BBC radio stations #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Radio one drive time feels as flat as a pancake. I bet Vic must be secretly fuming Jordan left.

Reactions: 4
Rylan returns today, with an improved tan (his words) 😁

Tony Blackburn turned down a job in a Mirror factory....he just couldn't see himself working there.....on reflection it was a wise decision.....
:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is anyone missing Scott Mills at this point or are we all in agreement that Radio 2 is better without him? Never liked him on it and never thought he was the right fit. Hope it’s reflected in the listening views.

Is anyone missing Scott Mills at this point or are we all in agreement that Radio 2 is better without him? Never liked him on it and never thought he was the right fit. Hope it’s reflected in the listening views.

Totally agree. I just don't think his show works. I was never a Vernon fan and have even taken to him quicker as Scott started a year before. I always think Scott sounds like he CBA to be there too. I'm enjoying Spooney and hope they look at changing the afternoon slot.

Reactions: 3
I miss him! He's the main reason I've switched from R1 to R2. His music taste and references are generally 90s/ 00s pop culture and that's very much up my street! I'm 34, so sometimes R2 can feel a bit old for me (not into 80s or 70s stuff) so for me Scott is a nice mix between new stuff and my era of nostalgia 😊
Spoony is ok for a bit, but I wouldn't listen if he was on full time.

Reactions: 6
Tony Blackburn walked into his kitchen where his wife was dipping £20 notes into batter & deep frying them.........."what are doing???........frittering our money away like that!"

• Haha
I miss him! He's the main reason I've switched from R1 to R2. His music taste and references are generally 90s/ 00s pop culture and that's very much up my street! I'm 34, so sometimes R2 can feel a bit old for me (not into 80s or 70s stuff) so for me Scott is a nice mix between new stuff and my era of nostalgia 😊
Spoony is ok for a bit, but I wouldn't listen if he was on full time.
I preferred him on Radio 1 when he used to do things like innuendo bingo, loved that. The music he plays I enjoy but not Scott himself. I’m 27 but like Radio 2 for the older stuff they play at times. Tony Blackburn’s sounds of the 60s is one of my favourites shows - I’m an old soul at heart 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Johnnie Walker sounded frail (voice wise) these past few weeks, his Sunday 70's show is pre-recorded quite frequently now.
Do hope he's ok.

Reactions: 5
Johnnie Walker sounded frail (voice wise) these past few weeks, his Sunday 70's show is pre-recorded quite frequently now.
Do hope he's ok.
Me and my mum have been saying that for the last few weeks. He suddenly sounds a lot older than he used to. I hope he is okay. I don't think he has sounded himself since Christmas.

I have been feeling sad for him recently. He frequently mentions people in the music industry who have passed away recently. These people will be his peers, friends or people he has interviewed in the past. I suppose that is one of the downsides of being old 😕, some people go first to get everything ready for those that come after. It must suck though.

His interview with Steve Harley today was really fun, but it made it really obvious how much his voice has changed.

• Sad
Me and my mum have been saying that for the last few weeks. He suddenly sounds a lot older than he used to. I hope he is okay. I don't think he has sounded himself since Christmas.

I have been feeling sad for him recently. He frequently mentions people in the music industry who have passed away recently. These people will be his peers, friends or people he has interviewed in the past. I suppose that is one of the downsides of being old 😕, some people go first to get everything ready for those that come after. It must suck though.

His interview with Steve Harley today was really fun, but it made it really obvious how much his voice has changed.
I think Steve Wright passing away recently affected Johnnie and one or two others.