Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God, the resemblance is uncanny. The acting from everyone is absolutely sublime. Jessica Gunning is phenomenally good.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 2890701

She’s completely unhinged. I’ve read through a few of her rants on Facebook and most of them barely make sense. It’s quite obvious she needs some kind of psychiatric intervention - she sounds so nasty and full of venom.
If the screenshots on X from her fb are her, she's no longer appearing in search results. The above seems to show she's received dm's from ppl she doesn’t know, which follows on from being identified.

It hasn't taken long for this to happen & her info is barely different to what was shown, not made her completely anon as RG had stated. People contacting her now is way beyond the mark, it doesn't sound as if her mental state has improved & their could be real consequences here.

Reactions: 24
If the screenshots on X from her fb are her, she's no longer appearing in search results. The above seems to show she's received dm's from ppl she doesn’t know, which follows on from being identified.

It hasn't taken long for this to happen & her info is barely different to what was shown, not made her completely anon as RG had stated. People contacting her now is way beyond the mark, it doesn't sound as if her mental state has improved & their could be real consequences here.
That post I screenshotted was from July last year. All her current posts are about Camden council.
---
did you watch the show?
Yes, thanks 🙄 Her character on the show could have been dramatised for TV, it’s clear from looking at her social media accounts that this isn’t the case.

Reactions: 8
That post I screenshotted was from July last year. All her current posts are about Camden council.
---

Yes, thanks 🙄 Her character on the show could have been dramatised for TV, it’s clear from looking at her social media accounts that this isn’t the case.
Oh right, thanks for clarifying.

The profile photo for her fb that's been shown on X, is no longer showing, so hopefully she has set her fb account to better privacy settings. It wouldn't surprise if ppl have messaged her tbh.

Reactions: 1
I’m just about to start episode 4 wow it’s a lot! I can’t believe how similar the ‘characters’ are to the people in real life. I listened to an interview with Richard Gadd and he said they were very different?

Reactions: 1
To be honest why would he would he cast them so similar if he didn't want it coming out, he hasn't changed anything about her. There's tweets from her her social media profile being the same , she's exactly the same online as protrayed in the show she even looks similar to the actress. Also the actor to play his abuser even has him dressed the same and looks very similar.
---

I think this as well he said he didn't want it to come out it was her but he's literally changed nothing about her in the show. She hasn't mentioned anything about the show so hopefully she's not too bothered.
And its naive to think that the general public wont go looking for her online. Its what they do.

Reactions: 15
Has anyone seen the tiktok by Reece Lyon’s ?

They have posted about their experience with Richard Gad although he isn’t named. It’s quite eye opening. The TikTok username is reecelyons_

Ive always had a feeling (that I can’t fully articulate) that he was/is in denial about his sexuality and I’m not saying I don’t believe his account of what happened to him. But I suspect he isn’t exactly a nice person himself and more stuff about his creepy interactions with women will be coming out soon enough.

Reactions: 11

99.9 percent of us who have looked would never contact her. I wanted to confirm the story and satisfy my own morbid curiosity I would never contact her. RG said he had changed things around so she wouldn't be identifiable. He wasn't telling the truth , he hasn't changed much just her name. The lawyer fantasy , hanging curtains, Scottish , racism even her looks are very similar to the real Martha 🤣. I wouldn't contact her but RG should have reflected whether she would start it up again because it's being broadcast round the world. She doesn't seem to care at the minute that might rapidly changd.
---
Has anyone seen the tiktok by Reece Lyon’s ?

They have posted about their experience with Richard Gad although he isn’t named. It’s quite eye opening. The TikTok username is reecelyons_

Ive always had a feeling (that I can’t fully articulate) that he was/is in denial about his sexuality and I’m not saying I don’t believe his account of what happened to him. But I suspect he isn’t exactly a nice person himself and more stuff about his creepy interactions with women will be coming out soon enough.
He openly says in the show he's a duck up , not sure about his sexuality especially since his SA and he's treated intimate partners terribly.

Reactions: 12
Did anyone else find it made them really anxious? I'm having to watch it so slowly because its making me so physically anxious to watch

I'm starting to wonder if this is his revenge almost. I haven't watched it all yet (on episode 5) but from what I have seen so far the police weren't all that interested and he never reported the SA? So what if this is his way of getting back at them. He's basically exposed them to the world for what they are. I do find it uncomfortable viewing for so many reasons. Maybe that's also the point.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I'm starting to wonder if this is his revenge almost. I haven't watched it all yet (on episode 5) but from what I have seen so far the police weren't all that interested and he never reported the SA? So what if this is his way of getting back at them. He's basically exposed them to the world for what they are. I do find it uncomfortable viewing for so many reasons. Maybe that's also the point.
I do wonder about that too. There’s so much in it to identify the people especially in the modern world of social media!

99.9 percent of us who have looked would never contact her. I wanted to confirm the story and satisfy my own morbid curiosity I would never contact her. RG said he had changed things around so she wouldn't be identifiable. He wasn't telling the truth , he hasn't changed much just her name. The lawyer fantasy , hanging curtains, Scottish , racism even her looks are very similar to the real Martha 🤣. I wouldn't contact her but RG should have reflected whether she would start it up again because it's being broadcast round the world. She doesn't seem to care at the minute that might rapidly changd.
---

He openly says in the show he's a duck up , not sure about his sexuality especially since his SA and he's treated intimate partners terribly.
He has, but I wonder if more stuff will be leaked/come out about him since the release of Baby Reindeer, of recent interactions. Just because he admits to being a duck up doesn’t mean his behaviour is acceptable and if there is any truth in what Reece Lyon has stated it might be a quick rise and fall from grace for him. I find it all fascinating. Especially since there has been a tremendous amount of empathy and goodwill towards him so far.

She used to go by the name Fiona Muir
I know someone with that name 🤣 it's not the same one though.

Regarding Reece Lyon, I think Gadd did rightly portray himself as being quite problematic. I think that's what makes the programme interesting. Recognising that an abuser can be troubled and a victim can also be in the wrong. None of the stuff she says sounds cancellation worthy to me though.

He definitely doesn't come across as very likeable in the series. Might have something to do with his self hatred though. Just finished it and it has fascinated me. I dread to think how many others his abuser may have also abused though. I hope some sort of justice is served because that man is dangerous.

At no point whilst watching, with the exception of episode 4, did I feel sympathy for him. That is why I enjoyed the program, it's laying out a story about some very damaged people and as a viewer you're seeing all the shades of grey - he hasn't even portrayed himself as a victim, instead laying bare the absolute chaos of leading Martha on (having a wank over her pic!) and his return to his abuser with no real explanation as to why he went there.

I'm very lucky to not be the victim of SA or stalking so I'm very much on the outside looking in and I kept thinking "but why are you doing xyz!?" and "why doesn't he tell xyz!?" and feeling infuriated at his lack of positive action. However that's his point isn't it - he was so messed up for various reasons that logic went out of the window and he acted purely on making himself feel something - be that love, lust, sadness, fear, excitement, etc. In the process he used Martha's obsession with him to his own ends and he treated Teri appallingly.

So this stuff coming out about him being an unpleasant person - it isn't a surprise is it, he laid it all bare. A SA victim is a victim regardless of whether they are a nice person or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Thinking the same! If so fair play

Reactions: 10
The speculation and witch hunt is really getting on my tits now. Can people just let it lie? Just enjoy it for the good piece of television that it was. Let it go. So annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
He definitely didn’t portray himself as being a sympathetic victim. He showed that he was fucked up and treated people like crap because he was so wrapped up in the self-hatred that came from his trauma.

I feel no sympathy at all for Reece Lyons I’m afraid. From what she is sharing they went on a couple of dates, perhaps at a time when it would have better that they didn’t with the casting taking place, and it didn’t work out. Maybe he acted like a bit of a dick but I can’t see from what she is posting that he did anything worth trying to tell the world about now. I think Reece is pissed that she didn’t get the job and is trying to make a name for herself by playing the victim now he is in the spotlight.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.