Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I binged watched this yesterday and came straight to Tattle. I found this on a Fiona Harvey twitter account (another one than the one mentioned in this thread). Can’t say this isn’t creepy? If you read the article the deer were killed in quite a horrible way, it wasn’t just a hunting accident.

I don’t actually think he wanted to protect her identity but I think he needed to for legal reasons so did said what he had to. He’s clearly intelligent enough to know that putting all those real quotes in would allow her to be identified.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m not sure I feel he’s clever. There’s something ‘off’ about him. Like he’s still getting off on the attention. I got part way through episode 3 and stopped watching.

Reactions: 25
The speculation and witch hunt is really getting on my tits now. Can people just let it lie? Just enjoy it for the good piece of television that it was. Let it go. So annoying.
It was obviously going to happen though. As I’ve said before… the show would have known it too.

I do wonder if people would be so defensive about “Martha” if the stalker was male and the victim was female. A story about a man who stalked many including a family and their disabled child, followed a woman along a canal, assaulted a trans person and posts loads of vile crap all over the internet. Would everyone then still be like “oh leave him alone, he’s mentally unwell and a victim too”, probably not.

I personally haven’t mentioned what is believed to be Martha’s real name etc and I do think it feels a little icky how it’s played out but I don’t blame any individuals for that, the makers of the show should have safeguarded her identity better if they didn’t want it to be known.

Also people are naming who they think Darrien is with little to no evidence other than he looks like the actor and people aren’t getting dragged for that?
---
Richard Gadd has posted this on his instagram story.
View attachment 2891628
Massive eye roll. Too little too late.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
If he hadn’t considered the fact that people would speculate and try to find the real people then he’s very naive

Reactions: 30
Binged the entire show today. It was very captivating, couldn't switch it off once I started.

It was quite an interesting portrayal of being stalked, in that he often enabled her.

The wanking over her picture... can't get my head around that 🤣

Reactions: 17
Did anyone else think he had shagged her. I missed the dream/fantasy sequence

Reactions: 26
He's not naive, but he is being incredibly disingenuous.
Nail on the head! I couldn’t put my finger on why I stopped watching but yes there is something disingenuous about it and him in his press. It feels very self indulgent and a bit voyeuristic.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Surely he knew exactly what would happen, like someone said it feels like maybe that was his angle at least with the real Martha?

Whole things getting weirder.

Reactions: 11
Her last status’ in the past hour are madness
She must spend her whole day posting shite on fb! She’s defo not right in the head! She’s not even made her profile private, so just be getting all sorts of weird messages!

Reactions: 7
She must spend her whole day posting shite on fb! She’s defo not right in the head! She’s not even made her profile private, so just be getting all sorts of weird messages!
I thought one of her posts was possibly a dig at Richard Gadd, but without being too direct due to her restraining order!

Reactions: 3
There's a whole part of me that feels sorry for her. Something happened to make her the way she is. Even though I can't condone her behaviour and her views are disgusting
But there's something quite poetic in its irony that she's becoming the one who's stalked now. I wonder how it's making her feel? All those unsolicited messages and stuff? I hope it does feel invasive for her and she feels an iota of how some of the people she's stalked must have felt

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She’s getting lots of likes on FB, I imagine she is enjoying the attention, she strikes me as someone very lonely!

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.