Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mcgee

VIP Member
Listening to Radio 2 and Jane McDonald doesn’t sound natural on the radio. She’s talking like she’s doing a voiceover for one of her channel 5 shows.

Reactions: 4

IndominusRex

VIP Member
Last week on newsbeat they made a joke about hostages in a nightclub. We couldn’t believe what we were hearing. It was something like “now to a nightclub in Holland but this isn’t a night out…”

• Wow

IndominusRex

VIP Member
I wouldn’t mind if they actually played the live sets but instead we just have to hear Richie etc wanging on about what a great time they’re having while we’re sat at home.

• Angry
  • Haha

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Tony Blackburn said he was having a recurring dream that he was constantly delivering babies.........
the Doctor said he was having a Midwife Crisis.....:censored:

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I heard that and was thinking WTF? It was Nat O’Leary who is chums with Dean and Vicky which says it all about her
i’m glad someone else heard it 🤣 radio 1 is so godawful right now that (on the times where i’m not listening to greg, who i love) i’m just waiting for someone to say something stupid. there was a young guy last week who had obviously been told to fill airtime by talking about glastonbury, an easy job for a radio dj you would think, but the only thing he could say was “the tickets are heard to get” and then floundered for a bit trying to think of headliners.

i wish i could be bothered to retune the radio in my car 🤣

• Heart

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Tony Blackburn walked into his kitchen where his wife was dipping £20 notes into batter & deep frying them.........."what are doing???........frittering our money away like that!"

• Haha

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
Gosh, I can’t bear Paddy McGuinness. Michael is a good fit for Love Songs… he is just biding his time until EP’s show opens up!

Multi-21

VIP Member
It says it all that over summer Greg James is now extending his breakfast show to 11am so people will actually listen. When the management don’t even like listening to their own DJs 😂

• Haha

TheStrawberryThief

Johnnie Walker doesn't sound well at all.
I have said this to my mum, but she is convinced that he has just got new teeth and isn't used to them.

He does sound frailer than he used to imo. You can really tell when he plays archive clips of him interviewing guests. This was really apparent in the episode the other week when he played an interview with Steve Harley from around 3 years ago.

Everyone needs to form a protective circle around him and Tony Blackburn.

• Heart

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Radio one drive time feels as flat as a pancake. I bet Vic must be secretly fuming Jordan left.

mcgee

VIP Member
Is anyone missing Scott Mills at this point or are we all in agreement that Radio 2 is better without him? Never liked him on it and never thought he was the right fit. Hope it’s reflected in the listening views.

Multi-21

VIP Member
So next Friday on Radio 1 it's the start of the new Vicky Hawksworth and Nat O Leary show. They have got Vicky away from Dean who she had no chemistry with and has been relegated to the graveyard slot of early breakfast. Just sad for Nat who's quite capable of doing a show on her own.
I inadvertently heard Dean and Vicky’s last show. Apparently they didn’t actually know each other when they were told they were being put together to replace Scott & Chris, so not even tested in a demo show to see if they would have chemistry. Madness

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
I feel like radio 2 has turned into Radio create Glastonbury FOMO this week. Every bloody day it has been are you going, call in if you are going, call in if you are there, call in if you are on the way....

I do enjoy the coverage of the actual performances, I just don't want to hear from every single sweaty camper that goes through the gate :p .

Don't take this to seriously BTW. I hope they all gave a good time, I just wish it wasn't the only thing anyone had to talk about this week.

For context.... I hate anything and everything to do with camping, tents or not being able yo wash properly. It makes me feel grim.
Completely agree, assuming that everyone is excited about an overhyped, overpriced (£360 a ticket!) event is very BBC behaviour

Reactions: 3

stardust21

VIP Member
I really like Scott. I don’t think it’s a coincidence he’s taken time away after Steve Wrights death with the vile things that were written to be honest… insinuations that the BBC killed him by replacing that show with Scott’s. That must have been insanely hard to work through and I can only being to imagine the bile he received.

• Sad

esoes

Chatty Member
Is anyone missing Scott Mills at this point or are we all in agreement that Radio 2 is better without him? Never liked him on it and never thought he was the right fit. Hope it’s reflected in the listening views.

Totally agree. I just don't think his show works. I was never a Vernon fan and have even taken to him quicker as Scott started a year before. I always think Scott sounds like he CBA to be there too. I'm enjoying Spooney and hope they look at changing the afternoon slot.

Traazers

VIP Member
They seem to have done the same with Dean too! I always switch off R1 at lunch time when I hear the 1pm changeover, but the intro always says Dean's 'under the weather ' or on holiday 🤣
Just cull them and be done with it!
I genuinely can't listen to Dean and he's even worse with Vicky, they're AWFUL

• Haha

Traazers

VIP Member
yep - they always introduce the chancellor like “the important man who’s in charge of all our money-woney” and it drives me crazy. while i know the radio 1 demographic is younger, they’re not toddlers.

i am accepting that i’m just too old for radio 1 now though 🥲 can’t give up greg in the mornings just yet but literally every other show (except maybe matt and molly) is like a group of work experience kids have somehow gotten hold of a microphone.
THIS!!! This is exactly how I feel too! I can't stand listening to any of it except as you say, Greg and Matt and Molly. Molly irritates me sometimes though too but I like how much fun they seem to have so prefer them together to when Matt is on on his own, yesterday's show Matt was on great form, he seemed almost giddy and was really funny