Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Traazers

VIP Member
Well guessed! In papers it says he and his boyfriend are in Celeb Race Across the World.
Weird that he didn't mention this was why he was off, usually they really ham it up when someone's doing something else on the BBC because its basically free advertising for them if he's constantly mentioning that's where he's going on the (radio) show

Reactions: 2

Traazers

VIP Member
I think Aled Haydn Jones’ tenure at the top of R1 has been an absolute disaster so this doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.
It's absolutely atrocious now, and it's nothing to do with the playlist, the presenters are 99% absolutely terrible

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I’m up early enough to hear Owain on the early breakfast on R2, my god he’s awful.

Oh joy Zoe is back. Off to Greatest Hits for my commute 😂
Owain used to be our local “weatherman” (I use the term loosely as I’m not sure what he actually knew about the weather) on Look North. The way he used to big up his part and jump around while pointing at the map was really irritating and off putting. This was some years ago, and it was clear he was one of those people who would do anything to be on the telly / be famous, and was trying really hard to be noticed 🤢

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Will be avoiding R1 till the Big weekend is over 🥱
Liked Scott and Rylans Friday show together, will he be taking over during Scott's Wedding/Honeymoon?

hlc18

Sam and Dani must work for peanuts. They are dire! The phone in about them “treating” themselves to not brushing their teeth was too much, it had to go off after that!

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
I wonder if Scott Mills has been filming celebrity race across the world or some other reality show for the bbc. Today he’s uploaded a video of him seeing his dog for the first time in six weeks so he seems to have been away somewhere.

Unrelated, Newsbeat is really annoying me with how babyish it’s reporting is. They were talking about David Cameron and instead of introducing him as Foreign Secretary they said something along the lines of the man in government who looks after the uks relations with other countries. I’m sure they did something similar with the chancellor as well, the man in charge of the nations finances rather than his job title
I don't know who chooses the news items for newsbeat but I swear it feels like a rotation of niche sport stuff and drag race 'news' 😂

CrushedIcePlease

VIP Member
Just listening to Radio 1 - Jamie is hardly ever on?! Not necessarily a bad thing but he doesn’t “do” Thursdays anyway and has been off for weeks touring his podcast. I wonder how that was agreed, surely the first few months are the most important so they gel with each other and the audience?

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I miss him! He's the main reason I've switched from R1 to R2. His music taste and references are generally 90s/ 00s pop culture and that's very much up my street! I'm 34, so sometimes R2 can feel a bit old for me (not into 80s or 70s stuff) so for me Scott is a nice mix between new stuff and my era of nostalgia 😊
Spoony is ok for a bit, but I wouldn't listen if he was on full time.
I’m much older than you, and don’t feel old enough for radio 2

• Haha

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
they absolutely have. i’ve been going to work early the past few saturdays and have been subjected to sam and danny - who spend most of their time wondering what certain buttons do, talking over the end of songs and not seeming to know anything about music when they do a music based quiz 🤣 jamie laing is also just all wrong for radio. he worked with matt edmonson just about but it’s like he’s an annoying kid that vick and katie are having to babysit.

it needs a huge cull. the quality there rn is godawful.
Jamie Lang- hope someone got fired for that choice! Not bothered that he's posh, he's just boring and really unlikable.
I watched an old Harry Enfield and chums the other day where smashie and nicey were being demoted to the middle of the night 'radio quiet' slot. A bit like what they've done with putting Dean on at 4am early breakfast 😂

Reactions: 1

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
So next Friday on Radio 1 it's the start of the new Vicky Hawksworth and Nat O Leary show. They have got Vicky away from Dean who she had no chemistry with and has been relegated to the graveyard slot of early breakfast. Just sad for Nat who's quite capable of doing a show on her own.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
It's absolutely atrocious now, and it's nothing to do with the playlist, the presenters are 99% absolutely terrible
it’s shockingly bad - i love greg (the fact they’re extending his show over the summer speaks volumes) and i like matt and molly but god the rest are so bad. at this point i am developing a personal vendetta against those sam and danny children who seem to be on every time i get in my car 🤣

dean has such an inflated ego that i always felt like he hated having a co-host and so he and vicky were just really awkward to listen to. he could be so pass-agg with her. i bet she’s just glad it’s over!

under the ivy

VIP Member
Owain used to be our local “weatherman” (I use the term loosely as I’m not sure what he actually knew about the weather) on Look North. The way he used to big up his part and jump around while pointing at the map was really irritating and off putting. This was some years ago, and it was clear he was one of those people who would do anything to be on the telly / be famous, and was trying really hard to be noticed 🤢
Im in the Look North region and remember him 😂😩