Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He has said himself he thinks she is also a victim.
Every abuser is a victim of something previous. If she was a man we wouldn’t be going to such complex lengths to understand the whys. She is awful. She needs to be avoided forever. Facts.

Reactions: 16
I watched the first couple but found it a bit too depressing.

The thing playing on my mind is that if the stalker was in any way similar to the show. Is not a bit unethical to make a TV show about somebody so clearly unwell? Especially if you have reason to believe that they are a victim of abuse too. It may be therapeutic for him but it all seems a bit grim to turn into, essentially, entertainment.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That person could have just saved themselves the effort of typing that thread out and us the time of reading it because what exactly is their point?

At no point have I seen RG try to come across as a spectacular, completely healed human being who is incapable of doing any wrong.

It definitely seems like someone trying to get their 15 minutes of fame off the back of the hype about the show and it stinks.
If anything he has laid himself pretty bare in terms of questionable behaviour and his treatment of the ex. Outing himself a coward when initially dating teri for fear of exposure of his interest in trans women to the point where I think fair play not many people would tell their story and actually include those elements where they fell short, I think it shows growth. The tweet smells like sour grapes to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
He has said himself he thinks she is also a victim.
If what what was shown of 'Martha' in the series was accurate, she seemed like a typical Psychopath mimicking emotions to manipulate whoever was in her sights at the time. Making people feel sorry for them is what Psychopaths do. He fell for it I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
A victim of a lack of support system - mental health help, mental illness diagnosis. I think.

Reactions: 4
A victim of a lack of support system - mental health help, mental illness diagnosis. I think.
Her explanation of why she called him Baby Reindeer definitely indicated that she experienced childhood abuse/trauma.

Reactions: 21
Yeah for sure. I think the programme was really good at showing the nuance and messiness of people and life, and the fallout of trauma -her and him, and the lack of being able to do anything about any of it. He said himself he started off pitying her - and the audience were led into this now and then but sharply jolted right out of it with her hideous abusive language and racism and misogyny and all the rest of it. It was a rollercoaster.

I assumed he wouldn’t have done this if there was a hope of her being outed or what have you as that has got to be dancing with the devil, restraint or no.

Reactions: 7
Whats her fb? Can someone post a screenshot of her posts or profile pic?

Reactions: 2
I assumed he wouldn’t have done this if there was a hope of her being outed or what have you as that has got to be dancing with the devil, restraint or no.
He knew her name on Twitter, so surely they knew (both him and Netflix) the tweets were still there. Only a matter of time before someone found her, the one to him about hanging her curtains is still there.

He knew her name on Twitter, so surely they knew (both him and Netflix) the tweets were still there. Only a matter of time before someone found her, the one to him about hanging her curtains is still there.
That’s the one that got me from the spelling errors to the actual same references used in the show 🥴

Reactions: 5
I'm on episode 4, please tell me it doesn't happen. This is heartbreaking. What a brave man to tell his story so openly.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone else remember the Martha character as the security guard in Trollied?🤣
Omg that’s what she was in! I knew she looked familiar 😂
---
I binged this today. Much more traumatic than I expected. Brave of RG to write and star in it as some of those scenes must have been so harrowing to reenact.
Not sure how he thinks the stalker won’t be able to work out it’s about her, she’ll recognise Richard and know she stalked him surely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I decided to watch this during the night feeds with my newborn.

He’s been asleep since 10pm and I’ve just sat n watched the whole series.

• Haha
  • Wow
I binge watched it on Saturday night with my daughter. It was brilliantly done and very interesting that you got a glimpse into her too. As crazy as she is, it does touch on childhood trauma and she seen the trauma in him. Even down to the fact a man had abused him. No one else seen that in him but she did. She seen his hurt. Him talking about how he became obsessed with her was interesting. To me, the fact it was true that it happened to him and for him to write and star in it is a bit weird. All the time spent writing it and then acting will have been a long time. It’s almost like he still can’t let her go. Or, maybe doing it was cathartic and gave him closure.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I absolutely loved it and how he protrayed how some abuse victims can become addicted to the thrill of chaos . The bit about him needing attention and self destructive behaviour.
The bit how he wants real Martha to have privacy I doubt is true, the actress casted looks very similar to the real stalker , she's the exact same online , even down to the lawyer thing. She calls herself a lawyer and has a picture in her graduation gown from years ago. The spelling errors etc. I worry she will start it up again!! But maybe she will get the attention she always wanted.
The actor playing his abuser looks identical to Sean Foley and he's stepped down from a job!!

Reactions: 18
I can’t really relate to some of what I’ve read online about this being the darkest thing they’ve ever seen, can’t think of anything else a week later etc. Yeah the subject matter isn’t lighthearted in the least but come on.
Not a day of the week goes by where a woman isn’t depicted in some show or other being abused, drugged, raped, murdered, mutilated, you name it. If you can think of the worst degradation, it’s usually been a storyline. Depicted nude on a mortuary slab in a lot of cases. Gratuitous. Even though we know it happens in RL week in and week out.
The novelty of this show is the actor played a version of himself is different so I get that aspect.
He’s a self promoter on an epic scale I have to hand it to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.