BeckieJBrown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I think she thinks life will be easier when she’s “officially diagnosed”. Talk to any adult that receives a diagnoses and they’ll usually say all it does is confirm all the puzzle pieces they already had, it doesn’t actually *help* very much in a wider sense.

Life isn’t suddenly radically different or easier just because you have an official diagnosis.

Reactions: 2
She thinks if she gets her preferred diagnosis then someone will have to give her her “dream” job
I agree, but in reality I think it'll do the total opposite. I know you can't discriminate when hiring somebody, but I imagine it gets harder when you're job searching. It'll be another thing she will then moan about.

Reactions: 3
I agree, but in reality I think it'll do the total opposite. I know you can't discriminate when hiring somebody, but I imagine it gets harder when you're job searching. It'll be another thing she will then moan about.
This is my point she’s doggedly pursuing this for job opportunities to improve and the reality is it won’t.

The problem is that nothing adds up, so people see through her immediately. She's quite deluded so she may genuinely think she has autism but nothing adds up.

She claims that her mum had to accompany her and speak for her ("See how autistic I am, I can't even talk without a helper!") yet in the past she flew to Poland to do a talk. She has spoken publicly on panels and participated in huge events.

So which is it? Are you so autistic that you need a helper to speak for you and can't function normally in the workplace, or are you a former Youtuber who made a living off videos and public speaking? You can't be both and your whole history is online so everyone knows the truth...

Reactions: 9
Last stories are about showing off her scratches and bumps from kayaking. Instead of saying that she is happy she can learn new things, exercise, be with people, try new stuff she is just showing off her SCRATCHED NAILPOLISH.

Why does she not notice small achievements? Appreciate all the stuff she has?

Last stories are about showing off her scratches and bumps from kayaking. Instead of saying that she is happy she can learn new things, exercise, be with people, try new stuff she is just showing off her SCRATCHED NAILPOLISH.

Why does she not notice small achievements? Appreciate all the stuff she has?
Because she has to be a victim 24/7. Even the stuff that's "supposed" to make her happy, nope, has to be a fault, and something not of her own doing.

Reactions: 5
Her sticker making machine that she so desperately wanted, and to help her shop, is doing well...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Spotted this comment on her tiktok, sooo has she actually been formally diagnosed or has she been Google diagnosed?!
Screenshot_20210823_005041.jpg

Spotted this comment on her tiktok, sooo has she actually been formally diagnosed or has she been Google diagnosed?! View attachment 725489
If she’d had a formal diagnosis we’d have heard about it, she’s been definitely google diagnosed herself (fine if she thinks she is and is going through the process and is trying to use mechanisms etc that help, finding support etc BUT not saying she is without a diagnosis ) but the way it reads it sure reads like she’s pretending to have had an actual diagnosis

Reactions: 3
Not only is she self-diagnosed, she's moaned for years that she's had tests done and the docs aren't diagnosing her, she desperately wants it and has talked almost exclusively about it all summer

Reactions: 4
Not only is she self-diagnosed, she's moaned for years that she's had tests done and the docs aren't diagnosing her, she desperately wants it and has talked almost exclusively about it all summer
Has she actually had an autism test and not been diagnosed? Or are doctors refusing to test her for autism?

Has she actually had an autism test and not been diagnosed? Or are doctors refusing to test her for autism?
I think she's still on the waiting list for assessment, but has said that her doctor has previously declined referring her. She eventually got referred through 111.

Echoing others' comments here but Beckie needs to have a serious think about what getting a diagnosis will change for her. It may be that autism isn't the only answer to the way she feels, or it may even be that she doesn't meet the diagnostic criteria for anything. For example, I have traits of ADHD but not enough to meet a threshold for diagnosis - and some people might have that for many different disorders. It may simply be that nothing fits. That could be the case for her and if it is, then she'll have put her life on hold for years seeking an answer that may never come.

And it might be that she could learn some things that would help her without a diagnosis, like self-acceptance or some life skills / coping skills, but she is unwilling to seek the help for that or work on it herself. She simply wants that "magic button" diagnosis that she thinks will solve all her problems.

I think she's still on the waiting list for assessment, but has said that her doctor has previously declined referring her. She eventually got referred through 111.

Echoing others' comments here but Beckie needs to have a serious think about what getting a diagnosis will change for her. It may be that autism isn't the only answer to the way she feels, or it may even be that she doesn't meet the diagnostic criteria for anything. For example, I have traits of ADHD but not enough to meet a threshold for diagnosis - and some people might have that for many different disorders. It may simply be that nothing fits. That could be the case for her and if it is, then she'll have put her life on hold for years seeking an answer that may never come.

And it might be that she could learn some things that would help her without a diagnosis, like self-acceptance or some life skills / coping skills, but she is unwilling to seek the help for that or work on it herself. She simply wants that "magic button" diagnosis that she thinks will solve all her problems.
I was just wondering because I have autism and know many adults, especially females, do get wrongfully refused a diagnosis due to doctors still believing it's a 'male illness', so there's a big difference between not being able to get the assessment and actually not having autism. However once you're an adult and ESPECIALLY over 25 in the UK there's next to no support after diagnosis. Especially if she has a job and a flat she seems to own. It's sad but unfortunately the reality. Honestly, I think the main gain of a diagnosis is it can help you feel validated and give you a starting point to research your experiences.

Also, I know it's not my place to speak about what somebody does and doesn't have, I honestly don't feel she actually has autism. Last year when she was looking for work, she made a comment along the lines of that she wanted an autism diagnosis to be able to tell employers to get a job. It really sounded like she just wants to take advantage of the Equality Act, rather than genuinely thinking she has autism, which really rubbed me the wrong way. And only about 16% of autistic adults have full time jobs in the UK anyway. Having a diagnosis won't guarantee you a job.

I'm concerned she seems to think she'll get support or get something after waiting years for a diagnosis when unfortunately any positive of a diagnosis will be personal and not external. Even if she is autistic and gets a diagnosis, it seems she'll be disappointed. Theres a big autism self-diagnosis community if she's looking for education, community or coping tips. From my experience, the autistic community is way better than any health or social care about autism anyway! And you don't need a diagnosis to access those...?

Reactions: 6
I was just wondering because I have autism and know many adults, especially females, do get wrongfully refused a diagnosis due to doctors still believing it's a 'male illness', so there's a big difference between not being able to get the assessment and actually not having autism. However once you're an adult and ESPECIALLY over 25 in the UK there's next to no support after diagnosis. Especially if she has a job and a flat she seems to own. It's sad but unfortunately the reality. Honestly, I think the main gain of a diagnosis is it can help you feel validated and give you a starting point to research your experiences.

Also, I know it's not my place to speak about what somebody does and doesn't have, I honestly don't feel she actually has autism. Last year when she was looking for work, she made a comment along the lines of that she wanted an autism diagnosis to be able to tell employers to get a job. It really sounded like she just wants to take advantage of the Equality Act, rather than genuinely thinking she has autism, which really rubbed me the wrong way. And only about 16% of autistic adults have full time jobs in the UK anyway. Having a diagnosis won't guarantee you a job.

I'm concerned she seems to think she'll get support or get something after waiting years for a diagnosis when unfortunately any positive of a diagnosis will be personal and not external. Even if she is autistic and gets a diagnosis, it seems she'll be disappointed. Theres a big autism self-diagnosis community if she's looking for education, community or coping tips. From my experience, the autistic community is way better than any health or social care about autism anyway! And you don't need a diagnosis to access those...?
Whether she does or doesn’t I think she’s desperate to stay relevant in the online disability community. She’s no longer really the Trich poster girl and is desperate fir a diagnosis and/or label to validate her lifestyle.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else find it infuriating when she makes those weird rocket noises at the end of stories? Chuuuuuuu... and the face!

Reactions: 1
More bikini and braless posts for her 🎅🏻 s
In her post she says she bought the cozzies & bikinis bras 2nd hand..but she doesn’t like bodily fluid??

If someone had such an aversion to something surely you wouldn’t buy the clothes 2nd hand knowing other people could have sweated or other stuff...doesn’t make sense??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.