Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t really relate to some of what I’ve read online about this being the darkest thing they’ve ever seen, can’t think of anything else a week later etc. Yeah the subject matter isn’t lighthearted in the least but come on.
Not a day of the week goes by where a woman isn’t depicted in some show or other being abused, drugged, raped, murdered, mutilated, you name it. If you can think of the worst degradation, it’s usually been a storyline. Depicted nude on a mortuary slab in a lot of cases. Gratuitous. Even though we know it happens in RL week in and week out.
The novelty of this show is the actor played a version of himself is different so I get that aspect.
He’s a self promoter on an epic scale I have to hand it to him.

I think it’s more the manner of the abuse. Through grooming etc and that the victim is aware of what’s happened and voluntarily returns?

Reactions: 2
All getting a bit grim and uncomfortable now with the social media sleuths

Appreciate the stalker and the abuser both perpetrated awful things but there’s a chance it may not be these people - despite how it looks - and more lives may be ruined

This on top of that lady speaking about Richard Gadd himself, I don’t know.

One of the most thought provoking things I’ve watched in a long time but something really doesn’t sit well with the whole thing and I actually felt that after watching so maybe that shows how well done it was

Reactions: 15
Are the rumours pointing to this Sean foley bloke then? Much more interested in who the creepy comedy bloke is than Martha.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Binged this. Great show. I just don’t understand why he didn’t tell anyone - his exes mother - why didn’t he tell her who tf Martha was when she was in the kitchen? Why didn’t he tell his ex he had been raped?

Reactions: 10
All getting a bit grim and uncomfortable now with the social media sleuths

Appreciate the stalker and the abuser both perpetrated awful things but there’s a chance it may not be these people - despite how it looks - and more lives may be ruined

This on top of that lady speaking about Richard Gadd himself, I don’t know.

One of the most thought provoking things I’ve watched in a long time but something really doesn’t sit well with the whole thing and I actually felt that after watching so maybe that shows how well done it was
To be honest why would he would he cast them so similar if he didn't want it coming out, he hasn't changed anything about her. There's tweets from her her social media profile being the same , she's exactly the same online as protrayed in the show she even looks similar to the actress. Also the actor to play his abuser even has him dressed the same and looks very similar.
---
I watched the first couple but found it a bit too depressing.

The thing playing on my mind is that if the stalker was in any way similar to the show. Is not a bit unethical to make a TV show about somebody so clearly unwell? Especially if you have reason to believe that they are a victim of abuse too. It may be therapeutic for him but it all seems a bit grim to turn into, essentially, entertainment.
I think this as well he said he didn't want it to come out it was her but he's literally changed nothing about her in the show. She hasn't mentioned anything about the show so hopefully she's not too bothered.

Reactions: 7
To be honest why would he would he cast them so similar if he didn't want it coming out, he hasn't changed anything about her. There's tweets from her her social media profile being the same , she's exactly the same online as protrayed in the show she even looks similar to the actress. Also the actor to play his abuser even has him dressed the same and looks very similar.
---

I think this as well he said he didn't want it to come out it was her but he's literally changed nothing about her in the show. She hasn't mentioned anything about the show so hopefully she's not too bothered.
But if she didn’t delete old tweets, that’s on her! I really don’t feel much pity for him! She made his life a living hell and her tweets and posts on fb are racist and really unpleasant

Reactions: 7
I must be in the minority, but I didn’t find the series traumatic.
There’s no doubt that it’s a bit unsettling, but I’m sure Gadd took a fair bit of dramatic license.
He said himself he would have done anything to be famous!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
This is so, so bad to say and I’ve had pain in my past regarding this topic so I feel for Gadd, but just focusing on the series I got bored once it switched from Martha’s stalking to the abuse and its aftermath. I preferred the first three episodes- I’m aware the stalking and his past are intertwined

• Heart
Gadd's abuse is fundamental to the question of why he didn't report Martha's behaviour to the police sooner; he explains as such in episode 4.
Martha is unhinged and malevolent but Gadd's abuser is far worse. I'm surprised there's not more focus on outing him.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
IMG_0547.jpeg

She’s completely unhinged. I’ve read through a few of her rants on Facebook and most of them barely make sense. It’s quite obvious she needs some kind of psychiatric intervention - she sounds so nasty and full of venom.

• Wow
I think it was hinting that Martha was sexually abused in the past as well as she was very sexual but seemed very vulnerable.

Reactions: 10
If she trained as a Lawyer, how come her posts are so full of spelling mistakes etc?

Reactions: 21
If she trained as a Lawyer, how come her posts are so full of spelling mistakes etc?
Yeah she had the certificate on her fridge too- did she fake that? The story’s true obviously and I seem to remember someone said above she was trying to adopt a fake persona hence the writing style

Reactions: 2
Yeah she had the certificate on her fridge too- did she fake that? The story’s true obviously and I seem to remember someone said above she was trying to adopt a fake persona hence the writing style
No I think it's true she has a picture of her in a graduation gown on her social media when she was much much younger.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Strong suggestions that it is Sean Foley. I bet the Entertainment industry is full of warped bastards like him!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.