Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Tony Blackburn said he was sat in the Pub when in walked a local Referee...Tony got up & left immediately as he felt things were about to kick-off...
😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3

under the ivy

VIP Member
Great trolling by Jeremy Vine just then - interviewing the Tory defence secretary then plays Billy Joel - My Life ‘I don’t care what you say anymore’ 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Shineyshine

VIP Member
A body found in the search for Michael Mosley.
I used to occasionally listen to his shows on Radio 4.
I caught him and his wife doing a slot together on something just a few weeks ago. They seemed like a lovely couple, very caring with one another. Whether you agree with his intermittent fasting approach or not, this is sad news.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I know people were saying a while back that Johnnie sounded unwell. Not sure if anything was confirmed after but I just read this. So sad :(

I thought Johnnie had been sounding frail but that's so sad.

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Does anyone else find Vic Hope annoying? Something really attention seeking and ‘pick me’ about her. I can’t listen when she’s on radio 1.
She's ok on the radio in small doses, but yea there's something very 'private school head girl 'about her. She always harping on about how she grew up in Newcastle and didn't have a TV growing up, but clearly came from a very privileged background with lots of foreign travel and a very nice Cambridge education.
In the words of Mrs Merton "So Vick, what attracted you to the multi millionaire Calvin Harris ?!" 😂

under the ivy

VIP Member
I don’t think Vernon and Jeremy get on 💀 A few of their handovers I’ve listened to have sounded so awkward

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I love Rylan’s presenting style but his club anthems are a bit much for me at that time of the day after the first hour.

IndominusRex

VIP Member
Have they announced what’s going on with pick of the pops yet? Gary Davies is so good on it so I hope he stays.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I am always distrustful of any schedule changes on radio 2. I just don't like change. Give it a few weeks and I will grudgingly admit to liking it. I haven't really heard enough of Paddy's cover shows to get a feel for his style.

I am a little Dissapointed that they haven't gone for a women in one of the slots. There are very few women on the weekend, especially during the day. Nothing wrong with the male hosts they have, it would just be nice to be a bit more even.
I thought Nikki Chapman might have got the Sunday Love Songs show.

aidil

VIP Member
Who the hell is on Radio 1 rn ranting about taxis? NOBODY CARES. It really is like student radio, surely there are more entertaining people available?!

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Just listening to Radio 1 - Jamie is hardly ever on?! Not necessarily a bad thing but he doesn’t “do” Thursdays anyway and has been off for weeks touring his podcast. I wonder how that was agreed, surely the first few months are the most important so they gel with each other and the audience?
They seem to have done the same with Dean too! I always switch off R1 at lunch time when I hear the 1pm changeover, but the intro always says Dean's 'under the weather ' or on holiday 🤣
Just cull them and be done with it!

• Haha

Traazers

VIP Member
Yes the Newcastle thing is irritating. She acts as if she has an accent, but there’s no hint of one to my ears? Also when she talks in Spanish.. it’s not even that she speaks in Spanish, it’s that she brings up the subject of Spanish so that she’s then asked to speak it. I don’t know what it is but she’s smug and smarmy.
She does have a slight accent, she's not fully RP or London but yeah she does overdo it. She gives me huge vibes of someone whos never been told they're not actually that special or cool

IndominusRex

VIP Member
I heard that and was thinking WTF? It was Nat O’Leary who is chums with Dean and Vicky which says it all about her
Nat O’Leary also got confused when they were running a Boardmasters competition because she didn’t know they had surfing

• Haha

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
THIS!!! This is exactly how I feel too! I can't stand listening to any of it except as you say, Greg and Matt and Molly. Molly irritates me sometimes though too but I like how much fun they seem to have so prefer them together to when Matt is on on his own, yesterday's show Matt was on great form, he seemed almost giddy and was really funny
He has a show on ITV2 called dress to impress, not my usual sort of show at all, but his narration is so funny taking the pi*s out of the contestants, I'd really recommend if you want a giggle!

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
I inadvertently heard Dean and Vicky’s last show. Apparently they didn’t actually know each other when they were told they were being put together to replace Scott & Chris, so not even tested in a demo show to see if they would have chemistry. Madness
It's not like Scott and Chris didn't give many months notice they were leaving either! Just putting Dean and Vicky together for a 5 minute test would have made it plainly obvious they disliked each other and weren't skilled enough for such a prime slot!