst thing to happen to her

Attachments

The thing is, I don't think she knows what she WANTS she knows what she doesn't want, but has no idea really of what she wants. That must surely be her first "work" what does she want? Is it that flat to live alone? great, then everything related to having just that (like having a job where she has to mask, or lonely sleepless nights) is a sacrifice she has to make to have it. You don't just "get" things unless you either ask or work for it... This is just life...

I do imagine life was much simpler in one way when humans were born into a trade and just did that forever... Our society is so complex and there's always something else that we "could" be doing... I know myself I have SUCH a hard time with delayed gratification but I am working at it cos I know it's the only way really.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.