Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CrushedIcePlease

VIP Member
I genuinely can't listen to Dean and he's even worse with Vicky, they're AWFUL
They are going soon aren’t they? June?!
Dean going onto early breakfast which luckily for me is easily avoided. I detest getting in the car at lunchtime and them just spewing crap. They couldn’t even work their headphones today and had to play a song while they sorted it out… wtf 😂

Reactions: 1

stardust21

VIP Member
Steve Wrights love songs will be hosted by Michael Ball from June. And Michael Ball’s show will be hosted by Paddy McGuinness

• Wow

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Tony B was meeting up with a dear old friend.....who turned up wearing a Baseball cap, a Football shirt, Golf trousers & Tennis shoes.......
'What's your game then?' said Tony
😬

hlc18

Whyyyyyyyy can’t Callum on Newsbeat say ‘women’, it’s always ‘womans’. It drives me bonkers.

CrushedIcePlease

VIP Member
My guess is maybe adopted a child? Or maybe breakup? But obviously pure speculation. Maybe just wanted a nice long break!
Ohhhh that’s a good shout actually. He mentioned how long he had taken off all through the show which makes me think there might be a “reveal at some point”.

He could have been filming some sort of celebrity reality show if not although I don’t know of any which would take 5 weeks off..

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Jo Good, ex BBC Radio London, claims to have 5 million (!!!) listeners to the show she now does Fridays and Saturdays at 10pm.

Even though she's now broadcast nationally via BBC local radio, I find it hard to believe that 8% of the UK population tune in to hear her taking calls from her luvvie mates and a few regular callers, as well as her constant mentions of "if you follow me on my social media" seemingly in an attempt to get eyeballs to the ads, promos, partnerships and sponsored content she peddles on YouTube and Instagram.

Does anyone know how she arrived at this 5mill figure?

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
I inadvertently heard Dean and Vicky’s last show. Apparently they didn’t actually know each other when they were told they were being put together to replace Scott & Chris, so not even tested in a demo show to see if they would have chemistry. Madness
It's not like Scott and Chris didn't give many months notice they were leaving either! Just putting Dean and Vicky together for a 5 minute test would have made it plainly obvious they disliked each other and weren't skilled enough for such a prime slot!

Captainmouse

VIP Member

Maybe someone who listens to bbc (I don’t) can have a look

FakeSmile

VIP Member
It's not like Scott and Chris didn't give many months notice they were leaving either! Just putting Dean and Vicky together for a 5 minute test would have made it plainly obvious they disliked each other and weren't skilled enough for such a prime slot!
I think Aled Haydn Jones’ tenure at the top of R1 has been an absolute disaster so this doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.

TheStrawberryThief

Listening to Radio 2 and Jane McDonald doesn’t sound natural on the radio. She’s talking like she’s doing a voiceover for one of her channel 5 shows.
I agree. She is a really dull cover presenter and a dissapointing addition to bank holidays. I don't know why they don't just one of their regular stand ins instead.

I did enjoy listening to Tony today, some great song choices

CrushedIcePlease

VIP Member
Weird that he didn't mention this was why he was off, usually they really ham it up when someone's doing something else on the BBC because its basically free advertising for them if he's constantly mentioning that's where he's going on the (radio) show
I’m sure that will come 😉

CrushedIcePlease

VIP Member
Anyone know why Scott Mills was off for 5 weeks? He’s back today and said he didn’t get married which is what I had assumed…

isaidit2

Why has Gary Crowley only an hour slot? Maybe less of Robert " I live in the barbican" elms.. so sick of him ..always butting in and top trumping everyone 😴